It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we find a real piece of Kryptonite from an alien world out walking our dog???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So, I'll try to keep this as brief as I can.

I was out walking my dog Monday 8th November 2010. Took him along a route that takes over an hour that goes across various fields, farmland, woods and ancient footpaths. When I saw it from a distance I thought it was a chunk of plastic. When I got closer, I thought it might be a very fatty piece of animal meat or even a frozen chunk of ice from a high altitude plane toilet.

I picked it up and turned it round in my hand. Now, I soon discounted my other theories and realised it was a rock. But it was unlike any rock I've ever seen. For some reason, (probably 'cos I was tired and not thinking straight), I dropped it back down and carried on my way - it was about to rain heavily as a weather system was moving in and I wanted to get home as I was very busy.

Yesterday, Tuesday 9th November 2010, I walked the same route again - this time with my partner. I was keen to find the rock again, just so I could get a second opinion. We eventually got to the same spot and there it was. My partner's reaction was bafflement, as mine had been, and he said 'it looks like something out of this world'. So, he read my mind as I've never seen anything like it before. I decided this rock required further investigation and wondered what the good folk of ATS might make of it.

On the way home, we bumped into a man who walks his dogs across the same routes we walk. We chatted a bit and then I showed him the rock. He was completely baffled. I asked him if he'd ever seen a rock like this before. He replied, 'No'. So I then asked where he thought it might have come from. He pointed upward. We all laughed, but still...!!!

I've been to hippy and new age shops and science museums where they have lots of crystals and stuff, so I know there's a startling array of rocks and crystalline formations that can be found on Earth, but even so, I don't think I've seen anything like this rock. I'm hoping someone with knowledge of geology can explain this rock as Earth origin. But it would be really cool were it extraterrestrial.

I now have the rock at home and have cleaned it up. Let me describe it;

It has a creamy white colour to it and is translucent in places, almost glass-like. In parts, when held up to the light, you can see right through it. There are what appear to be thin white and creamy coloured lines going through the rock in different directions that are most likely fissures or cracks of sorts. One side where the rock has been sheared off appears weathered and has a very bizarre texture with rivulets. Here's the interesting bit... embedded in the rock, and running through it, are rust coloured blobs, dots and streaks. I really don't know how to describe them... Some are a darker red colour whilst others are almost pinky in appearance. To the naked eye, they look like ancient things look like trapped in amber? :-/

Now, I am going to try and upload some pictures over the next 24 hours so please bear with me whilst I do that and let me know your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
With no pictures you can't get a geologist to tell you what it is. You'll just get trolls trolling your tread or people like me aka masters of obvious telling you the obvious. I will flag your thread to keep it alive but chances are no one serious will actually return to check out your pictures when you need entire 24 hours to snap few photos in this day and age. As they like to say, pictures or it didn't happen
. Oh and be sure to post several of them because 1 or 2 blurry pictures can easily be manipulated. Thats my 2c.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wish people would refrain from posting until they are ready to upload the pictures.

It just seems like a waste because this thread is useless without pictures.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Hello!

An interesting story, do you think it could be Quartz?

Do you live in an area where there's lots of Granite? Quartz and Granite go hand-in-hand and you can often find lumps of the stuff lying around on the surface.

Without seeing the snaps that would be my first guess.

edit on Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:48:39 -0600 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
As was said in the movie "Joe Dirt": No, what we got here is a giant chunk of frozen poopie.

Just kidding, it does sound cool though.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
From the description, sounds like Aragonite. Check the link below, and see if it resembles what you found....

geology.about.com...

Note: What's the Alien connection? Other than resembling something from sci-fi fiction. Just an FYI that the thread will probably be moved, but I'm willing to give you some time to clarify.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd think its quite likely it came from outer space, it will probably give you special powers too.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67494a016766.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Forget that LOLOLOL chuff all like i thought you were describing. Might be Apatite or maybe a Kunzite?
edit on 10-11-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
creamy white , rusty amber blobs? op youre confusing me.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7df3e2ce37f6.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
If one went back far enough, couldn't one argue that all rocks came from space?

Looks interesting though, I'm sure a geology major or somesuch will identify shortly.

BTW...kryptonite is green, yes?

edit on 10-11-2010 by Signals because: classified

link   

It's a bit of Orange calcite

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d920965c9124.jpg[/atsimg]

Or just Calcite in general, it comes in many colours
edit on 10-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
creamy white , rusty amber blobs? op youre confusing me.

Looks different to the naked eye, but bear with me. Trying to get these uploaded..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Apatite or a Kunzite maybe...?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19c74cf7265b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/373db5c87cce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6f04c7273fa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
found this maybe it helps

Carnelian is a red chalcedony colored by iron oxides. It is placed in the sun to change brown tints to red. The best carnelians is found in India. Folklore: Carnelian gets its name from the Latin word carne, meaning flesh. Napoleon, while in Egypt, discovered the magick of the stone. Also called the Mecca stone, it was sacred to Moslems as Mohammed wore an engraved carnelian ring as a charm for a blessed afterlife. Magick: The carnelian is the stone of the orator, promoting articulation, clarity of thought and eloquence (the ancient Greeks thought that if you could articulate clearly over the crash of the ocean with one under your tongue, you would be muse touched with eloquence). Increases courage, especially in the overly shy. Helps focus decision making. Used for carnal passions, sexuality, earthiness and the material world.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a24a147eb6c2.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join