It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret book of Enoch, HOW did it become alien canon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have been reading this book and I must say it is honestly a magical journey to somewhere. Obviously, I am amazed at the accuracy of language used to describe things on the level of Divine Comedy.

But I ask this question. How did this become an interwoven connection between aliens(greys/etc etc) and mankind? I know not everyone believes in this but many do. I am trying to see people perspective and I will obviously give out my opinion, because that is what I am good at

should be a fun thread

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

read the description of enoch himself. he was not described as looking like a man. he had what we would perceive today to be alien features. some say even reptilian.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I alway's thought that the book of Enoch was a book in wich he decribed his journey through heaven and hell. He saw angels and also decribed the fallen angels.

Enoch was a special person in the bible because he never died, he was taken away by God himself. So long time before Jesus allready somebody with a eternal life ?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
can't you post it? I imagine physical descriptions are at the start of the book. Nor have I finished reading it. Unless theirs varations as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by css1981

lots of people then were taken straight to heaven. elijah was one of them. the alternative was a lot more... laborious.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by css1981
I alway's thought that the book of Enoch was a book in wich he decribed his journey through heaven and hell. He saw angels and also decribed the fallen angels.

Enoch was a special person in the bible because he never died, he was taken away by God himself. So long time before Jesus allready somebody with a eternal life ?

Yes that is the enoch. It is just that to modern ufologist/alien enthusiast they believe that it was an ancient interpretation on space ship/alien world. or some junk.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have always been interested in the story that is told in the book of Enoch. I can't help but notice a possible alien connection with all that is described. It sounds like they took him around the universe in a spaceship, at least that is my interpretation. They also speak about him in the book of Genesis in the bible. Here is a link to a PDF of the translated book of Enoch. Interesting indeed.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

No. 'The Keys Of Enoch' ...does not start out with a physical description of Enoch. Much the same as the Bible does not start out with a physical description of God.

To the OP are you speaking about the Bible itself?
Because.....the secret book of Enoch is not one of the books of the Bible to my knowledge.........yet The Keys Of Enoch is often referred to as The Secret Book Of Enoch, and it is a book unto itself apart from the Bible.

We kind NEED to know what book your talking about before your question can really be answered IMO

edit on 13-11-2010 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
reply to post by css1981

lots of people then were taken straight to heaven. elijah was one of them. the alternative was a lot more... laborious.

Lots of people?.......really?
From my knowledge of The Bible ONLY Enoch & Elijah have had this honor.........so can you please share with me all these other people of which you speak?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Apochrypa includes the book of Enoch, and that book is a hugely complex subject of investigation in itself. Often used as a source of castigation of one Christian belief against another, part of the Dead sea scrolls or not including the laguage used. Big subject, and cannot make much comment on it. The most prominent part as alien oriented is the "Wheels within wheels" story, either a dream or real, all according to how you see it.
edit on 13-11-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River It is just that to modern ufologist/alien enthusiast they believe that it was an ancient interpretation on space ship/alien world. Text Orange.

Ah well I guess THAT set the tone of this thread...

Hasta la bye bye

oh BTW God, angels etc are by their very nature Extra Terrestrials... not of this Earth

edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: Because I CAN!!! Mwahahahaha

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One interesting note in Book of Enoch as it did describe the universe and Earth isn't center of the universe while Catholic keep telling people that the Earth is center of the universe and Earth is flat. It's big contradict to Book of Enoch. It's why Book of Enoch wasn't part of canonical and it was even consider as forbidden knowledge.

Anyone who canonical their books are hiding something, but thanks to people who give their lives to preserve forbidden knowledge books that we can enjoy and read them.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I dont recall ever reading a discription of enoch that made him seem reptilian to me.....the only thing besides the fallen angels and their offspring that stuck out as weird to me was the birth of Noah. Only because he looked different than his parents, his skin tone anyways.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Actually smurfy, Enoch is not even considered as part of the apocrypha by most Catholics. The Ethiopians are about the only ones who accept this book as even remotely canon (although I personally find it fascinating)

I don't recall ever coming across a 'reptilian' description of Enoch, but aside from the cross-breeding between humans and aliens to create giants, the other aspect of Enoch which relates to alien culture is the idea of the fallen angels sharing advanced knowledge with mankind.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I love how one interpretation has to be RIGHT to people... why can't aliens and fallen angels be one and the same?

If god created the whole universe do you think he/she/it/they created just people that looked like us? Do you think maybe in his own image is a vastly corrupted (for good reason) version of with his own potential or something else...

THat is the thing more than anything else that PROVES to me that christianity islam etc are NOT what they seem.

Their utter and total lack of regard for any "mere man or mere woman" who doesn't have a crown on their head or some power over OTHER humans... The "holy books" are control mechanisms plain and simple designed to keep the COMMON MAN and his eyes and thoughts firmly planted in the DIRT. Let OTHERS think big thoughts and ask Big QUESTIONS dont worry when they learn something important they'll tell you!!

I always end up so disgusted that more people don't read and take to heart the all roads lead to rome literature that abounds these days... or the fact that here in the west we were supposed to have gotten over the divine right of royalty thing centuries ago yet somehow people still wait to hear from this famous person or that ELECTED person to find out what they SHOULD THINK....

helpful hint people anything that wants you to unquestioningly WORSHIP IT .... PROBABLY NOT VERY NICE / GOOD / CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Genesis 5 :

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: 24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Enoch is a special person in the bible as stated above... And now afcourse the big question is why ?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I dont recall ever reading a discription of enoch that made him seem reptilian to me.....the only thing besides the fallen angels and their offspring that stuck out as weird to me was the birth of Noah. Only because he looked different than his parents, his skin tone anyways.

Exactly. I have not seen ANY description in any text in either the Bible or Enoch or any other text belonging to those, that speaks of a Reptilian apparence in any character, or other Icke-stuff.

Ofcourse, I could actually have missed it, and if so, I would appreciate any such correction, if that would be the case

However; The description of Enoch, as you mentioned, is very interesting- in fact, the whole text-piece about him are, as it in short explains how the Father refused to believe that Noah was his own child, because, as he said;

I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven

Why did he think this? Because;

his body was white as snow and red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair of his head and his long locks were white as wool

This description is found again and again in ancient legends and texts in regards of the "Heavenly beings" and their apparence; both regarding the Visiting beings themselves, aswell as their offspring together with Earthlings. Even more interesting is, that the description is nothing unique, but is found over the whole Globe, even in areas where the inhabitors is very darkskinned.

Ancient texts are so fascinating.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

The book of Enoch is about Fallen Angels who "kept not their first estate" Came to earth and "Took wives of all whom they chose". The women bore hybrid children which are called "Nephilim" in the Bible. Goliath was one of these. Here is a 2 hour video by Chuck Missler who goes into it in great detail. video.google.com...#

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have an old book given to me by my grandma, called "The lost books of the bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden". Old book and very interesting... in it is one book called The Book of the Secrets of Enoch..and it seems quite different from anything i am seeing here...what gives.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by virginiageek
reply to post by Nightchild

The book of Enoch is about Fallen Angels who "kept not their first estate" Came to earth and "Took wives of all whom they chose". The women bore hybrid children which are called "Nephilim" in the Bible. Goliath was one of these. Here is a 2 hour video by Chuck Missler who goes into it in great detail. video.google.com...#

That stuff is in the bible itself. Not enoch. It is not "about" that. but it mentions fallen angels humping women. It mentions it. it is more about a journey to heaven/hell.
You have a misinterpretation of the book. Obviously you have not read it?
also, the tone in this thread has me confused. lol
edit on 14-11-2010 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join