It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

The trail in this video looks NOTHING like any Jet Contrail I've seen. Sit at any Airport near the LAX and watch planes take off all day, all month if you wish. NONE will appear like this.

This one does taken Dec 31 Laguna Beach. Notice that it too gets darker, not lighter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/419326e35abf.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Here's the best video I have come across so far.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'd also like to show the original CBS article

KFMB showed video of the apparent missile to former U.S. Ambassador to NATO Robert Ellsworth, who is also a former Deputy Secretary of Defense, to get his thoughts.

Scroll down for KFMB video showing the launch.

"It's spectacular… It takes people's breath away," said Ellsworth, calling the projectile, "a big missile".

Deputy Secretary of Defense for NATO even called it a big missile... this is a man who would know.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I'd also like to show the original CBS article

KFMB showed video of the apparent missile to former U.S. Ambassador to NATO Robert Ellsworth, who is also a former Deputy Secretary of Defense, to get his thoughts.

Scroll down for KFMB video showing the launch.

"It's spectacular… It takes people's breath away," said Ellsworth, calling the projectile, "a big missile".

Deputy Secretary of Defense for NATO even called it a big missile... this is a man who would know.

Ah, but what does he know!
...oh, wait.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

This video is for me the one that convinces me it's a plane. Also, an unannounced missile launch, this day and age, would have sparked a big response.
edit on 10-11-2010 by spurge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Once more folks: NAVAREA XII 453/2010

That confirms it was PROBABLY a planned rocket test, from a US facility.

The only question is: why is nobody owning up to it? There was a test for later that day from the same facility. Why early? Is is possible to have 2 firings within ... 3 hours?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Here's the best video I have come across so far.

Now THAT looks like a plane. Especially toward the end where the contrail tapers off and the red haze from the sun is reflected on the vapor. THAT looks normal.

I didn't see that video before. All I saw was the short clips similar to the OP's. If that's the same event, then it's definitely a plane. IMO

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If it were a contrail or an ordinary plane it would have been debunked by the Pentagon/FAA/Norad within the first few hours.

But no, nothing at this point.

They are lying.

A few things.

US pissing off China again by selling AH-64 attack helicopters to Taiwan

Since 1996, the Chinese army has not stopped its acts of atomic-tipped aggression and intimidation. For example, two years after firing missiles at Taiwan, Gen. Xiong, then second in command of the People's Liberation Army, threatened to vaporize Los Angeles.
Probably not true since it's from Newsmax. But eh.

Invisible Chinese submarines

Also I think this was posted on ATS..

I know I am going to get blown out of the water with this, but I'm going to share it anyways. I will give you the precursor to my conversation for the purposes of context.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. I left work at 5:30 AZ time from Scottsdale, AZ. I entered Shea Blvd. approximately 5:37 PM from 70th St. I turned and headed west on Shea. To the direct west /southwest I noted a smoke plume that started at the ground and continued up to some type of aircraft. I immediately knew this was NOT a jet aircraft since the smoke plume started at ground level. The smoke plume was extremely thick, much like the space shuttle would produce. Within minutes this aircraft appeared to me, to be on the edge of the atmosphere. Don't ask me how I know, I am just giving you my interpretation. I am a licensed pilot and have been an aviation buff most of my life.

I managed to snap a few pics of the smoke plume with my cell phone. I will up load them later. At this point my first guess was that this aircraft originated near Luke AFB based on where where the smoke plume originated.

I arrived home at my normal time, about 5:50 PM. I took my wife out back to show her the plume. She was freaked out about it as well. She then said, "why don't I call John Doe?". I said, "yea, get him on the phone, I'd like to hear what he has to say". John Doe is obviously a pseudonym to protect my source. He is in the Air Force and works at Luke AFB. My wife got John on the phone, I told him what I saw and said this had to be rocket powered. He simply said, "your'e correct. You do know they're retiring the space shuttle, right?" and I replied, "yes". He said, well, what you saw is the latest technology, it is rocket powered and it is orbital. It is to replace the space shuttle.

So, I began voicing my concern given that Obama was in India with the entire Whitehouse staff and a battery of warships. I said, something is going on. He simply said, "yes, something is going on". I went on to tell him about the USGS data posted here recently that almost simultaneously triggered every seismic sensor in the US and in fact across the world. He confirmed there was an event. I said, "was it natural" and he said "no". I said was it nuclear and he said, "yes, but unintentional". I said, "what country?" and he replied, "guess". I said "India" and he said, "yes". I inquired "an accident?" and he replied, "yes". I inquired, "in a silo" and he replied, "yes".

I asked him if there was anything to worry about, he said, "not yet, not stateside". He said Obama was there for containment and this is a HUGE deal. You will NOT read about this nuclear event on the news. But this is an event of epic proportion.

That is virtually my entire conversation. I asked questions based on my own common sense and he answered "yes" or "no". This clearly explains why Obama took his entire staff as well as a fleet of warships, etc. This also explains why we are being distracted with "mail bombs" and such on the news. It also explains the seismic event that nobody seems to want to report in the news.

This is what I know, this is what I was told by a fighter pilot from Luke AFB. Believe it or don't. I'm just throwing it out there.

This whole thing was NOT a contrail or a normal plane.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spurge

A plane..which climbs vertically? it's not a contrail, and it's too small to be an aircraft..besides what aircraft do you know that has boost stage ignition?...can someone confirm whether after the boost if it enter midcourse phase?...seems to be a little short.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spurge

It has sparked a huge response from most global news orgs.

Rather funny the Navy issued a " INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS " broadcast warning just prior to the incident too.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
It’s either a plane, that the FAA and domestic institutes aren’t admitting too.
Or its a missile, be it fired from friend or foe no one knows. But we, and our allies aren’t admitting up to it.

It cannot be one of our missiles, as it’s a requirement to file a NOTAM with the FAA to ensure that civil aviators do not fly into harms way.

There would be no reason for the FAA to not admit to it being an aircraft, other then the fact they wouldn't have noticed it if it was. They would only notice it if it was something out of the ordinary that they were not expecting. The fact that they are saying they didn't see anything further proves that it was most likely a normal aircraft.

There is the possibility that it was some sort of cruise missile that was flying parallel to the ground, but I doubt that as you can clearly make out the green navigation light flashing in video. Again, a NOTAM has to be filed with the FAA for cruise missile testing so an air corridor can be restricted for it. The other possibility is that it was some sort of high speed stealth military jet or rocket aircraft flying back from testing over the ocean.

My bets are personally on a normal aircraft however.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Flight was already posted US Air flight 808 was in the right place at the right time, at the right altitude and was captured again tonight... it's in the thread

Having become convinced myself (after a little initial uncertainty) that this was simply a contrail from an airliner flying in from the Pacific (most likely from Hawaii to an inland airport) I was about to ask if anyone had checked flight data. Needn't have worried. Case solved

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

They have also tested the laser cannon at San Nicolas.

BZZAP! Navy Laser On Target For 2018

As for truth, I suppose Iraq still has buried nukes for some.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Last month the excuse for the ICBM missile shutdown was " equipment malfunction ". Now " sabre rattling to impress Asia ". I bet a dollar to a donut...the cheese in charge will say " just a plane in the evening sky" and all will be forgiven and forgotten.... We.might as well go back to the days of balloons and swamp gas!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Thats not the same event..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kc dakota
reply to post by windwaker

Last month the excuse for the ICBM missile shutdown was " equipment malfunction ". Now " sabre rattling to impress Asia ". I bet a dollar to a donut...the cheese in charge will say " just a plane in the evening sky" and all will be forgiven and forgotten.... We.might as well go back to the days of balloons and swamp gas!!

Go back to?
I wasn't aware we ever left those days.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Once more folks: NAVAREA XII 453/2010

That confirms it was PROBABLY a planned rocket test, from a US facility.

The only question is: why is nobody owning up to it? There was a test for later that day from the same facility. Why early? Is is possible to have 2 firings within ... 3 hours?

If you're referring to a specific NOTAMS, what is the altitude range of the keep-out zone?

For a missile/rocket, it's always surface to unlimited,
for a/c ops it's surface to FL039.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Crutchley29
A plane..which climbs vertically?

That is an optical illusion as the craft is coming over the horizon. If it were going vertically then the contrail would get lighter as it went into higher altitudes and the sun was able to shine on it from over the horizon.

and it's too small to be an aircraft..

Impossible to tell without knowing its exact altitude and distance from the camera.

besides what aircraft do you know that has boost stage ignition?

What evidence do you see of that? If you mean the bend in the trail near the ground, that can simply be a course change.

You do also realize that the reason that NASA’s rockets leave such a large contrail is that its steam from the noise abatement systems water tank dump at launch. Normal rockets such as those used in places like Russia and China leave almost no visible trail at all behind them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here's some links to my recent opinionating:

BLOGS // Tech Talk // Mystery Missile Wasn't a Missile at All
POSTED BY: James Oberg / Tue, November 09, 2010

staging.spectrum.ieee.org...

Interview on LA channel 4 (NBC), several comments part of a 3-min excellent piece
www.nbclosangeles.com...

direct link to video: www.nbclosangeles.com...

and note this comment to the TV item, confirming Zorgon (attaboy, matey!):
Comment:
GKIIKH // 9:12 PM, 11.9.10 // Simmer down, simmer down now...saw it last night as well as the adjacent-to-the-North- rectanangle 'reflection'. First thought-Vandenberg, next thought contrail...Did anyone bother to look tonight? Guess what? more contrails! DUH, it's atmospheric! not extraterestrial and not unusual...GHIIKH

edit on 10-11-2010 by JimOberg because: added material

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

2 weeks ago the USA lost contact with multiple weapons in the northern area's of the USA.
2 weeks later, we have a missile launch of the western seaboard. Maybe the US didnt authorize it, but it is one of theres. Hell, maybe a country hacked control and launched it?

Its not a plane, thats my opinion.

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join