It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those feeling dred and Doom, fear not please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am touching on the subjects of the prediction and depression threads of late. Perhaps this should go into the philosophy forum, so be it. Not in my control.

"Grant me the serenity, to accept the things i can not control, the power to control the things i can....and the wisdom to know the difference."

Interesting history that mantra which has been adopted by many.

What will be will be. Yes we are living in a time that induces much fear, uncertainty and even dread. Why so many predictions? Not much unlike how the clinical depressed fantasies about death for relief of pain, hopelessness and fear, many others dream for complete mayhem of all sorts to bring in a new beginning, or a Saviour even a benevolent beinng...or perhaps a God of one faith or another to rid the earth of sure desolation.

As a result of the immense uncertainty and pressures mankind faces in this age of runnaway mega ego and greed, the mind is pushed to the brink. Untold thousands on medications, battling addiction from self medicating, putting on a brave face just trying to keep the generational dysfunction together.....

Surrender, in essence give up the show. Just know that at this moment in time, you are doing all you need to do. Today is your day and that is all that matters. Tomorrow is another day a new page, one that you have not yet turned to and have no control over. When you lay down at night, close the book. When tomorrow comes bask in that moment, accept it, crumple up yesterdays page and throw it over your shoulder.... how can you move forward when looking back. Live in the moment.

Learning to live in the moment may be foreign, but take the time to pause often, take a deep breath. Thoughtfulness. Feel the oxygen rich air coming into your nose filling your lungs....exhale...feel the worries and stress of the day leave with your breath....Feel the sun on your face, listen to a bird in the distance, notice a pet playing, smell every smell, taste every taste....repel the noise outside ...ignore the noise from within. Ponder inquisitively, positively on every moment.

Love yourself today, if you dont....tell lies to yourself about all your great qualities. If you cant come up with possitive affirmationsstart with a gratitude list. Eventually the positive brainwashing will take hold, you will actually believe the truth. The truth that other people have been telling you all the long yet fell on deaf ears. You may have actually turned those people away and surrounded yourself with solitude. And the truth is, only you can help you. Recognize the critique in you...and tell it to go to hell.

Learn the the power of acceptance by embracing the power of acceptance you can endure absolutely everything. This is a zen like quality that once tasted will empower you to new levels of inner peace.

End of the world?!?! Bah..who cares!!!!!!!!!

(i don't want to sound like a preacher but these are just some things that helped me to heal from life long chronic depression, insecurity fear and anxiety for most of my life...now free from all of that including medications for 3 years. Today is all that matters. And no matter how bad that day may be....i dwell on a moment of goodness)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

No doubt about what you said!

Today I watched a blind woman navigate a busy intersection, make her way through a construction zone yet walk straighter than I could.

It seems to me that positive messages are making themselves known to those that need it and want it. You really got to want to receive to receive. If you are firewalled from the good things in life, they can't get in.

As for doom and gloom. I'm perfectly ready for whatever comes, however & whenever it comes. It is all really a moment in time and time only exists for those that watch it and are governed by it. I've got forever!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

No doubt about what you said!

Today I watched a blind woman navigate a busy intersection, make her way through a construction zone yet walk straighter than I could.

It seems to me that positive messages are making themselves known to those that need it and want it. You really got to want to receive to receive. If you are firewalled from the good things in life, they can't get in.

As for doom and gloom. I'm perfectly ready for whatever comes, however & whenever it comes. It is all really a moment in time and time only exists for those that watch it and are governed by it. I've got forever!

Some would not think twice about seeing a blind women, kudos for not only noticing her but marveling in her abilities, empathizing with her struggles and exercising your gratitude in what possibly could have been a bad day.
edit on 9-11-2010 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I forgot to mention mindfulness and could only think of thoughtfulness in the OP

Mindfulness......
its good stuff

"Bishop et al. (2004:232) regard psychological "mindfulness", broadly conceptualized, as "a kind of nonelaborative, nonjudgmental, present-centered awareness in which each thought, feeling, or sensation that arises in the attentional field is acknowledged and accepted as it is". They propose a two-component operational definition of "mindfulness".
The first component involves the self-regulation of attention so that it is maintained on immediate experience, thereby allowing for increased recognition of mental events in the present moment. The second component involves adopting a particular orientation toward one’s experiences in the present moment, an orientation that is characterized by curiosity, openness, and acceptance. (2004:232)
The former mindfulness component of self-regulated attention involves conscious awareness of one's current thoughts, feelings, and surroundings, which can result in metacognitive skills for controlling concentration. The latter mindfulness component of orientation to experience involves accepting one's mindstream, maintaining open and curious attitudes, and thinking in alternative categories (developing upon Ellen Langer's research on decision-making)."

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Here's one for you, i hope you enjoy and is a pause to contemplate
www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-11-2010 by trika3000 because: error

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Interesting video and opening thoughts and song, both where nice thanks. Will watch agian to glean more.
I tend to leave out a higher power reference because i can not attribute my healing to one. The power i was able to find from within from concepts that did i did not originate from me. Though i struggle with my beliefs in the higher power i choose to leave that out to reach a broader demographics.

edit on 9-11-2010 by The Great Day because: tried to imbed vid, rewatched vid

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The Great Day,

What is missing in all of it is True Watchmen. It is great to have a good watchdog at our homes, one that sees trouble coming and barks when any who are trouble are coming up the walk. But that dog will lay still and wag his tail at an approching one who is no danger. Verses are KJV.

Eze 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
Eze 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

What we have is a bunch of dumb dogs so to speak that don't know when to bark.

Isa 56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
Isa 56:11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

Today I don't know what the ratio is but we know it is far greater of the number in the above two verses.

Just watch for the True Watchman because he has been sent for our benefit.

Jer 44:4 Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.

We are in great need these days for such as this day has come as spoken by Amos.

Am 8:11 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

I just say it is wake up time for the people of God.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Thank you for your insight on Ezekiel prophecy, i think i get your point.

But as i mentioned before i do not want to turn this into a religious discussion. Though if ones faith is strong enough to find solace in their Gods promises and actually heal defective thinking which causes depression anxiety and addictions, thats fantastic.

But i can tell you there are many people that are held back in personal development and emotional healing and continue to struggle with insecurities and emotional pain despite their faith, because they rely to much on a miracle rather then digging to get to the root of emotional /anxiaty issues.

I will wait for The Great Day....but in the mean time continue to practice the tools of healthy thinking.

top topics

join