It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Missile Launched Off LA Coast [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Unexplained Missile Launched Off LA Coast [VIDEO]

www.aolnews.com

An unexplained missile shot across the sky off the coast of Los Angeles and was caught on video by a CBS News traffic helicopter during Monday night's rush hour. Today, the missile is still a mystery. A Navy spokesman told CBS affiliate KFMB that it was not theirs, and so far the Pentagon has not been able to explain it either. The missile was reportedly about 35 miles west of L.A. and just north of Catalina Island.

NBC's Pentagon correspondent, Jim Miklaszewski, reports that a missile laun
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
*I did a quick search to see if this is posted before and I found nothing so if it has already been posted please remove*

An expert interviewed in the video claims it could have been an intercontinental ballistic missile launch to warn Asia that yes, America can do that.

This is extremely odd and I would like the input of anyone that seen this event or know anything about it.

This has occured just a few days after the mysterious rocket launch over Phoenix, Arizona.

www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/9/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I cannot back this claim as it's just a rumor for now. With that said I am hearing rumors or whispers of rumors that this missile was a "warning" of sorts from China. Again I have nothing to back this rumor because at this point it is exactly that, but if true ...... wow! I do know that China did downgrade the US credit rating today to A+, and that seems like a pretty big coincidence to me based on the rumor.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

According to the expert in the video I provided he says it might be an intercontinental ballistic missile while Obama is in Asia to prove to Asia that yes, America can launch an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

At first glance I though the video might have something to do with this. But then i see that this happened yesterday??? WTF is going on around here?

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If thats true, then what happened during the meeting in china to warrant a muscle flex?

I always thought the US was already able to Launch ICBM's from subs. hmmm

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

For anyone that believes that China would get away with launching a missle from our coast... Apparently has lost grip on reality and has embraced fantasy.

That sub would be occupying space at the bottom of the ocean... Immediatly...

Its funny..Everyone calls the US war mongers... then believes we would sit by Idle as a missle is launched by a foreign govt... on our coast line..

Ill make this public knowledge.... If this turns out to be a chineese missle.. I will live sex free the rest of my life.

That is such a rediculous theory!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This has already been posted, but let the people decide what it could be. I wouldn't be suprised if Barry is trying to flex his muscle while over in Asia.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It has been posted 4 times now.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Early on in the report they said the Navy had no idea about it. Now if the Navy did know anything about it I am guessing they would have had canned answers ready to prevent panic. I am also wondering where China's secret nuclear submarine was when that launch took place. I definitely question if this was in fact our missile. I am thinking it was a show of force from China not from US. The world knows our military might. What the world doesn't know is China's.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Yeah well I am pretty sure that we wouldn't have any idea if it was from the secret nuclear Chinese sub since we have openly admitted that it can travel into our waters 100% undetected. Nope couldn't have been. Sorry, but I question all the spoon fed answers. I am surprised they didn't just write it off as a weather balloon that caught on fire, or some kids just playing with home made bottle rockets.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How in the world could the Navy claim they didn't do it when they launched the missile WESTWARD in eye shot of one of the world's largest population centers during daylight?

It's not a hobby rocket. It's big. It's real. They better cough up some answers, and do it quickly.

This was a threat of some kind, but from who, for who?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yep... this is serious business here...

Wow... time to take out the FOIA applications

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
'More on mystery missile launch off Calif. coast: FAA tells NBC it 'had not approved any commercial space launches in that area' at that time
about 1 hour ago via breakingnews.com'

and

'Pentagon spokesman on mystery missile: 'We've come up empty with any explanation,' but 'are not alarmed about this until we know more'
33 minutes ago via breakingnews.com '

www.twitter.com/breakingnews

sounds a bit strange........

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just heard this on regular radio and they claim NASA and the Military are perplexed. Do you really think thats true? I mean the news kind of implied it was by some source that was not supposed to do it. at least that was my take on it.

I am concerned about all these missiles, perhaps because Luke set off theirs it called out other sleeper cells to launch theirs?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Just so people know, you NEVER launch a missile towards the WEST to get things into orbit. So that means, whatever payload this missile was carrying was not intended for orbit, it was intended to intercept either an airborne or a ground target.

Now it's POSSIBLE that this was some sort of Naval accident or rogue action. That would explain the delay thus far in an official government statement of confirmation: They are crafting a cover story to release soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well the missle was launched in international waters wasn't it? So it could have been another country's missile right?

Where did it land? Has it landed yet?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Well the missle was launched in international waters wasn't it? So it could have been another country's missile right?

Where did it land? Has it landed yet?

No way, not that close to Los Angeles, and especially not without our government's approval (which we can conclude based on their denial of knowledge so far).

However, no matter what, I'd like to think that our military tracked said missile. With the amount of money they get for defense, and after 9/11, they better have tracked that thing.
edit on 9-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OH NOES, THE NORTH KOREANS HAVE SUBS OUTSIDE LA!!

THEY WANT REVENGE FOR 40 YEARS OF SANcTIONS

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

According to a congressional defense analyst, China is trying to acquire, and may well already possess, submarine-launched, supersonic land-attack cruise missiles -- weapons which, when deployed by Chinese navy submarines, could shower U.S. coastal cities with nuclear-tipped stealth missiles in a surprise attack that may not be detected until the first bombs are detonated. The Russian NPO Mashinostroyenya "Yahont" (NATO SS-N-26) missile "was put on sale in August during a Russian air show," said Richard D. Fisher, a defense analyst working for Rep. Chris Cox, R-Calif. Fisher, who attended the air show in Moscow, told WorldNetDaily that the Russians openly bragged about having sold the weapon system to a major world power. Both Fisher and Aviation Week and Space Technology confirm that China was by far the most likely customer. The new Chinese navy missile is intended to fly at very low altitude to defeat radar detection, and strike its target at supersonic speed. No Western nation currently has such a weapon. In fact, the only similar weapon, an underwater version of the nuclear-armed U.S. Tomahawk cruise missile, has been withdrawn from service.

Source

According to this China is way past what most thought was capable. They have undetectable missiles according to the article. In fact our own defense analyst said that we probably wouldn't even know they launched it until the first bomb goes off.

edit on 11/9/2010 by SpaDe_ because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join