It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Western Climate Establishment Corrupt? Asks SPPI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Key findings of the paper include:

* Official thermometers are overwhelmingly in warm localities such as near air conditioner exhaust vents, buildings, concrete, tarmac, asphalt, and even fermenting vats of warm sludge.

* Officials hide the modern ARGO data which shows the world’s oceans are cooling.

* They ignore hundreds of thousands of weather balloon results that show the climate models overestimate future warming by at least 300%.

* Officials frequently point to the last 130 years of global warming. But almost never mention the full story: that the planet started the current global warming trend before 1700, over a century before humans started pumping out meaningful amounts of CO2.

* Leading authors publish a crucial graph with a deceptive colour scheme designed to imitate the results they wish they’d got. Why did a leading journal publish such a naked and childish attempt at cheating?

* Their adjustments blatantly transform the original raw data from thermometers, often creating rising trends. They also selectively ignore thousands of other thermometers.

* Researchers repeatedly go out of their way to hide their records, and dodge FOIs.

* The Russian, Chinese and Indian climate establishments, which are financially independent of the western financial establishment, are all skeptical. As are scientists from other branches of science, as well as many older or retired climate scientists (who have nothing to lose by speaking their minds).

Source
Full Report PDF

Most people who don't worship at The Church Of Gore have been asking the same questions for a long time now.

As people sceptical of AGW, the "science" behind it, the data collection, the weighting of some data over others, we have been called everything from "terrorists" to deluded fools.

Indeed, this is prevalent amongst AGW proponents, as we saw during the leaked documents scandal, that has been conveniently brushed under the carpet under the heading "Not Important"

Well I'm sorry, but it IS imporatnt, it is VITALLY important that people with a vested interest STOP fudging the issues, presenting partial evidence, and completely ignoring other evidence if it does not fit their theory.

I could go on and on about the various ways in which various data is manipulated, but I know it will make no difference to those self righteous, self-proclaimed experts who have become the self appointed guardians of our planet, by lying and cheating the public out of billions in "research" grants.

The major problem is that while the public is distracted by this pathetic attempt at scaring us all, the real issues are going un-addressed.

Too much CO2?
Stop cutting down the rainforests - but wait, there's a lobby group which will bribe a politician to block any attempt to pass any law which might actually stop that from happening, and while people crave their cheap burgers, the companies which supply those burgers will continue to pay SA farmers to clear vast tracts of land to graze cattle on.

Stop polluting the oceans, the water tables, and the skies - but wait, it's not the fault of those pesky multi nationals. We know this because there are lobbyists who tell us that certain kind of pollution are actually better for us, because they are by-products of the things people want, and they are simply slaves to supply and demand.

For every piece of proposed legislation, there is a lobbyist with a bagfull of cash who will buy the vote.

All except the one which does not directly affect corporations and their political stooges - that's right, the cost of "fighting AGW" is not borne by the corporations, or the governments, it is borne by US, the taxpayers.
Of the billions raised in "green taxes" less than 1% is spent on environmental issues.

The greatest scam of our time is all about fleecing us, whilst the corporations go about their business.

And it is strictly a western scam - other countries scientists are more than a little sceptical about alleged AGW, but of course this is not reported.

Nor are the lies.

Nor are the exagerations.

Nor is all the evidence presented.

We have and are being lied to on a massive scale - and the ironic thing is that in the world of CTers, people who would not normally believe a word that a government sponsored organisation has to say, are blindly following this, buying into it and spreading the lies and propaganda, for the very governments they profess to despise.
edit on 10/11/2010 by budski because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
S&F for a very good and truthful post .Consider the AGW point that the smallest thing carbon has the greatest impact opposed to the Sun the Clouds,the thousands of underwater volcanoes as well as the ones on top of the surface .Even if we ignore the history of our climate,as the AGW do ,how can we not think that the other things like our Sun,Volcanoes and the magma that is boiling beneath our feet has less important effect on how our climate is effected ? peace

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The "Science and Public Policy Institute" is a joke. It's just another front organization associated with all sorts of shady characters and well known frauds in the climate denial game. People like Willie Soon and Lord Monckton.

If you want to be respected as a skeptic and not called a deluded fool, then maybe you should be skeptical enough to do some research into your own sources first, instead of jumping straight to the useless and ignorant jokes about the church of gore.

www.powerbase.info...
www.sourcewatch.org...
www.exxonsecrets.org...
query.nytimes.com...
www.desmogblog.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

It is downright comical how much some of you love to call out and judge others on how brainwashed they supposedly are - but all you do is post information from notorious sources of propaganda as your proof.

And by the way - climategate was not "brushed under the rug". It was investigated by numerous independent panels and reviews:

www.uea.ac.uk...

The part that did get brushed under the rug was the media coverage when all these reviews found no evidence of fraud, and exonerated all the scientists involved.

'Climategate' Debunking Gets Less Coverage Than Original Trumped-Up Scandal
"ClimateGate" Scientists Cleared Yet Again, Story Ignored by Media Yet Again
The first rule of vindicating climate scientists is you do not talk about vindicating climate scientists
Newsweek blog: Newspapers Retract 'Climategate' Claims, but Damage Still Done

So who exactly is getting played by corruption and media coverage? Take a long hard look in the mirror before you cast those stones.
edit on 10-11-2010 by mc_squared because: by order of the dept. of redundancy dept.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
[The major problem is that while the public is distracted by this pathetic attempt at scaring us all, the real issues are going un-addressed.

The greatest scam of our time is all about fleecing us, whilst the corporations go about their business.

The best way to kill your opposition is to hijack any given movement, corrupt it, use it to milk resources, and when all else fails discredit each and every movement. The PTB are obnoxiously smart when it comes to screwing people over for their benefit of course.

Originally posted by budski

And it is strictly a western scam - other countries scientists are more than a little sceptical about alleged AGW, but of course this is not reported.

I am not sure its just a western scam. I didn't hear many eastern governments denounce AGW or even question it sufficely. A few questions here and there is hardly respectable opposition if you get my drift! Lets face it was global scam and probably not the last either.

I don't care so much about the money aspect as I care about the neglect to nature and the burden it will put on future generations. Unfortunately the real enviromentalists have been silenced in favor of the big time university graduates working on their PhDs with corporate grant money who prefer business as normal rather than something more drastic.

Real enviromentalists as you correctly stated care about limiting deforestation and over-population, want clean water and clean oceans, organic farming, clean air with little or no toxins, healthy food and animals, etc..etc

Common sense has failed and financial absurdity has prevailed. Money can be replaced but damage to the enviroment could take a long, long time to rectify. Thanks for starting a great thread!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Corrupt? If global warming is a hoax, how could anyone profit from that? People are being advised to cut down on energy costs, food consumption, buy stuff etc etc.

Car manufacturers are driven to design ever more efficient cars which could drive demand for oil down.

Nobody would be profiting from cutting down on everything just to curb emission of greenhouse gases. And IMO, almost nobody cares about global warming.

However, my local weather would tell me, global warming is real! I used to wear sweaters every november over 10 years ago. Now, I'm down to my underwear and T-shirt at the same time of the year to sleep.

And I find the OP a little bit funny, no offense, the first paragraph and part it mentions the trend started before 1700. If that is true, we may have something bigger to worry about.
edit on 10-11-2010 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
Corrupt? If global warming is a hoax, how could anyone profit from that? People are being advised to cut down on energy costs, food consumption, buy stuff etc etc.

Car manufacturers are driven to design ever more efficient cars which could drive demand for oil down.

Nobody would be profiting from cutting down on everything just to curb emission of greenhouse gases.

This is exactly what all these tin-foil global warming conspiracy theorists have absolutely no grasp of.

They'll tell you all about how brainwashed you are because you can't see how it's just a big made up scam to take your tax money - but they have no concept of how the world actually works.

They don't understand that this "made-up" problem calls for increased conservation and sustainability, i.e. reducing all the overconsumptive principles that actually generate wealth, and make TPTB so rich and powerful in the first place.

If it was nothing but a scam to take everybody's tax money it would be the stupidest "scam" of all time. Because the result is everybody's generating less overall revenue to tax.

But none of these guys care enough to use their brains to get that far. They all get soooo wrapped up in making fun of how brainwashed everybody but themselves are instead.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If corporations are taxed on CO2 emissions they will pass the cost to the consumer which means most folks would consume less. That sounds good on the surface but it doesn't accomplish what promised since big corporations can buy all the carbon credits they need and continue to pollute as though there was no legislation to begin with.

Smalller companies buy less carbon credits since they have less financial resources, which means they produce less. pollute less, become even less competitive to the big multi-nationals since cost of production sky rockets, and again people pay more and consume less....is that good for the economy and competition? Does pollution really get curbed or is it more a case of BIG CORPORATIONS POLLUTE MORE SINCE THEY HAVE LESS COMPETITION, BAD FOR THE ECONOMY DUE TO LESS PURCHASING POWER, PRIVATE MONOPOLIES EVERYWHERE? As they say the devil is in the details.............

Nobody would be profiting from cutting down on everything just to curb emission of greenhouse gases. And IMO, almost nobody cares about global warming.

However, my local weather would tell me, global warming is real! I used to wear sweaters every november over 10 years ago. Now, I'm down to my underwear and T-shirt at the same time of the year to sleep.

And I find the OP a little bit funny, no offense, the first paragraph and part it mentions the trend started before 1700. If that is true, we may have something bigger to worry about.
edit on 10-11-2010 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

Are you mistakengly or intentionally confusing global warming with pollution? Global warming is a hoax perpetrated for financial and herd control reasons while pollution is real and for the most part neglected. IF global warming even had any credibility to begin with it would be due to the solar cycle and other natural reasons, not man-made bs. Of course they got that wrong TOO!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Are you mistakengly or intentionally confusing global warming with pollution? Global warming is a hoax perpetrated for financial and herd control reasons while pollution is real and for the most part neglected. IF global warming even had any credibility to begin with it would be due to the solar cycle and other natural reasons, not man-made bs. Of course they got that wrong TOO!

Nope, as car designers recently has been pushing the boundaries of 'mpg' even further. And I keep hearing more about 'mpg' than Nitrous Oxides, whatever. So I guess the increase in efficiency will lead to less greenhouse gases emitted like CO2. Note that CO2 is generally regarded as NOT a pollutant. So I concluded that the recent trend was more to address global warming than reducing pollutants. Higher efficiency engines will reduce pollutants anyway.

One would hope that global warming is not due to a natural cycle as it could potentially be a worse problem!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thank you for proving my point so eloquently.

Not one single point that was in the PDF has been addressed - instead, forum Kaiser Soze's have come along and thrown about the usual ad-hominem attacks, thinly disguised as "constructive crticism" when all it really is, is yet another blatant attempt to discredit anyone who dares to question, AGW/Climate Change/Climate disruption or whatever they are calling it this week, whilst at the same time completely avoiding answering ANY of the questions posed in the PDF.

It's beyond ridiculous, as is the whole scam.

edit on 10/11/2010 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah of course, it's not enough to show you your sources are complete hooey and lying. Over there in make-excuses-for-everything Denierville this comes off as an ad hominem attack somehow lol. And now naturally you demand everybody else go do your homework for you or the results somehow stand by default.

* Official thermometers are overwhelmingly in warm localities such as near air conditioner exhaust vents, buildings, concrete, tarmac, asphalt, and even fermenting vats of warm sludge.

Even if this were true, how do you figure this is going to explain why all those thermometers have shown a warming trend over time? Have all those exhaust vents, buildings, concrete, tarmac, etc been pumping out more and more heat over the years?? Real studies show that over time, as things get weathered and replaced, this has actually resulted in an overall COOLING bias:

On the reliability of the U.S. surface temperature record

Speaking of bias...

* Officials hide the modern ARGO data which shows the world’s oceans are cooling.

Early estimates of ocean heat from the Argo showed a cooling bias due to pressure sensor issues. Recent estimates of ocean heat that take this bias into account show continued warming of the upper ocean. This is confirmed by independent estimates of ocean heat as well as more comprehensive measurements of ocean heat down to 2000 metres deep.

In climate discussions, the most common error is focusing on a single piece of the puzzle while ignoring the big picture. The ocean cooling meme commits this error twofold. Firstly, it scrutinises 6 years worth of data while ignoring the last 40 years of ocean warming. Secondly, it hangs its hat on one particular reconstruction that shows cooling, while other results and independent analyses indicate slight warming.

Source

So this incessant nonsense about hiding and ignoring data is the typical incendiary yarn spun by denier shills. But it is absolutely not true. It is simply them that are constantly trying to cherrypick and distort the full body of information to fit their agenda. For example:

* Officials frequently point to the last 130 years of global warming. But almost never mention the full story: that the planet started the current global warming trend before 1700, over a century before humans started pumping out meaningful amounts of CO2.

Yeah sure - let's look at all that egregious warming from before 1700:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9396cd11cf7c.png[/atsimg]

Really minimizes all that post-industrial warming doesn't it?

So when the denialists conclusions are deemed insufficient or incorrect by mainstream scientific peer-review, on account of the fact that there is 10x as much evidence showing otherwise - they all go and hit their blogs and cry to right-wing media that the big bad scientific establishment is hiding this or destroying that, even though the facts say otherwise:

CRU climate scientists 'did not withhold data'
Conservative media hype misleading report suggesting CRU destroyed raw climate data

But of course you guys eat it all up anyway, because instead of investigating the whole story, you're so eager to run onto message boards and declare global warming dead, and gloat over all the supposed brainwashed saps who were silly enough to ever believe in something like "mainstream science" lollolol.

And speaking of that...

* The Russian, Chinese and Indian climate establishments, which are financially independent of the western financial establishment, are all skeptical. As are scientists from other branches of science, as well as many older or retired climate scientists (who have nothing to lose by speaking their minds).

Right - I guess that's why the National Academies of Science for Russia, China and India all signed off on this joint statement that made the claim:

The IPCC 2007 Fourth Assessment of climate change science concluded that large reductions in the emissions of greenhouse gases, principally CO2, are needed soon to slow the increase of atmospheric concentrations, and avoid reaching unacceptable levels.

However, climate change is happening even faster than previously estimated; global CO2 emissions since 2000 have been higher than even the highest predictions, Arctic sea ice has been melting at rates much faster than predicted, and the rise in the sea level has become more rapid. Feedbacks in the climate system might lead to much more rapid climate changes.

Or I suppose this financial freedom to speak out against the eco-nazi regime is the reason why China is actually leading the push towards a clean energy economy.

Deny ignorance folks! (Usually that requires more than just automatically believing something because you read it on a blog).

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My god, the hypocrisy - whilst rubbishing other sources the poster posts the most questionable sources imaginable!

Of COURSE a government enquiry would NEVER DREAM of concluding that one of its own agencies had been guilty of falsifying, deleting and cherry-picking data.

As we all know, our government agencies are absolutely whiter than white

You still haven't answered a single pertinent point - all you have done is try and muddy the waters by posting spurious rubbish.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah I know - goddam all that logic and facts and links to actual scientific resources I used in the above post. I mean how can any of that battle with all the empty conjecture you've used to refute it?

Enjoy life in deluded denier lala land

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

See there's the thing.

As usual, when someone challenges a religion, logic and reasoned debate goes out of the window.

AGW (or whatever they are calling it this week) proponents absolutely HATE debate, and as a result just spout the same nonsense ad nauseum, coupled with ad hominem attacks and lots of strawmen.

I notice you don't care to address anything in the PDF except what it suits you to address - and which is taken from sources which can in no way be considered reliable.

You may be willing to accept the latest governmental control mechanism, but others have their eyes open.

Now run along to your church of gore, and say 10 hockey sticks and a medievil warm period for your sins.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

See there's the thing.

As usual, when someone challenges a religion, logic and reasoned debate goes out of the window.

Yes I can see that very clearly in your responses.

Becauses here's the actual thing:

I started you off with no less than six independent links showing how your source is corrupt and you are in fact the one being lied to. But you just ignored that uncomfortable possibility and somehow tried to spin it into some sort of ad hominem attack - when it is clearly crucial to the subject matter, especially considering YOUR ENTIRE STANCE is based around this idea that all these scientists are corrupt and lying.

So yeah, double standard much?

Then I gave you numerous detailed links on the climategate affair which you dismissed as biased because why? Because somehow your bias supercedes all others, and therefore you are free to just renounce offhand anything that challenges it?

This is exactly the same way religious zealots look at things too.

So then you demand that the points in your OP, who's credibility is still highly patent pending mind you, be addressed directly. So I did that - I left you numerous links to actual papers, official documents, a website that links all of it's information directly to the scientific papers it is gathered from, some highly reputable news sources, etc - and you once again simply dismissed all that offhand as "biased", with nothing to back up this completely baseless accusation other than your original OP - WHICH WAS ALREADY SHOWN TO BE CORRUPT.

And now you're trying to lecture me on what entails "logic and reasoned debate"?

It's so funny watching the way you guys squirm and backpedal and try to dismiss anything that challenges YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM with empty rhetoric about strawmans, ad hominems and religious zealotry. Anything you can hide behind to try and save face basically.

Because go back and review how many different independent lines of evidence I have given you drawing your sources into question, and how many times you responded to them with strawmans and ad hominems that were based on NOTHING but your own useless bias and personal conjecture.

So who's belief system looks like it's on it's heels here lol?

Anyway you're right about one thing: I have no interest in actually debating this topic with you. That's because you've clearly demonstrated you have no interest in looking at the facts for what they are instead of whatever you want them to be.

Like I said: enjoy life in lala land.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh dear...

I just wanted to discuss the various points raised in the report.

But as usual, the church of gore acolytes come in, derail, and try and kill the conversation, because as many people know (and it's more every day) this flavour of the month "theory" is falling flat on its backside.

There is so very much that is being held back, misrepresented, lied about, deleted and ignored.

There is a very well known phenomena that states when a scientific study is started with the answer already wanted, then that answer will be the one invariably arrived at.

This could not be more clear than with AGW.

In science, you don't start with an answer and work your way back - that's just making things up.

And that's what has happened - a "thoery" was proposed, and the "scientists" worked their way backwards to try and prove it.

That's not science, that's bullplop.

top topics

join