It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference - "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Apophis

"discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood." Doesn't seem to imply that they are announcing a cancellation.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

They are taking questions, they said the Scientsis involved in the Research would be as well as the Panelists?

I poosted the Panelists Bio's above.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
"CPC Central Committee, Central Military Commission of the Chang'e II Engineering Task message sent success and celebration, held will be a very high standard, and Premier Wen Jiabao to attend the opening photo. Such a high specification, such a grand celebration, unusual, absolutely story. Grapevine, broke the news broke out, the roadside community news, Chang'e lunar exploration that NASA discovered the mysterious object and the same. That found in the moon thing incredible birds, produced a huge internal differences, the leaders of the state came to see, and it is the TMD of the shock, fear people finally know what rice birds, which has a heavyweight other People want to open, but the opposition is powerful! "

Ok,ok, I've read this a few times,and I dont get it.
Apologies for my lack of understanding.
But what is this suppose to mean exactly?

Is this a riddle or something?

Can anyone give me a summerised 3rd grade version of this please?
Thank you

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OK here is a wild doomsday scenario, and I am laughing as I type this.

Monday, Nov. 15th 2010:

NASA announces of a Black Hole near our solar system and we are going to be entering the area soon.

Mass chaos breaks out, and all of the past conspiracies come to light:

We are being visited by extraterrestrials, and they can bring a select number people away from the BH (Elite).
ET's require certain resources for said trip, which is why the U.S. went into Afghanistan for it's minerals.
Ancient Mesopotamia holds knowledge of this and past visitations from ET's which is why we're in Iraq.
Also, this is the reason why gold is sky rocketing (I remember reading somewhere that ET's use gold?)
Any other crazy theory here.

OK I'm done!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Have you guys read the announcement at all? I mean the things you guys are questioning are literally all the announcement was explaining lmao... "Scientists involved in the research will be available to answer questions."

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We get to witness the birth of "let there be light" right up too the present, from the past.

celular division at the centre of this galaxy.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
"CPC Central Committee, Central Military Commission of the Chang'e II Engineering Task message sent success and celebration, held will be a very high standard, and Premier Wen Jiabao to attend the opening photo. Such a high specification, such a grand celebration, unusual, absolutely story. Grapevine, broke the news broke out, the roadside community news, Chang'e lunar exploration that NASA discovered the mysterious object and the same. That found in the moon thing incredible birds, produced a huge internal differences, the leaders of the state came to see, and it is the TMD of the shock, fear people finally know what rice birds, which has a heavyweight other People want to open, but the opposition is powerful! "

Ok,ok, I've read this a few times,and I dont get it.
Apologies for my lack of understanding.
But what is this suppose to mean exactly?

Is this a riddle or something?

Can anyone give me a summerised 3rd grade version of this please?
Thank you

looks like coded words,.
cant quite make it out,.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

In that thread, do refer to the post I linked (posted by gohua), and not the OP. This translation was done via some sort of online translater (which we all know suck). The one posted by gohua has a more lot sense to it, so yeah, you can make the connection now and let the imagination play for awhile

Cheers!

EDIT - S&F OP, can't wait till Monday, although I'm trying not to get too winded
we all know NASA
edit on 11-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Basically this huh?
lol

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge

They are taking questions, they said the Scientsis involved in the Research would be as well as the Panelists?

I poosted the Panelists Bio's above.

sorry missed it.My bad.peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Whatever has been observed is happening at high energies (Chandra is an XRay telescope only), so it's either solar (you'd be more than aware of it by now!!) or maybe a relatively local supernova (hardly worth a press conference, unless we're talking about the first stages of Betelgeuse going boom).

That's fun, but here's where I'm gonna place my bet:
Some recent observation of activity in the sagittarius A*/Galactic centre.

This region has been the subject of much observation lately due to the supposed supermassive black hole there. The theory that I heard about was that this region is in a finely balanced state with close orbiting stars being thrown around like rag-dolls. The theory was that this stability can & theoretically has in the past been upset to a point where the singularity at the centre spontaneously starts to 'feed' on the surrounding stars in a vicious cycle that cascades outward as the system stabilty degenerates.

What would this mean for the Earth? Probably nothing more than a spectacular XRay/UV fireworks display, but certainly worthy of a news report.

More detail about Sagittarius A*:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They have found a very large unknown X-ray emission bubble originating from the center of our galaxy. That's all folks. The only reason they now see it is due to the new Chandra spectrum capability.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
it would be cool if they announced the two test launches of their new space vehicle were succesful

seriously though its been awesome lately everyother month some cool new discovery. I await like all of you eagerly.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Lame, I already covered this information a week ago, I thought something else new was found out! JEEESSSHH! Slow ass television media corps.!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
OH NOES!

I HAZ RICE BIRDS COMIN!!!!

What the hell is a rice bird?

Why do I care?

Everything is going to crap and they want to push off some bs possible ET garbage? really?

I guess its better than these stupid reality and talent shows that pass for entertainment.

Yeah. I'm cynical.

Unless they (the ET's) can do any of these following things:

1. Get the governments of the world to get their act together and stop being some level of despot.

2. Get us a fair wage for fair work.

3. Fix stupid people.

4. Help me construct a better crystal radio set.

5. Get some decent cartoons back on. More anime please?

6. Let me retire at age 50 and have enough money to open a gun smith/ gun store.

7. Make a better homemade wine.

8. Simplify cars back to what they were in the 60's.

these are a few of my favorite things.

Folks, whatever it is they may be about to lay on us, it really wont make a rats ass in the end. More likely, its all bs to shift us to some new angle.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So this is what they found?

The Java Sparrow (Rice Bird)

Bummer!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Either way this is interesting! i'll be sure to tune in.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Omgawd, our galaxy is a giant pogo ball. Maybe our galaxy is just a toy for some supreme alien being?

edit on 11-11-2010 by avatar01 because: (no reason given)

Notice the giant alien hand coming in through the wall, and the pogo ball flying in like a flying saucer.
edit on 11-11-2010 by avatar01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everyone should take it easy with all the guessing!! You are giving me a headache and making my brain go into overtime! I hope it is worth the hype and an Earth-like planet would be great news!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They found Jimmy Hoffa? Awesome.

I won't be watching, if the LCROSS mission is anything to go by.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join