It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyline an INSULT to Us Military!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok, I was so disgusted at how the US Military was depicted it left me really pissed off. Without giving it away I'll just say that they show a small handful of ragtag, scared and cowardly, GIs shooting up some metal aliens out in the open...as if...

One payload is sent off and when it fails, they give up and just hang out in the open getting picked off one by one.

A couple of squadrons are sent out to LA, and are shooting conventional weapons with no hope of ever getting the job done.

Really they made the Military look like spineless pansies.

It was a disgrace.

LA would have been Nuked after all the people were dead or the majority.

Thats all I will say for this thread, but I never wished I had a band of fellow ATSers with me than tonight.

I SWEAR they stole some of the basic concepts from our forum, and then destroyed what was potentially a fantastic FX movie with low budget acting and a extremely predictable story plot. I think what happened was that they had some really imaginative sci-fi conceptionists initially, but the writers wrecked it.

It was trash.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

All I've seen is a few previews of the movie but...

I know that rollover ad at the top of every other page is about as annoying as a case of crablice.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Take a look at the trailer for the film "Battle:Los Angeles". Now this is going to be some film! Much better than that Skyline trash.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I thought Skyline looked great when I first saw the trailer so I won't get my hopes up for this one.
How will we get out of that pickle? Maybe Green Lantern will save us..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Hopefully it turns out pretty good.
2nd

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Same thing could be said for ID4 really, if you remember. (and then, the nuke didn't work)... To be fair though, today's military can fire missiles from a LOT farther away too, especially at such large objects, and not be in harm's way so much from direct firing weapons, but wouldn't be too interesting of a movie.

I still want to see it, but I'm not expecting much.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Funny thing was that my 95 yro Grandpa said "Well, it was probably put out by the Chinese" Now he's not a real bigoted type but see's trouble on the horizon with China and see's the propaganda in full swing.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
After watching it I believe it is an insult to many things...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i was going to go see skyline, but after reading so many reviews on how bad it was, i didn't even want to waste the 20 bucks it would take in ticketprice and refreshmnets to see it.
but let me ask a question...why would an alien force even try and come in with individual craft, to kill and destroy? they would simply set out in space and fire down some million megaton device to LA and take out a hundred square miles in all directions. or...they might have a weapon that is a pure electrical frequency generated device that precisely and simply explodes human cells, and leaves everything else intact.
our movies are antiquated in their ideas, still trying to fit into the cold war model of the last century.
actually, i think aliens have been here repopulating the earth for decades with genetically engineered hybrids. taking over the earth is being done quietly and discreetly, and there is nothing we can do about it.....maybe that's the BIG SECRET.
edit on 20-11-2010 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

In the movie they wanted the humans intact. I would recommend renting the DVD when it comes out but yes save your money for a much better movie.

new topics

top topics

join