It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences if the Second American Revolution/Civil war occured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If the the second american civil war really happened there would be alot of drastic consquences to the world.
Without the US as a Deterrent The Russians, Chinese, North Korea and Iranians will be free to do what they want since we are distracted by killing each other. The Russians will invade Eastern Europe and Alaska, while China would have invaded Taiwan and head further South Until they invaded Australia. Noth Korea would invade South Korea and Japan while Iran would attack the Saudi Arabia and destroy their oil fields. Another fallout is that Israel would have been invaded by an Islamic Army since the West is no longer there to support Israel. So the question is should we really start a civil war/revolution because Alot more people will die in the world if we ended up fighting the Second American Civil war

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Another consequence of this is that there won't just be fighting amongst U.S. citizens...other countries will come and try to join the fight and will support the side that is most sympathetic towards their causes in order to have them on their side.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Those are some strategic possibilities, but have you thought of the possibility that they might actually
hold fast? The reason being, a "cheap shot' or 'kicked when you are down'' could result in the overreaction
of the offended to move to larger hardware and even "cheaper shots". You do not want to even begin to go
down that road. We don't spend more on military capability than ALL the other next nine or so countries in the world combined
for nothing. Even if a giant percentage of that is waste,kickbacks,fraud,cooked books, and unaccounted for,
(which with all due respect to my country,really pixxes me off especially in this economic climate,) that is a
serious force to be reckoned with. One of the possible results would be the offending parties waking up one
day soon only to realize they have had an involuntary sex change, or at least thoroughly Believing such, if you catch my drift.
Another possible result could be "bring out your dead" . There are a myriad of solutions in between....
Waiting to be plotted. Kinda scary wouldn't you say? Alaska,,,You Really don't want to mess with that.
I've been there,,,most folks are military connected, well armed, and Patriotic in their own way.

I like your open thoughts,,, but a scenario like that would make "Water Boarding" look like a weekend sport.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
If the the second american civil war really happened there would be alot of drastic consquences to the world.
Without the US as a Deterrent The Russians, Chinese, North Korea and Iranians will be free to do what they want since we are distracted by killing each other. The Russians will invade Eastern Europe and Alaska, while China would have invaded Taiwan and head further South Until they invaded Australia. Noth Korea would invade South Korea and Japan while Iran would attack the Saudi Arabia and destroy their oil fields. Another fallout is that Israel would have been invaded by an Islamic Army since the West is no longer there to support Israel. So the question is should we really start a civil war/revolution because Alot more people will die in the world if we ended up fighting the Second American Civil war

I think you got it all wrong.

Without the US military around to conduct the dirty business of the world elite we might just see peace on earth for a change. Imagine a world free of CIA coups and meddling.

Israel would have to be nice to the Palestinians for a change and halt all of their illegal settlements (imagine that). Hell, they might even have to cede all of their land grabs and start acting like good kids for a change.

Russia don't want a piece of Europe to begin with. Who told you that? Ronald Reagan? Russia is fine with Russia.

And I truly doubt that it is the USA who is keeping China from taking Taiwon if they want it. We'd never risk a full blown war with them these days over that small patch of land to begin with.

Iran wouldn't attack anyone. They would develope their nuclear energy and waltz right into a modern energy grid for their people. .Boo Hoo. And if they developed a nuke or two then that would be their own business (much like it was for the USA and Israel) unless they used it. But past history proves that they are not bellicose nor land grab happy like some other countries we know.

If the USA is anything to the world these days it is a destabilizing element. A rogue nation. Not a factor for stability.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

You typed everything I was thinking, I was just too lazy to type. thanks alot, you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

I think you got it all wrong.

Without the US military around to conduct the dirty business of the world elite we might just see peace on earth for a change. Imagine a world free of CIA coups and meddling.

Israel would have to be nice to the Palestinians for a change and halt all of their illegal settlements (imagine that). Hell, they might even have to cede all of their land grabs and start acting like good kids for a change.

Russia don't want a piece of Europe to begin with. Who told you that? Ronald Reagan? Russia is fine with Russia.

And I truly doubt that it is the USA who is keeping China from taking Taiwon if they want it. We'd never risk a full blown war with them these days over that small patch of land to begin with.

Iran wouldn't attack anyone. They would develope their nuclear energy and waltz right into a modern energy grid for their people. .Boo Hoo. And if they developed a nuke or two then that would be their own business (much like it was for the USA and Israel) unless they used it. But past history proves that they are not bellicose nor land grab happy like some other countries we know.

If the USA is anything to the world these days it is a destabilizing element. A rogue nation. Not a factor for stability.

If you honestly for a moment believe a single word you have posted, I suggest you leave that little tiny itty bitty bubble you live in, and join the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Now that is another scenario that is just as valid. Thanks for sharing that. Even though I may differ.

It would be Sweeeeeeet! if that were true, but we both know that it is a lot more complicated than that.

The worlds leaders are of the mold that take Extreme risks for personal gain if given the opportunity.

That is part of the reason they are world leaders in the first place. Never forget, that there are those on the

sidelines as well, just waiting for the opportunity to arise. Truly a Delicate matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Those are some strategic possibilities, but have you thought of the possibility that they might actually
hold fast? The reason being, a "cheap shot' or 'kicked when you are down'' could result in the overreaction
of the offended to move to larger hardware and even "cheaper shots". You do not want to even begin to go
down that road. We don't spend more on military capability than ALL the other next nine or so countries in the world combined
for nothing. Even if a giant percentage of that is waste,kickbacks,fraud,cooked books, and unaccounted for,
(which with all due respect to my country,really pixxes me off especially in this economic climate,) that is a
serious force to be reckoned with. One of the possible results would be the offending parties waking up one
day soon only to realize they have had an involuntary sex change, or at least thoroughly Believing such, if you catch my drift.
Another possible result could be "bring out your dead" . There are a myriad of solutions in between....
Waiting to be plotted. Kinda scary wouldn't you say? Alaska,,,You Really don't want to mess with that.
I've been there,,,most folks are military connected, well armed, and Patriotic in their own way.

I like your open thoughts,,, but a scenario like that would make "Water Boarding" look like a weekend sport.

I agree with what you are saying, however, if you have a country divided, then more than likely not only will the soldiers be divded, but so would the hardware/military capability of the country. Combine that with 2 or 3 countries that are sympathetic to a cause, along with 2 or 3 that are sympathetic to the other side and it looks like war would be coming to America.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Must agree with your post more than the opposing view. The USA for decades has been promoting and supporting coups, destabilizing the Middle East, Africa and South America. So few people take the time to read and understand their world history.

China does not invade other Nations, for the last 4000 years it has promoted and supported trade and commerce with India, Indonesia, Africa, middle east and Nordic Nations.

The people of Taiwan overwhelmingly desire unification, over 70%...it is governments that desire acrimony and dissent....weapon sales to Taiwan total Billions per year for US defense Industry, which contribute heavily to the US political system, which destabilizes the east in order to generate weapon sales...It is a vicious circle.

Russia and Iran could care less about the USA, trade is shifting to Asia and Eastern Europe as USA is slowly spiraling downward mired in economic disaster....the USA has brought this upon themselves by playing geopolitical brinkmanship since WW2 instead of building trade and relationship....now the chickens have come home to roost.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Too many red-blooded Americans with guns and ammo, it'll never happen.

Too many US soldiers unwilling to fire on US citizens.

The US Govt would have to bring in UN Troops, and Chinese, and Russian. I doubt those countries are willing to lose millions of troops...

Military Coup is the only way the crooks in DC will ever be ousted, but that option won't be good for the common man either.

top topics

join