It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Media once again Joke about UFO reports...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I knew they'd simply joke with it, but what can you expect it's the 7PM Project.

The adverts for the segment made it appear they were going to do a piece on it but it turned out to be a snippet within a segment at the end... Typical.

It was in reference to the 'hook' UFO spotted by numerous people in the UK, but all they can really do is laugh at the guys accent and treat it with the same lack of respect they have done in the past. Regardless if the thing was a Real ufo, if they're going to even mention it then stop taking the mickey... argh, this just irks me..

if the video is not available, I've only uploaded it so it may still be processing - I have no idea why they do that to me, but it seems to be the case.. ;l

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ive never once seen any ufo report taken seriously on the news, I wouldnt expect anything to change soon.
The best you can hope for is that they dont play the x-files theme tune during the report.

edit on 10-11-2010 by neonitus because: can't spell.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it.

Also do not bother with ufo vids today as there is alot of hoaxs about,a nd the net has made it tenfold as bad.

What you should do is laugh about the news people believing that yemen people actually want to attack america, lol. Like how the ewoks attacked he empire in star wars fiction, absolutely absurd idea, but all these news people believe it.
edit on 11/10/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Must have been a really slow news day,because this was aired.
But this does show the contempt the MSM do have for alternative news stories.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The MSM are the ones that are the joke.
2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The 7pm report is more a comedy than a news report.
I hope people outside australia do not consider this our normal news.
Though like most place the real news is often a joke aslo..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
To all non-Aussies:

This '7pm Project' is most definitely not our normal news broadcasts. Think of the "7pm Project" as more akin to "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart - except much less funny, completely biased and hosted by 3 complete idiots.

I seriously can't think of why anyone watches this show any more. Carrie is just a pretty face, the main host dude (never bothered to learn his name, don't want to) looks like a Charlie Chaplin throwback and has the appeal of a rabid Orangatan and Hughsey - what can I say really that will be any worse than the impression one gets when one first lays eyes on him?

I cannot believe George Negus lowers himself to be a guest on that show.

(btw im 31, the target audience for the show is my age and lower. Im not some old fuddy duddy complaining about the use of the word 'bloody' on a tv show)
edit on 10/11/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Oh I wasn't insinuating that the 7PM project is a valid News broadcast, but it is prime time and it does have an audience that is not your typical 6am news. They do serious reports on topics that they consider serious, but it's always the same with UFO's. Sometimes I wanna punch them all in the face...

I understand that they have a more comic stance for a lighter mood, but ... it still cheeses me off.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
(btw im 31, the target audience for the show is my age and lower. Im not some old fuddy duddy complaining about the use of the word 'bloody' on a tv show)
edit on 10/11/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

I'm 38, but don't have fox and the alternatives are home and away, george and mildred, two and a half men and other assorted inane shows.

The show seems like a form of youtube for the free to air tv..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunDawg
The MSM are the ones that are the joke.
2nd

Exactly.

They are the problem.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
Ive never once seen any ufo report taken seriously on the news, I wouldnt expect anything to change soon.
The best you can hope for is that they dont play the x-files theme tune during the report.

edit on 10-11-2010 by neonitus because: can't spell.

The thing is, they're certainly showing a lot more UFO topic related items on the news here. It would just be nice if for once, they could just report it, have an opinion about it if they must, interview someone sensibly instead of at arms length, and not make the viewer feel like an imbecile if they are genuinely interested in it..

But I fear you are right... The last time I saw a ufo related story on the Sunrise show, they indeed played the x-file music... because it's funny even 1000 times after someone decided to use it...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When the UFO field shows it self worthy of respect perhaps then we can start worrying about it portrayal in the media.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
When the UFO field shows it self worthy of respect perhaps then we can start worrying about it portrayal in the media.

Wait a minute, there is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. If you don't feel there is anything worth debating, that's your right. Don't go entering the argument.

My ENTIRE point was that I am tired of ANY AND ALL news items relating to the UFO topic being treated as garbage by the Australian media, especially since they are so intent on making it a point more and more these days.

God damn no one seems to get that point. I don't care if it's 60 minutes, sunrise, the 7PM project, Good New Week, Lateline or whatever - OUR media is reporting it more and more, and I'm friggen sick and tired of it being misrepresented as bullshine.

Gah, no one gets it.. I get it... Whatever...

Screw the feild of UFO researchers, I'm talking about the general, average, local, gobwanking media...

edit on 11/11/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Hey you across the ditch.....
....just remember ( or rather, remind your media people) that it was one of your own that was aboard the flight that filmed the World Famous..lol...Kaikoura, New Zealand UFO incident. One of the best documented sightings ever. And the OZ media was all over it at the time, so how soon they forget huh? Power to ya!!

Link to Kaikoura sighting/filming

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

george and mildred

I'd take good ol' George and Mildred over the 7pm Project anyday

Would it be a bad time to mention I'm also a closet fan of 'Keeping Up Appearences' with Hyacinth Bucket?

Crap, and I think I just found another grey hair.....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

God damn no one seems to get that point.

I'm with ya mate don't worry

***hands badw0lf a can of beer......***

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In all fairness how can that guy take anything seriously with a moustache like that?

It seamd the audiance was more interested in laughing at the northen english accent than taking notice of the video too.

And about the video footage, Im not sure looks strange? and i think the sun or some news group as taken the copy right for that video so they must be thinking its going to be shown a lot around the world.

edit on 11-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

they laughed at the wright brothers, they laughed at galileo, they laughed at the world being round, and i am sure there were many people and subjects that were laughed at that we all take serious today.

so laughing at something does not mean you are right, in fact some people use laughing as defense, so they do not have to admit being wrong and avoiding the subject all together.

so let them laugh, it does not mean anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

My ENTIRE point was that I am tired of ANY AND ALL news items relating to the UFO topic being treated as garbage by the Australian media

And so they should - a video of balloons, or chinese lanterns, or birds/insects etc. or even worse normal planes - where you can even see the normal strobes.... do not deserve any respect in being called "ufo's"

OUR media is reporting it more and more, and I'm friggen sick and tired of it being misrepresented as bullshine.

You had better get used to it then - as it is bullshine!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

God damn no one seems to get that point.

I'm with ya mate don't worry

***hands badw0lf a can of beer......***

Ohh that may exasperate the problem Kyrties
hehe

But cheers!! *cracks a can*

My profile details my .. ahh dilemma with cold beer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join