It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations With My Dad: After He Died....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
And nothing about saying that feels weird to me.

I grew up in an atheist family---my Dad didn't believe in God. I don't know where I developed my sense of spirituality but I always knew there was "something more."

My Dad died suddenly and he was pretty young...65 years old. He was an intellectual and a world traveler and anything to do with religion or spirituality was not a part of his reality.

A few months before he died---almost prophetically--he decided to come and visit on a whim. And he came alone. I remember sitting at the kitchen counter with him, showing him some websites on UFO's and other alternative topics. I could never convince him that there was more to the world than meets the eye. I think he thought I was somewhat nuts---something that bothered me since I valued his opinion.

Two weeks after he died, I visited a well-known channeler. I wasn't sure that he'd come through, since I'd read that it takes time for some people who die to have the energy or know-how to channel their energy to someone on the earth plane. But he did come through and he began the conversation by reciting his telephone number to me to convince me it was really him. Now, there's no way this channeler knew me or my Dad--and certainly not his unpublished telephone number (also keep in mind that I have a different last name than he does).

He seemed to be very upset. The channeler said he was pacing back and forth and seemed confused. He was actually mad that he died, but said his body couldn't support his life anymore---he was sick. He explained how the pain had been in his legs initially (which was true.) What he said next really threw me for a loop:

He said that the pretty nurse by his bed was keeping him alive when he first had the stroke and that for a while, he was ping-ponging back and forth between here and the other side. He said it was hard for him, but he understood why we were doing it. He said the nurse had injected something into him which was keeping him alive for a while. I almost fell over when she said this---because it was true. My brother and I were the first to reach his bedside at the hospital but my other brother could not make it there until the next morning. This wonderful nurse said there was something she could give to my Dad that would keep his heart beating until our family member could get there--but she couldn't guarantee it. It was touch and go all night but the next morning, my Dad was still alive and we all got to say goodbye to him until we decided to take him off life support.

I watched the most important person in my life die that day. It was the hardest thing ever but I really find comfort in the fact that he is still alive somehow--somewhere.

I have seen two other channelers and each time my Dad comes through and he's said some amazing things. He always knows what's going on in my life and he usually opens the session up by telling me a private joke we had between one another about "spaghetti" (long story). He told me once during a channeling session that the way he sees earth now is like a snow globe....that it looks like a snow globe and he can see everyone in it---and he is on the outside of the globe, which is the true reality. It's like we're in a bubble....

When I jokingly asked him once during a channeling session if he finally sees that there's a God now--and that I'm not crazy...he said.."Yes, I see that there's a God, and so much more....."

He said the first place he went to after he died-was kind of like a hospital or resting place. He says a lot of personal things, really, about forgiving my mother (whom I've had some issues with). My brother has a box of my Dad's with his personal momentos and he's always telling me that he wants me to get it back from him.

What I'd like to do next time I have a session is ask him more profound questions rather than just about personal things.

It's important to note that the quality of a channeler is very important. And not everyone who dies is able to communicate so well. I'm not sure why that is, but for example, another close relative doesn't come through a whole lot. But that makes sense to me because she was always sort of quiet in real life. My Dad was the kind of guy who would be motivated to communicate with me. I think he scored a lot of intellectual good karma in his life as my father. He had strong energy.

He said once too, that he was sorry he didn't spend as much time with me as he should have.....

Another interesting note:
One time during one of my readings, this girl came through and I didn't recognize her name right away. But when she described what happened to her, I knew who she was. It my daughter's friend who had died in a car accident the summer before! And to convince me who she was, she described this house we rented once to go skiing many years before when she came with us for a weekend holiday. She described the countertop and kitchen perfectly--even noting that the place still had a dial telephone! She described us outside building a snowman there and using icicles as swords. Unbelievable. She told me details about her accident that I didn't know---and she said right when she died she kept trying to walk home, but she'd get down the street and return right back to her body. After trying this a few times, someone from the other side came to get her, finally. She said she lived after she went through the windshield for a few minutes, and she could see her friend (the driver of the car) try to stand up. She talked about her family and her concern for them...... I was really amazed that she came through and how clear her memories and thoughts were through this channeler.

I guess you could say that I am convinced that there is life after death.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

"Yes, I see that there's a God, and so much more....."

Have you ever talked with your father about who/what god is ( ball of light, person, animal, somehing else ) ?

How does "the other side" look like, are there roads,trees,houses is it another planet, another dimension ?

Is there politics, wars, love, sex ?

Do "the dead ones" know they are dead ?

Do they come back sometime ?

Are there only people from "earth" on the other side, or is there other things from other universes ?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

what is the correct religion? i think about this everyday and feel it is a mixture of Christianity and Islam. It would help a lot if you clear this up for me.

Can you channel God?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the great questions. I will ask each and every one of them next time I see a channeler.

As I said, the first readings were usually just personal stuff being tossed around. I always feel slightly annoyed with myself that I don't ask for the cure for cancer or exactly what heaven looks like---instead we seem to banter on about family stuff. But that's usually what people see a channeler for---confirmation that their loved one is still alive or words exchanged between one another that bring back the relationship.

There are many talented channelers out there, and if the cure for cancer was "allowed" to be discussed, I'm sure it would have by now. I think entities have to be careful about what they say---they can't intefere with personal growth or the lessons any soul must learn on their own. So, I find that the usual conversations are somewhat shallow, to tell you the truth.

In my studies on this subject, it seems relationships can be discussed, cause of death, family stuff.....but you don't usually hear departed souls giving out lottery numbers (although I read once where that did happen) or discussing earthly politics, etc.

But my Dad was a wise man, so I hope to ask more pointed questions next time I see a channeler....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
No I'm not a channeler, so I can't channel God or anyone else.

I don't think there is any "right" religion. The way you live your life on earth is up to you. God is like a parent who watches you and loves you but does not "tell you what to do."

Remember that every act is an act of self-definition. Each decision that you make defines who you are. There is no right or wrong in this matter, only choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Very Intriguing post. Thank you for sharing your story. I am a firm believer in the afterlife and also being able to communicate with it. When I was young, my grandmother made accurate predictions, regarding only our family, through a channeler. The predictions were so accurate it was down right creepy. Anyway, I know this may be a little taboo, due to all of the recent doomsday posts and 2012 hoopla, but could you please ask if he can see anything about our situation here, things to come, or our outcome as a species? Also, I would like to speak with a close friend through a channeler, any suggestions on where one might look for a genuine, "authentic" channeler?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I don't know where to begin.
First, I would say that I am very envious of you having your father until he was 65. You didn't say how old you are, but I lost my father when I was 11. He was 44. He was a good man. I was always told growing up how good he was and I wondered how I could live up to such a standard. As I became a young man, I would search out people who knew him and I would ask what kind of faults he had and I was always told none. I asked one person that question and they said he did have a fault....he was too nice.
I am now 54 and I miss him more than ever. If I could talk to him, I would. I feel that if he could talk to me.....he would.
I'm skeptical. I don't know what the other side knows or how much they know.
I will tell you this, if it is possible, if your father will tell you my Dad's middle and last name, it will change my life. His first name is Richard.
I don't know if what you are experiencing is true, but I do know that you were extremely blessed to have had your father so long. I would give two of my limbs to have traded places with you. I hope you know how blessed you were.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Aw Seashrink.

I'm sorry you lost your Dad when you were so young. I know what a hole in your heart that can leave; my husband's mother died when he was 14 and his whole life he has missed her deeply. And I know how lucky I am to have had my Dad for as long as I did, but I miss him everyday.

Don't be skeptical. Truly, what I have written is true. There is no way these channeler's could have known any of this. Lots of people come through in my readings--not just my Dad. My best friend (who died of breast cancer recently) always comes through with her glass of wine.

I think you should contact a channeler. Some are not expensive--while the more well-known ones can be pricey. But it's worth the money. It really is.

PM me for all of those who would like to discuss this more----how to find a channeler. It's not something you can usually find in a phone book. The Internet can be an okay source, but word of mouth is better.....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yep ive a few questions allright...to say the least....
Id be satisfied with the answer to just one though.....
What is the meaning of life?

And if you tell me life is like a beanstalk...im otta here........

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Very inspiring S + F

You're very lucky, Your father seems so strongly spirited that he comes back time and time again which as you may know is rare in these cases. My Father died when i was young but i can't say what it was like for me as i never had any relationship with him so i never felt the pain of loss as you did. When my grandfather died my mum went to see a medium and my father came through and spoke to her he asked that i visit his grave and forgive him and give him closure, That was one year ago and i have never visited, After reading this i am inspired to do so and also to go to a medium with my mum and hope for a result.

Thank you for this beautiful post my friend. Peace be with you, your family and your father always.

Chris.

top topics

join