It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Just looked on sky news and read this about them missles people have been talking about.

news.sky.com...

Experts believe the mystery missile fired off the Californian coast on Monday may have been an optical illusion.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

So this is the story the media will run now??

Totally ridiculous. Now the Media is telling people, they saw an optical illusion, you might have hallucinated.

This is the most RIDICULOUS explanation i have ever heard.

Do they seriously want us to buy this BS??

All I can do is laugh at the ridiculousness of it all

Vvv

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Me thinks they be saying:
"Lets practices our ways of Bs'n some more. 2010 needs to be spiced up. Now for Xmas bonuses"

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hahahah.. "appears to alter its course" ... So I guess every shuttle launch mission from Cape Canaveral is an illusion as well? It looks strikingly similar to that.. and please, when is the last time you saw a plane with contrails bigger than the plane (not counting stunt planes)? Only after they've been sitting in the sky for a bit.

I think skynews got a call from mr pentagon with this sad excuse for an explanation.

Optical illusion?!!? I know what they mean with the whole plane coming towards the camera and such.. but there was even the chopper pilot who filmed it was interviewed.. This is clearly headed upwards:

Personally though I believe it wasn't the US that did this. Imagine for a second that it was some russian sub that launched it. Do you think the pentagon would tell you that? No, they wouldn't. Everyone would be scared to death, grab their guns and board up their houses in fear. They don't want to scare people (at least not in this way ;p).

Even this summer, russian bombers were over restricted airspace in northern Canada. I have a relative who was doing infantry reserve training up there when that happened, and shortly after I was able to speak to him about it at a wedding. Being military you think he'd have some explanation that he heard through the ranks... but no. Himself and every single soldier or high ranking officer there were all wondering what the F was going on.
edit on 11-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
When they think of these these brilliant excuses. Do they really think people are going to buy it? does some one not say to them like.... mate thats bs no ones going to buy that.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
present the same lie

over
and
over

until it becomes the accepted truth.
Goebbels

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It was obviously recorded on video. How could this be a optical illusion?

I saw it on my local news, looked real to me.

either it was a test that got filmed, and there trying to tell it off as nothing, or another country is demonstrating, and they don't want a fearful public.

me-rash?(sp) doubt it

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The joke is that a whole world of ignorant people can not believe it was a military jet that had taken off from a island Navy airfield at near sunset and its contrail was videotaped.

Because THAT's what it was.

People will believe what ever they want to,because the obvious is just that.

San Nicholas ISLAND outlying airfield.

Google it.

I have been there many times.

Nobody ON THE GROUND saw this .

Only one dweeb with a camera in a helicopter.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Oneolddude because: added

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
WHAAAT??!
Oh come on, they're just being lazy now.
Optical illusion?
Maybe if they stopped spraying that chem crap in the air we'd stop having mass hallucinations!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

valid point, but it is taped

----------------------------------------------------------

quote from article in link above:

"He told CBS News the object could not be a rocket because it appears to alter its course and concluded it must be an optical illusion."

utter bull
edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

You seriously belief that was a jet???

Seriously, have you read the threads, and looked at the video and pics again?

VvV

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

This is clearly headed upwards

Really?

Like this contrail?

This is also the optical illusion the article mentions, namely the appearance of the contrail going straight up when in fact it is heading straight towards the viewer.

More vertical contrails:

uncinus.wordpress.com...

edit on 11/11/10 by Chadwickus because: Optical illusion

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Maybe their trying to hint at Project Bluebeam? I'm not a big fan of Bluebeam, but this comes to mind.

link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
The joke is that a whole world of ignorant people can not believe it was a military jet that had taken off from a island Navy airfield at near sunset and its contrail was videotaped.

Because THAT's what it was.

People will believe what ever they want to,because the obvious is just that.

San Nicholas ISLAND outlying airfield.

Google it.

I have been there many times.

Okay so then explain why this is the first time we've seen video of it.. If this happens sooo much then why is it only on camera now?

Also... if it was from that airbase, wouldn't the pentagon have said "it was a plane taking off from San Nicholas AFB" rather than "we don't know" ?

@chad: Seriously? I know what you're trying to hint at, but when have you seen a plane taking off that looks like a rocket?

link   
double post sorry

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Seriously? I know what you're trying to hint at, but when have you seen a plane taking off that looks like a rocket? Please share a vid.

What does a plane taking off have to do with anything?

We're not seeing a plane take off, we're seeing it at cruising altitude 30,000 feet+

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Maybe their trying to hint at Project Bluebeam? I'm not a big fan of Bluebeam, but this comes to mind.

it may seem that way, multiple mysterious missile launches (if other cases are confirmed) to god knows what altitude.

i can't stress this enough

quote from article in link above:

"He told CBS News the object could not be a rocket because it appears to alter its course and concluded it must be an optical illusion."

hows you bs meter on that one people?

edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: grammer

rockets can alter course, unbelievable. and the last time i checked i thought missiles and rockets are basically the same thing.
edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey mate, I thought this thread was about the fact that the media are saying it was an optical illussion.

You are suggesting it is a plane at 30000ft, so what do you think about the optical illusion story?

And would you not agree then, that indeed the optical illusion story is bs?

vVv

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Seriously? I know what you're trying to hint at, but when have you seen a plane taking off that looks like a rocket? Please share a vid.

What does a plane taking off have to do with anything?

We're not seeing a plane take off, we're seeing it at cruising altitude 30,000 feet+

Sorry to bring wiki into this .. but let me quote:
At high altitudes this water vapour emerges into a cold environment, and the local increase in water vapor can push the water content of the air past saturation point.

At high altitudes. You don't see contrails all over airports when they take off, but in this vid the contrail starts at the ground. The AFB would have to be wayyyy more west to only see the plane in flight, peaking over the horizon.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

It doesn't start at the ground.

Your eyes are fooling you.

The contrail starts well beyond the horizon, the curvature of the earth makes it appear to come from the ground (or water)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join