It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any time you have a spiritual experience, that you should not share with others?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Well, as one previous poster pointed out, all knowledge of spiritual kind is most likely subjective.

I suppose as long as your subjective experiences are in harmony with your beliefs of what truth is, no one can convience you otherwise if you have any confidence in yourself. And I agree with you that all knowledge of this kind needs to be acquired solely by oneself. I also kinda agree that this kind of experiences, since they are subjective, needs no sharing, especially if you feel they may be perceived as madness. Sometimes we can even harm others, especially if we lead them astray of their own paths...

-v

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

This isnt about spiritual powers or being better then others, this isnt about your ego and feeling special.

The entire purpose of the spiritual experience is to go there, come back and share with humanity the wisdom gained in doing so.

The prophets and Jesus' are meant to appear frequently, over and over, until the truth is known.

Dont let a skeptic hold back a message that could change the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by v01i0

This isnt about spiritual powers or being better then others, this isnt about your ego and feeling special.

The entire purpose of the spiritual experience is to go there, come back and share with humanity the wisdom gained in doing so.

The prophets and Jesus' are meant to appear frequently, over and over, until the truth is known.

Dont let a skeptic hold back a message that could change the world.

I'm not allowing a skeptic hold me back, I believe I can share my story using general terms but if I go into [specific] details then I am not following what I believe in.

You either are on the same level and are able to understand what I have to say as truth, or are not ready yet - It's not an ego issue, it's about protecting the truth from those who may use it for bad - that was what was overwhelming the most about what I learned, knowing I have to protect my core values and not allow anything to get to me and use what knowledge I have to gain an unfair advantage over others.

I believe some of the people in the world work together and share this information in groups who may be using it to ruin our world, but hopefully those of love & light can step up together and change the outcomes that may end badly for us all.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
all the knowledge you don't share goes to waste. I rea dthat on a book some days ago and I believe it's true. Still, there are certain spiritual experiences that I wouldn't tell even to my mom (the only person I trust 100%). Hopefully, those spiritual experiences where communitary, and I have 2 more people who I can talk about what happened, because we shared everything that time. Still, almost everything that happens in my life never leaves my inner friends circle (composed by... 4 people). One just believes in what's real, the other haves it's doubts but he believes in me even if I tell him that tomorrow an asteroid will hit the earth, and the other two are my partners on this path of life so we can share openly what happens to each other (well, one of them is more retiscent to do it, because is a little bit more experienced than us, he could be my father).
My spiritual life and my common life are as two different entities, and I like to keep them separated. The average people who knows me only thinks I'm nuts for fashion, some musicians and Green Lantern, just this few people and the members of ATS I consideer my friends have the privilege of listen what happens to the other "me", that appears here time to time anyway.

Why I decided to do this? because if I wasn't doing it, I'll be in a sanatory. Chilean people is very narrow minded, seriously.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I wanted to post the similar thread too.
You can't share your spiritual experiences to just any body. First, I would not share or even mention about my meditation progress on my facebook. That's because I have a facebook friend who so happened to be an over eager new age religion worshiper. You couldn't imagine what may happen if he knew I have experienced the rise of Kundalini and recently gone through my second one. His overly enthusiasm and the lack of depth in this matter may actually do me harm. If I then begin to ignore him he may think he isn't good enough for enlightenment. I would rather not to update my spiritual progress.

Next, I would avoid share your experiences with people who are clueless. If you are in need of affirmation and this person didn't understand your concern, you will feel lost. Perhaps even hatred if you eventually are able to sort things out. I had similar experience back in college. I experienced the rise of Kundalini when I was 18. I wrote about it in my essay, for a Spirituality class. Get this, I am attending a spirituality class and this professor didn't know what I was experiencing. Back then, I didn't know what I was going through. Fortunately, the will and consciousness of the Kundalini energy is self propelled and self willing. It will follow its course regardless if one consciously or not consciously becomes aware of it. It would help me certainly if I was told when I was going through. I felt hatred and anger towards this professor. I felt this professor was trying to deny this knowledge to me. Of course, the Kundalini energy isn't knowledge. Is an experience....
That she couldn't deny.

Of course, I won't share my experiences if my intention is to boost my ego. Of course, the intention of the experiences isn't about boosting your ego, but helping you to find your purpose in life. Trying to figure out what is your life heading.

Don't share your experiences with people who are clueless. You could only if you already have a strong enough self identity to withstand the onslaught of ignorance.....
edit on 14-11-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I agree with this, as humanity is in desperate need of solutions and insight, so as to bring about a collective shift in our awareness, away from all the junk stuff and towards the light of reason informed by spirit.

That said, when you really hit the nail on the head, or "ring the bell", I have found that you tend to come under attack, both from "dark" people who hate the light, as well as spiritual forces ie: if I pray really hard and well before bedtime, sometimes I experience nightmares, which is strange, and then on another occasion, it will be all peace and light, as if I'm in some sort of protective shield. it's almost like there's some sort of devilish entity on a leash, who is permitted to come after us at times, to test our spiritual advancement, and at others, prohibited from coming near, to display a greater power and to glorify the one who wields it ie: "you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies".

So if the OP has something to share, help to prepare a table for us if you can, even if in the presence of enemies.

Then again, there is the old addage that it is wise not to throw our pearls before swine or they may be trambled under foot by wicked men.

It's a tough one.. oobviously, we are all curious as to what you might have to share though..

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The fact of the matter is, is that perspective changes from person to person, so unless all of you were in a room with me experiencing all truth together, you would not understand everything I have to say - in fact some of you would simply just skip what I have to share and say it's nonsense.

It may sound like nonsense to some, but it's because A) their perspective is different than mine & B) everyone has a different susceptibility to everything around them causing their beliefs (a belief is not a truth) to be skewed

The fact of the matter is, is that if I say "Oh, look up in the clouds, don't you see that smiley face?" Your brain will put together what it can using your perspective and you will also most likely see that smiley face.

I am going to share some of my experience, I just need to figure out how to put it in some general terms so that it can be understood by most and hopefully people take something from what to me, was a beautiful experience that has evolved my consciousness even further than it was a week ago.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You can share any spiritual experience you want to with anyone at all without fear.

If it is a genuine experience, no one will be able to understand you unless it is someone who has also had an experience at that level or higher. So, one who isnt ready to know will be not be able to understand. It will just be words, like the talking of Charlie Browns parents.

Of course there are mundane repercussions to sharing spiritual experiences, such as your friends thinking you have lost it, or simply boring them silly by talking about the bliss of union with the divine while they want to talk about work or something. But you will quickly figure all that out by the reactions you get.

You can rest assured though that your recounting your experience will not damage other souls. Look how widely the teachings of Jesus are disseminated and look how few people understand what the hell he was talking about?

So talk away. Just dont expect to be understood.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
[

I disagree. The entire purpose of the spiritual experience is to realize there is no one to share anything with.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
One of the strongest experiences to date, is a chance encounter, then some really good sex later on. Kind of embarrassing to share something like that in person lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

So you believe I can share any experience without consequence...

And you believe the spiritual experience should make you realize that there is no one to share your experiences with...

I disagree with both of you, there has to be some sort of common ground. If we were not to share anything with anyone we would not give those who need that 'shove' in the right direction any help and things would just fall apart.

However, to prove beyond believe that something is a true is to push someone into an experience they are not ready for, and yes it's possible if done over and over again I would assume, but then you are just creating someone in your perspective, not their own and that would just be... well evil in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I hope that you will sharew your experience with us all although I know you have said that you are waiting for the right time to disclose it to everyone. I can only speculate as to what your experience was, but maybe it is close to mine. During meditation a few months ago I visualized myself ascending a beam of light and at the top was an infinite space of the brightest white light I had ever experienced and I had this overwhelming feeling of love and being home or somewhere I belong. It didn't last long, but afterwards I felt a sense of connection to everyone and felt that I had my eyes opened. Yo can read it in my thread if you wish. abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I find it hard to share something one cannot fully verbalize.
For example, last morning I had the radio on softly while sleeping.
It played this song called something like: "Every single time, you step in my room".
I suddenly felt a very evil presence.
I was trying to wake up, and I could see outside my room and angles inside.
I was so frightened and wanted to see where the threat was, but it was just this terrifying, invisible force everywhere.
For a moment I couldn't tell whether I was awake or asleep.
When I woke up it was gone.
But that song still haunts me.
I don't think I could share that really, but luckily that is a very isolated experience.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If i were the OP i would ask my self a few questions.

Is fear a healthy emotion?
Do you believe all is energy?
Do you believe emotions can be measured by there frequency?
Is it the Ego that tells the self it is in some way special?
If the Ego is creating the "special""people wouldn't understand" voice in the head. does that sound of enlightenment or Fear?

Just a few questions that came to mind when I read this thread. I am not being critical, I just come from the realization that the only thing to fear is fear it's self.

You may be surprised once you share, what great insights others may have. Silence is fear in my book and we all suffer from it. I know what it is like sharing what to me are amazing insights with uninterested family and friends.

The thing is I would still speak my mind and today a lot of those very conversations that were considered crazy are today considered normal. All it takes is planting that seed in a closed mind, once you hear the truth you can never un-hear it. You may just be ahead of the curve!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

There is definetly times you shouldnt share things with certain people, you can really harm their progress in some cases.

The intellect 'mind' cant claculate when or not to do this though, there are too many unknown variables, use the heart and the decision will be correct. Others on forum cant decide for you, and incarnate mind cant be relied upon to make correct decision for such matter.

Perhaps you could encode it in metaphor like many great teachers do, that way putting it out there in a way in which only for those ready will 'hear' real message. Ask to be shown best metaphor in meditation if mind struggles.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh well that's really cool you experienced an amazing thing us mere mortals aren't ready to know about and you're also protecting the truth from the evil beings that might take advantage from it, but you are willing to share it with all the other similar enlightened beings in private because you're all above the spiritual level of the average human.

Yep. I think you just don't like people questioning your beliefs/experiences. How can you become a truly enlightened being if you aren't willing to do it?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

There is the great ocean of consciousness of which we are all a part of - Here we are having our own individual experience for a purpose beyond our understanding.

When I look over at a man who is suffering, That is me who is suffering, his pain is my pain, his death is my death. His fear is my fear.

If I can take what I know and gently remind him (Myself) that everything is okay, not only have I just turned the tide in his life and my own, but it will ripple outward into every other individual experience he encounters.

We dont have a right to tell people what to do, what to think or to even repeat our opinion more then once.

But we have a responsibility to the human race and that responsibility is to share with humble origins the knowing of what lies within and beyond the great forest so that our brothers and sisters will prosper in life.

A man once turned to me as I walked along a rocky beach "Tides coming in, Son, Wouldnt recommend that hike til the afternoon unless you want to get pounded by the sea"

Why did he share this wisdom with me? What rose up in this man and made him speak from his heart out of concern for a complete stranger?

Some principles for us to think about, as students of the great mystery.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slih_09
Oh well that's really cool you experienced an amazing thing us mere mortals aren't ready to know about and you're also protecting the truth from the evil beings that might take advantage from it, but you are willing to share it with all the other similar enlightened beings in private because you're all above the spiritual level of the average human.

Yep. I think you just don't like people questioning your beliefs/experiences. How can you become a truly enlightened being if you aren't willing to do it?

Is depending on the temperament of the individual, in this case, the messenger. As far as I know, people who are receiving this special gifts from the spirit world aren't always considered the most desirable citizen to begin with. They are often seeing the world from the above, from the outside. Some aren't much liked by the world. Others could be hated by the world at the beginning. Others were even misunderstood by the world. When this person receives this special gift from the spirit world through his or her own hard work of disciplined mind, it is natural that he or she won't just share the experience with anyone....unless this special message is intended to be shared. Even so, you have to speak to the right individuals that could carry out this change. For instance, if you have a vision about the state of the economy of this country and the means to prevent some disasters, you must be able to convey this message to the president or the congress. You can't just blog about it.

Strangely, enlightenment is often obtained when one is able to separate one's consciousness (for a prolonged period of time) from the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I would love to hear your experiences and I can offer any insight that I may be privledged to give. I myself have had experiences that might be of interest to you. Feel free to contact me if you would like.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slih_09

I have no problem with people question what I believe to know as true - go read my other threads from the Metaphysics forums and post in those if you wish.

The last thing I want anyone to think is that I am trying to get an ego boost here. I simply asked a question and expected some answers to help me decide on what to do. I was hoping I'd find my answer from within while reading the responses, and so far I sort of have; although I'm not fully sure yet.

If I knew I had information that would change the perspective of everyone and unite us all in love and light, trust me I would share it in an instant. However, I am unsure of how to share an experience that I am still learning from myself.

I have wrote up some of the information and will put it together when I feel the time is right. It may be tonight, or it may be in a month I don't know. Probably sooner than later though.
edit on 11/16/2010 by highlyoriginal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join