It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these flames from at the Radioactive Waste Management Site on the NTS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Quit a while back I had found these wierd flames on Google Earth and had not seen anything on ATS about it. This location is in Area 5 of the NTS and it is the Radioactive Waste Management Site. In the picture provided you can see what looks like flames shooting out of the containers. The other pictures are from an earlier date and it shows the site without the wierd flames. I am wondering what the members of ATS think about this. What is happening in the pics provided? Are they burning radioactive waste? Or is something else going on?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c552aadad728.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a995724b9be.jpg[/atsimg]

Area 5 RWMS
NTS info

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Looks more like they spilled something. Do you know how gigantic those flames would be if that was a fire?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would imagine it would depend on what they were burning and how much of it as to the size of the flames it would produce.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'd look for smoke if something were burning.

A.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Very true about the smoke. I only said flames because thats what they first struck me as when I saw them. I am just wondering what is going on here.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
whats more interesting to me is that they are burying everything they are building under ground...

but IMO it looks like some sort of spill... and it looks like flames from vehicles coming/going near the containers?

that would be my guess

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think it is just the lighter coloured dirt from them buring the containers
spilt over the front containers.

The flames are the same colour as the fresh dirt behind the front containers
edit on 11-11-2010 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but those are not flames.

It looks like something was spilled and they made an attempt to clean it up.

If there were flames, there would be noticeable smoke, as in the image below which features a view of a forest fire from the air.

Probe

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
the flames or smoke do not cast any shadows. must be spill.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So then if this is a spill then it must be of some kind of hazardous material and that can't be good. I know that Area 51 has had a bad track record of proper disposal of hazardous materials and this makes me wonder if they are maintaning safe storage of these materials at the RWMS.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've been there a few times. It was on the tour. I saw no evidence of burning.

These people play by the book. I doubt anyone would do open burning. They are so cautious that the tour bus is inspected for radioactivity.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

What am I looking for here?

Is it the lighter shapes in the top picture, top right? Or is there something else I'm missing?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If this is a spill, of what I would guess is a hazardous material, then it would look like they have not been being so cautious. Yes davespanners I am talking about the top pic, in the top right it looks like something coming out of the containers. I am not sure if it is from some kind of spill but I don't think its just dirt being moved from stacking the containers as someone else said.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

To me the flame shapes look like their exactly the same colour as the sand that is stacked up behind the containers and the other sand in the general area

In fact if you cut the flames out in photo shop and move them a bit to the right they blend in almost exactly to the surrounding sand.
So I think it's sand

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aac78b55285c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The color is very similar but on each side of the flame shapes, directly in front of the containers it looks very orange in color unlike the sand around it. Thanks for the cut-out photoshop pic though

top topics

join