It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another volcanoe possibly erupting in Iceland !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
LINK TO INFO

LINK TO IMAGERY

The RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service has a post indicating that yet ANOTHER volcano is erupting in Iceland. Info to follow!

One visitor of the RSOE EDIS - Martijn Eijbersen from Rotterdam - observed a geological activity on a NASA satellite RAPID FIRE system's photograph on 10/11/2010. We're waiting for confirmation currently, which confirms the possibility of volcanic eruption. A NASA systems satellite image link and the photo is attached.

Thing are really getting interesting 63 earthquakes in Yellowstone New Zealand picking up, Indonesia still rumbling, missiles flying all over the place and debt debt and more debt!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Mid atlantic rift playing up big time with iceland?!?!.....Fingers crossed Katla doesn't blow or little old us in the UK won;t be very happy campers

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2fe4a98db36.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74fe407f23bb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Things have certainly been extremely active here lately! Even though most prophecies have fizzled out, there seems to be some sort of "energy" at work. We are deffinately living in an interesting time to say the least.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There's a theory that the LHC is releasing Strangelets that are sinking to the core of the Earth as a sort of seed and the seed is collecting (eating) material from the core, and this growing black hole is putting stress to our magma stores and it will get worse until 2011-2012 when the Earth finally turns into some sort of strange star.

www.cerntruth.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anyone know how we can find out what's happening with this volcano? I keep checking the below link but it still says its a non-categorized event. Does it normally take so long to categorize something?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmmm any chance this event is happening at Reykjanes ridge? Looks like the same area as shown in below post, and it certainly looks busy with earthquakes:

en.vedur.is...

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2fe4a98db36.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74fe407f23bb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

oh god don't set people off with the doomsday lol,

lets hope thats not the case, doubt it.

the earth is just trying to cool itself down by blowing its roof

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here you can see the 'event epicentre' (you have to click on the google map section):

hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 11-11-2010 by Aelfrede because: added extra information

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Also under the section 'event description' it says:

"One visitor of the RSOE EDIS - Martijn Eijbersen from Rotterdam - observed a geological activity on a NASA satellite RAPID FIRE system's photograph on 10/11/2010. We're waiting for confirmation currently, which confirms the possibility of volcanic eruption. A NASA systems satellite image link and the photo is attached."

Underneith the description you can find a link to the NASA satellite image that shows the red colour of the possible eruption, you can find that link by going here and looking at the section 'event description':

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/613d6fc3b8a1.jpg[/atsimg]

rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is this a known volcano that just decided to wake up unexpectedly or is this a new vent that just opened up?

It's always the ones that you don't see that get you.....

This should also be posted in the Volcano Watch thread.
edit on 11-11-2010 by BillRose because: Who me? No! I didn't do it! YOU can't prove it!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Iceland Meteorological office - Earthquakes Iceland

There might very well be something going on there.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There is nothing going on in Iceland at the moment - of course, that could change at any time. There was though very high wind warning in effect.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lets hope we don't see another eruption, or another air traffic, no flying crisis.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I cant find anything that indicates a eruption in iceland is ongoing. I even cant explain that red dot and smokeplume on the picture?????

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think I would be worrying more about the mountains of debt flying around than imaginary volcanoes from RSOE. And nothing is going on at Yellowstone either. Just another swarm.

Here is a better zoom in

Looks like a fire, but I don't think it looks like a volcano.

No thermal alert is being reported by MODIS
edit on 11/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
According to the pic from Nasa and the icelandic map it must be the Krisuvik volcano?

en.vedur.is...

Here the tremor chart from Krisuvik hraun.vedur.is...

www.volcano.si.edu...
edit on 11-11-2010 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Eh? How do you work that out? Wrong area completely.

If anything it is Helgrindur, but that has not been active in historical memory, and anyway the smoke plume looks like a fire not a volcano.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a38c605013b1.png[/atsimg]

Tell you what though ni91ck your Krisuvik is sitting right on top of that swarm in Reykjanes.
edit on 11/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Ok i tried to figur that out, i'm still only human and i even make mistakes. But i tried??? No i'm not on GLP!
edit on 11-11-2010 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join