It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any time you have a spiritual experience, that you should not share with others?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
almost never HighlyOriginal, ....

almost never should you share these experiences, ... they are highly personal, ... and you said it yourself, ... people must see it for themselves to believe it.

Unfortunately every person alive thinks they are at the pinnacle of human knowledge, ... so they believe if they havent experienced it than it must not be possible, ..... hell, most people can't even see past their own hands.

Let them live their illusion, I say. What does it matter ??

Let them call you crazy, I think they are the crazy ones driving themselves into the ground as they persue these worldly possessions. They think they are their bank account, or the car they drive, or the body they wear.

I've been out of body exploring for years, but realized most people have absoloutely no references to relate to this...... so I only share when there is a fellow explorer or true seeker.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
If I knew I had information that would change the perspective of everyone and unite us all in love and light, trust me I would share it in an instant. However, I am unsure of how to share an experience that I am still learning from myself.

You cannot help others but give them hints how to come to their own conclusions. They have to work for it themselves. If they don't - it's their and only their problem! You will just fight egos (and it is meant that it works this way!). You will be ridiculed to the extreme. It's part of the game. Because it is a personal game and you are not here to solve it for others. The only good way to help others is to give them hints if they have specific questions if they ask you for it.

You should only share and compare your full experiences at a place where others on about the "same level" come together. ATS is great for research but not such a place.

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

almost never HighlyOriginal, ....

almost never should you share these experiences, ... they are highly personal, ... and you said it yourself, ... people must see it for themselves to believe it.

Unfortunately every person alive thinks they are at the pinnacle of human knowledge, ... so they believe if they havent experienced it than it must not be possible, ..... hell, most people can't even see past their own hands.

Let them live their illusion, I say. What does it matter ??

Let them call you crazy, I think they are the crazy ones driving themselves into the ground as they persue these worldly possessions. They think they are their bank account, or the car they drive, or the body they wear.

I've been out of body exploring for years, but realized most people have absoloutely no references to relate to this...... so I only share when there is a fellow explorer or true seeker.

I agree with a lot of what you just said - my only issue is that we can't allow everyone to continue seeing such illusions - we need to 'shove' people in the right direction using generalities. My shared experience I just had (the one which is the topic of this thread) was shared because I gave my friend insight and he found he way to where I was [once again to an extent].

While we were both experiencing this shared experience there were things I was able to do/see that he could not, but for the most part we shared almost everything which in itself was truly amazing.

reply to post by Deckard666

I wish there was a group of people I could share with, I wish there was a place I knew I was able to be open and know that people were on the same level... but where do you find such a place?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Your life experiences are yours alone, if you consider these experiences to be very valuable, treat them as such and don't just go sharing them with everyone you meet. Imagine the experience as a bar of gold. If you share it with 100 people who don't know very well, they will each get just a little nugget, not much use will be able to made of it, and your experience will be diminished.

If you share your experience with just a select few, who know and appreciate you...that bar of gold can have some real worth, and some real reciprocation.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Your life experiences are yours alone, if you consider these experiences to be very valuable, treat them as such and don't just go sharing them with everyone you meet. Imagine the experience as a bar of gold. If you share it with 100 people who don't know very well, they will each get just a little nugget, not much use will be able to made of it, and your experience will be diminished.

If you share your experience with just a select few, who know and appreciate you...that bar of gold can have some real worth, and some real reciprocation.

This is nonsense.

Why would the experience be diminished?

Look at it this way from your twisted analogy: They invest the gold, start their own business and prosper.

Lets put a reality twist on this - Information is priceless and perpetual, a good idea is an infinite source we can always come back to, such as the notion of purifying our drinking water, this is a great idea, sharing this information doesnt make it less of a good idea.

Living appropriately in accordance with learned wisdom is a good idea. It will never be less of a good idea, until we stop hearing about it, until people stop sharing it.

We have been in a constant loop of forgetting and remembering since the beginning of time and those of us who remember even a sliver of this absolute truth have a responsibility to balance the formula.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think it depends on the circumstances. For example, when I was 5 I was visited by someone and I'm pretty sure that someone was what we call a grey... only he looked pretty white to me, but it was kinda dim. I have always remembered this event but kind of pushed it to the back of my mind kind of telling myself it was a spirit or something that i could comprehend a little better and when people would bring up aliens something would start happening in my brain and I would want to change the subject especially if I was alone talking to people online.
Basically i'd start feeling a tad hysterical and like something was in the room with me.

I recently realized that a lot of other weird stuff including other sightings but not of aliens in the flesh... were, duh, perhaps connected. all of the sudden my little pea brain was able to handle the big idea "hey, maybe this is important"... then all sorts of thoughts starting falling like rain. I began searching for answers and wanted to tell people of all the things I have seen and experienced.

However, it has occurred to me a few times that perhaps this individual might not want me advertising the sneaky nature of his modus operandi because without the full story, some might easily jump to the conclusion that he was up to no good... not to mention- what, exactly, is the definition of good?
Personally I would much prefer to figure all this out with said individual but can't say I am so brave that I would completely throw caution to the wind (and I really only say that so if he does come again to visit but turns out that it's only to snatch my heart out and run off with my soul, I won't look like such a fool for inviting him)... but, I've not heard a peep nor seen any inkling that this is about to happen so I still feel compelled to run around telling people about it to see if anyone has had similar experiences or what it could mean or if my random pondering about these things are madness or pure stupidity. I mean, it's not exactly as if he told me not to say anything *shrugs* Perhaps somehow I was supposed to make this determination on my own.

I do know one thing. I tried talking to a lady about this who is supposed to be long time UFO/Alien experiencer and she assured me she could help me figure these things out... promised actually and asked me a few questions and said she was going to speak to her friends and I never heard from her again. I know one thing, the messages that she claims to have been given by Aliens must not be as important as the prelude to her book makes it sound if it costs 25 duckets per head that wishes to absorb it, plus shipping.

I would do some soul searching I guess. Perhaps you are more patient than me. Does it feel like a secret?
edit on 17-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You're opening yourself to be exploited and possibly used. And from personal experience, yes like someone else said... something like this is very personal and usually can't be shared with anyone.... tends to end very badly with people who don't know... and usually something not talked about among people who do..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherCLou
You're opening yourself to be exploited and possibly used. And from personal experience, yes like someone else said... something like this is very personal and usually can't be shared with anyone.... tends to end very badly with people who don't know... and usually something not talked about among people who do..

You don't think it's kind of circumstantial? I mean, without knowing what it is in full... how can you be sure to give such advice. What if sharing it is actually the best possible thing to do? There could be all sorts of outcomes... all depends on what it is, right? Sure, there are a lot of things to consider. I have even considered that telling someone about my own experiences and falling on the wrong persons ears who think "oh wow, how strange"... and then it winds up in a book to add more to their content, which would really piss me off because similar things have actually happened to me but not concerning UFOs... but by someone *very much into* UFOs and Aliens I must say, lol.

... but still, maybe it is something *to be shared*...not that I am trying to talk anyone into anything. I'm saying they have the best tools to sit and contemplate it because they are aware of the content.

... and it just occurred to me how disgruntled I should be because I was having all sorts of dreams and know I am still dreaming but can't quite locate them in the last few days. Why do I feel like they were interesting? That is annoying.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

i can tell you that as a former student of a few traditional shamans, that there are many times when you would not share a dream or vision. there are also many times when you would want to dance the "spiritual event" with the whole community. more often, there are times when you would not share the event, until after you have "digested it", or come into unity with its Power. THEN days or even years later, you would be ready to dance your dream/vision with the community.

look at it this way... if a truly "spiritual" event occurs in your personal psyche and/or life, then it will be transformative, right? it will change you. the idea the shamans were working under is that, if you have a vision, it is like a small seed of spiritual power within you, complete with the spiritual-DNA-coding to unfold into a great tree within your inner-life. the reason you do not share some visions/dreams is because first you must digest the power of that seed and let it grow within you. sometimes, to put a seed of your inner-self on public display where any nasty slob can crush it in a single step before it grows strong within you, is not the best way to support a spiritual experience.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

I disagree. The entire purpose of the spiritual experience is to realize there is no one to share anything with.

...or the entire purpose of the spiritual experience is realizing that you share everything with everyone/everything to the point where your ego exists as only a phantom-fragment of a quantum connect with All That Is.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

It's still by it's very nature something not easy to share with others... much less talk to someone about it.

It's an experience, something that cannot be taught or learned.

Also, even though you got some good people out there,
you must remember you got a lot power hungry jerks who wouldn't think twice of using you as a tool to further their agenda...

Let me put it this way...

If you took the time to show someone what this experience was and how to do it,
would they get it?

Most likely not...

And if they did, what would prevent them from perceiving you as a threat to their newly found 'power' that you shared with them?
edit on 17-11-2010 by AnotherCLou because: added content

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmenimu2

i can tell you that as a former student of a few traditional shamans, that there are many times when you would not share a dream or vision. there are also many times when you would want to dance the "spiritual event" with the whole community. more often, there are times when you would not share the event, until after you have "digested it", or come into unity with its Power. THEN days or even years later, you would be ready to dance your dream/vision with the community.

look at it this way... if a truly "spiritual" event occurs in your personal psyche and/or life, then it will be transformative, right? it will change you. the idea the shamans were working under is that, if you have a vision, it is like a small seed of spiritual power within you, complete with the spiritual-DNA-coding to unfold into a great tree within your inner-life. the reason you do not share some visions/dreams is because first you must digest the power of that seed and let it grow within you. sometimes, to put a seed of your inner-self on public display where any nasty slob can crush it in a single step before it grows strong within you, is not the best way to support a spiritual experience.

I was just thinking about it like this...

One thing I thought of though is, is that how you mentioned some 'nasty slob crushing my spiritual experience' that I have to share... well would it not be somewhat cowardly of me not to share it then? What do I have to be afraid of (this is saying that this is the only variable - remember that I said this)? I'm not afraid of someone to question what I know to be true, my experiences, or anything else I have to share - skepticism is how I got where I am now. If I just accepted everything I was told, read, heard etc. I would be a complete mess and never find the truth.

I question every new thing I learn, then I start the process over and over until that 'seed' is allowed to grow. Why let something grow before knowing that it will not infect all the other seedlings around it?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

There is nothing to fear, just stand in your power and speak/write when passion leads you to do so.

The end result is and always will be perfect.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Originally posted by urmenimu2

I question every new thing I learn, then I start the process over and over until that 'seed' is allowed to grow. Why let something grow before knowing that it will not infect all the other seedlings around it?

again, in a shamanic sense, if u suspect that the experience was potentially harmful, then it was not likely a dream or vision that would need to be incubated. such experiences are undeniably sacred, not infectious.

the analogy of the seed is valid if you think outside abstractions. why is a baby not allowed to cross a road by itself, but an adult is? should the baby "test" itself against the road? why is a seed vulnerable to a careless-footstep, but a tree can withstand a huge storm? in shamanism, abstractions are not powerful. analogies are not Power. certain dreams and visions contain Power, from All That Is, specifically for that individual. It is possible that Power will grow vigorously, or not at all. and that is where the path of a warrior begins. but not until the day they get their Power/vision/etc. If your dream/experience has Power, then a warrior must choose: dance the Power now, or later. look at it this way: a soldier goes to war. does he prove he is a man by jumping right in with his fists, to prove he questions himself? or does a warrior train himself and arm himself with weapons over time to face battle. in that sense, Power, like war, is not an abstraction or a less-than-serious test, it is deadly serious, and will determine how a warrior lives, and how and when a warrior dies.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherCLou
reply to post by ChaosMagician

It's still by it's very nature something not easy to share with others... much less talk to someone about it.

It's an experience, something that cannot be taught or learned.

Also, even though you got some good people out there,
you must remember you got a lot power hungry jerks who wouldn't think twice of using you as a tool to further their agenda...

Let me put it this way...

If you took the time to show someone what this experience was and how to do it,
would they get it?

Most likely not...

And if they did, what would prevent them from perceiving you as a threat to their newly found 'power' that you shared with them?
edit on 17-11-2010 by AnotherCLou because: added content

I never claimed it was easy. I never said you should always share either.

...but does that mean you should completely and exclusively instill fear into the person inquiring as though your answer is absolute and indisputable? I think within that notion itself there is more to fear.
edit on 18-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
what exactly happened? (u can u2u me if u want). If what happened to you is what i think happened to you, then i can tell you that the same thing happened to me in june, and i felt exactly the same way, i just wanted to tell somebody about it...i tried talking to my parent but they were too involved in their own lives too even talk to me (unless it was about themselves)....so i just left it...i still haven't sed anything, i find its a lot easier to talk to a random strangers than it is my own family. XDD

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

They sounds pretty self centered..

I'll send a u2u.. thanks
edit on 20-11-2010 by AnotherCLou because: it was edited

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I never claimed it was easy. I never said you should always share either.

...but does that mean you should completely and exclusively instill fear into the person inquiring as though your answer is absolute and indisputable? I think within that notion itself there is more to fear.

No just means like everything else in life, just got to be smart about it, that's all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join