It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says to test own model of Russia S-300 missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Iran says to test own model of Russia S-300 missile

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Iran has developed a version of the Russian S-300 missile and will test-fire it soon, the official news agency IRNA said, two months after Moscow decided not to deliver it to Tehran to comply with U.N. sanctions.
"The Iranian (version) of the S-300 system is undergoing field modification and will be test-fired soon as other long range systems are being designed and produced," IRNA quoted Brigadier General Mohammad Hassan Mansourian, a commander in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is getting quite interesting! Now Iran is flexing its muscles, and I'm sure they've got to...they know something big is coming their way.
Also it seems like this might be some sort of provocation towards, the US and Israel.
I honestly hope we can still be able to enjoy the years end with relative peace before all hell breaks loose in the middle east again. But by the way things are going it seems like SWHTF before years end, cause I'm sure the the US and Israel are just waiting for a nice little excuse to do what they've been planning to do for so long now.

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is a joke.

No way in hell Iran produced a S-300 level anti-air system... on it's own that is.

Now, what could have happened is Russia/China supplying them with plans/engineers covertly. Wouldn't surprise me.

Once we have pics of it/capabilities claimed, we should now if they received outside help.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Why wouldn't they be able to do so ?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is a joke.

No way in hell Iran produced a S-300 level anti-air system... on it's own that is.

No SH|T. Same with their Nuclear Technology and Fuel... China and Russia lent the big hand.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

Because the S-300 is in the top 5 best system in the world. Iran have a hard time developing a solid-state fueled IRBM, not to mention their advances in radar technology are nowhere near Russia's.

Iran have a 6 billion/year military budget. So come on now. They couldn't have developed a system comparable to the S-300 in a few months with that kind of budget/technology capabilities unless they already had the plans.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I say....Let the dogs loose, take the choker off Israel and let them do what they've always done....Time for us Westerners to get the hell out of dodge and let the locals handle the crap !

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Jalis

Because the S-300 is in the top 5 best system in the world. Iran have a hard time developing a solid-state fueled IRBM, not to mention their advances in radar technology are nowhere near Russia's.

Iran have a 6 billion/year military budget. So come on now. They couldn't have developed a system comparable to the S-300 in a few months with that kind of budget/technology capabilities unless they already had the plans.

I've heard, it's been discussed on ATS, that Iran bought and back engineered s300's from Vietnam or Laos.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

This is a joke.

Now, what could have happened is Russia/China supplying them with plans/engineers covertly. Wouldn't surprise me.

Once we have pics of it/capabilities claimed, we should now if they received outside help.

There are any number of countries from which they could get the missile or technology. Notably, Syria has the system, according to the Center for non-Proliferation Studies. "Center for Nonproliferation Studies - "The Russian S-300PMU-1 TMD System"". China manufactures it. Slovakia has it, as does Belarus, India, Libya, Turkey, and Venezuela.
I wouldn't underestimate Iran's tech abilites. They have designed an impressive new fighter, the Sa'eqeh

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Amazing how much the sa'eqeh looks like a combination of the mig-28 and F-22.
2nd line

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

I wonder how much of this press release was precipitated over the question of that airplane contrail that everyone thought was a missile for a hot minute...

I was expecting some kind of international response...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Since we're talking about Irans "self-developed" S-300 missiles....Heres a link on the technical side and history of the S-300 missile system.

Although none of the S-300 versions have ever fired a missile in a real conflict, it is considered a very capable SAM system. In April 2005, NATO had a combat exercise in France and Germany called Trial Hammer 05 to practice SEAD missions.[44] Participating countries were pleased that the Slovak Air Force brought a S-300PMU along, providing a unique opportunity for NATO to become familiar with the system.
Israel's purchase of F-35 Lightning II fighters was allegedly motivated in part to nullify the threat of S-300 missiles that were, at the time the fighers were initially sought, subject to a potential arms sale to Iran.[45][46]

S-300 INFO-LINK

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryker Ops

Amazing how much the sa'eqeh looks like a combination of the mig-28 and F-22.
2nd line

Actually, it is much closer to the F-5/T-38. That may be because the Mig 28 is a fictional aircraft. You are probably confused by the movie Top Gun, where a T-38, owned by Thornton Aircraft, was used as the fictional Mig 28. All real production Mikoyan aircraft (they dropped the G when Gurevitch died) were odd numbered, beginning with the Mig 1 in 1940. The Sa'eqeh did add the laterally canted twin vertical tail, which looks like the F-15, 18, and 22.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

well played. I did not realize that.
2nd line

top topics

join