It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
he has the right to smile,he did his job.godbless him for it,i hope he kills a 1000 more.keep them towel heads from breathing.american pride,iraq killa!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by devilwasp

you have friggen idea what you are talking about man, i would just cut it off right there.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We in the military do what we do without hesitation so that people in the safety of there own home won’t have to live with the thought of something ruining there perfect little life. War is hell I have memories that will never leave me. I did and saw things that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. But we as soldiers also did some of the most amazing things like rebuild schools and hospitals. I was in AR Rmadi and helped rebuild a local school, for some of the girls this was the first time that had ever been to a school. For me this is what this war was about. We need to love our children more than we hate our enemy.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't think the 'editing job' in the video changes much what happened. But.... for the skeptics,
Let's just pretend that what we see in the video from CNN is what actually happened, even with a bit of editing. What the soldier did was wrong. It was wrong by the code of US soldiers, and wrong in that it was inhumane. Who cares about the cheering and laughing and what the idiot soldier said afterwards in the short clip of the interview. That's really the least of our worries, and we all know that the interview would have been VERY different if he were in a real situation where he was surrounded and outnumbered by enemy troops, watching his fellow servicemen die right next to him. Let's not deny: This situation that was shown to us in the footage from CNN is clearly NOT a severely threatening case for the well trained and well armed US soldiers on site. Even still, expecting someone who's trained to kill the enemy to attempt saving them if they injure them is a bit much, don't you think? It's war. In the video, we don't see any signs of surrender. If the person was trying to surrender and then was killed, then yeah I guess I'd be as pissed as most of you. (I didn't really see the gun next to the person who was shot. I couldn't quite make it out.)

We don't get to see how this battle forms and takes place, or even if there was more than a couple of enemies. But judging from the video I saw, these soldiers were not in any more immediate danger. Just from what is shown, it appears that only one soldier out of the group is aiming and firing at the victim, as if he has been chosen to kill this enemy. Just from what I can see in the video, it appears that he could be getting "initiated" so to speak, and was egged on by his fellow soldiers. But none of this is a fair assumption, as many of you have said, because we weren't there, and we don't know what went down right before the video started. We don't know what these troops had been through up to that day.... And none of this matters anyway, because on a scale of one to ten, this footage we see barely even registers on the scale of atrocious things that occur in war. In this age, thanks in part to the media and the internet, we can see what's really going on during battles more than ever before. It's never been a secret that not all marines act humane or professional or whatever. But let's not forget, they are soldiers and it's their business, not ours. If they're doing something wrong, then it's up to their superiors, not us, to act on it. No I've never been to war, and never had to endure the hardships of being invaded, thank goodness. But...
If I were living in a warzone, I would run. I would certainly not take on a bunch of troops. But that's a different topic, I guess. The world's a big place, and I'd have no problem taking my family and finding a place to ride the storm out. Honestly, what do these people hope to accomplish by fighting us? We've made it clear that we don't give a damn.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

for one they are not solders lets get past that right now they are marines and what they did was correct if I am not mistaken at the time Iraqis were pretending to be wounded in order to kill us military. Well let me tell you I am coming home at the end of the day and I will not take chances that will get me or my solders killed that man had to die. imo

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

We in the military do what we do without hesitation so that people in the safety of there own home won’t have to live with the thought of something ruining there perfect little life

thats not true sir....you have been lied to by your government...can`t you see that....?
TPTB started this for their own evil money hungry agenda..
and you sir are their killing puppet....if you can`t see that then we are in more trouble than any of us had ever thought.,
I do not blame you one bit..
your reasons are very admirable.. I do salute you and thank you for
your bravery and your sacrifice..

but man ... you gotta see the big picture...
without soldiers like you...the N.W.O would not have
any power..... you give them that power and in the end they will poo on you
when they are finished with you.......they hate you too you know..
they care NOTHING for you....NOTHING.....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Read the response above you. Are you that naive?
Put yourself in that situation. I bet you would go give him a kiss huh?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by castellammare78

Greetings

This photo was taken during gulf war I and occured along the road the navy and air force had what they called a "turkey shoot." Apparently there was a mass exodus out of Kuwait, the road was jammed with vehicles. Traffic had come to a stop. There were civilians among the vehicles.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Dear SPC_D,

you elected to quote Hitler in your signature which just happens to relate to war and to the topic of this thread. Do you support Nazi's ways of waging wars, Sir?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The war on terror, as a fellow person who tried to join the army I still believe that we need to be involved in this war. (I wasn’t aloud in due to having asthma.) 9/11 was ridiculous! I still get pissed at the fact some people believe that they will gain personal pleasure in afterlife by destroying the lives of innocent people. To me that is plain ludicrous and it has to be stopped no matter what the cost. Everyone has the rights to their own beliefs but when those beliefs eliminate the rights of others, others that have a peaceful purpose I believe it must be stopped. Our constitution guarantees the right of the pursuit of happiness and terrorism works to eliminate that by instilling fear..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by titian

Man your stressed and confused. - this wars not for our freedom, Iraq never possed a threat to us. Were killing over here in the name of profit man. re hydrate and shut up.

and mind the god damn contractors over here in there 80,000 on base only SUV's

protecting freedom - from who? not the Iraqi's

Ask Haliburton about the spend plus policy soldier

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
it's the risk you take when in a war zone. Nobody's safe.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The problem with regard to how we handle combat situations is that our politicians have constrained our troops in the battlefield. The way to win and prevent future warfare is to make war so ugly and terrifying, that war will become something to be avoided. Allow our troops to do their jobs and this mess will be over.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

he could have had a grenade being cooked or he could have been wired to blow up. they did what was necessary to ensure that they would still be alive and im sure you wouldn't have the guts to go and "make sure he wasn't armed". thats a load of crap and you would be begging to get shot in war. war is exactly that. war. bad things happen in wars, but you stick with your armed servicemen. you don't go bashing them whenever you can. you should be ashamed of yourself

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Soldiers, especially NCO's are professionals. They have a soldier's code they must honor. To 'double-tap' is a no-no. If you shoot after the enemy is down (and not a threat, of course), that's murder. I don't know the circumstances of that video, maybe the Marines saw something we didn't. But the cheering like school girls is kind of sad.

This is the only right respons!!...i know i am not to judge as i wasn't there but i'd like to think there is still something as a code of honor and not just rampant killing in the name of war.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join