It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to say its the flight from Hawaii. NORAD, Space Command tracks everything in the U.S. and this was on their radars so its all good. No missile.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
1993:

The Loral catalog of weapons for sale included the ARMY MLRS
missile, the AIM-9 Sidewinder and the Chaparral air defense
missile. In addition, the Loral catalog offered the very latest
in electronics

1999:

The Chinese military took quick notice of the U.S. carriers, and in 1999 the communist army Office of the Central Military Command wrote a report on future nuclear combat with the United States.

"China is not only a big country, but also possesses a nuclear arsenal that has long since been incorporated into the state warfare system and played a real role in our national defense," states the Chinese military commission report.

"During last crisis across the Taiwan Straits, the U.S. tried to blackmail us with their aircraft carrier(s), but when their spy satellites confirmed that our four nuclear submarines which used to be stationed at Lushun Harbor had disappeared, those politicians addicted to the Taiwan card could not imagine how worried their military commanders were," notes the Chinese army report.

2002:

Chinese general told threat against U.S.
unacceptable
By Bill Gertz
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The White House told a visiting Chinese general yesterday that
comments he made in 1995 suggesting China would use nuclear
weapons against Los Angeles were unacceptable.

2010:

mysterious missile launch off the southern California coast

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I'm gonna have to say its the flight from Hawaii. NORAD, Space Command tracks everything in the U.S. and this was on their radars so its all good. No missile.

Please provide evidence it was a flight from Hawaii and dont post links from phage.

Since no plane believers is providing any real evidence hardcore proof of evidence then this thread is going no where, what the plane believers are doing are only making speculation and behaving like experts.

three days passed I will say this once more

No passengers came forward No pilots came forward by now they would have heard it that there plane made headlines news around the world by there family or friends.

edit on 11-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sprtpilot

Yes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e2e2f42ada3.gif[/atsimg]

Why does pic 1 (which you didn't include) clearly show a contrail above the clouds that is absent in other pics?
If the cameraman is stationary as it appears then the contrail can not just dissapear.
abclocal.go.com.../local/los_angeles&id=7776159&photo=1

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sprtpilot

Yes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e2e2f42ada3.gif[/atsimg]

Well done

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
what the plane believers are doing are only making speculation and behaving like experts.

Sir or Madam, that could be said about the missile believers also.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporterwhat the plane believers are doing are only making speculation and behaving like experts.

Sir or Madam, That could be said about the missile believers also.

That implies the same for you plane believers.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Care to look at pic one in that series and explain to me why the contrail was above the clouds then dissapeared?
Doesn't seem right but maybe it's another optical illusion I'm unaware of.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Come on, this has been explained, and is NOT a valid "argument"...

No passengers came forward

HOW would they know??? They could NOT have seen the contrail, from onboard the airplane! ANY of them who said they could, would be shown as a fool....

No pilots came forward by now they would have heard ...

Yeah, probably heard and laughing at the "missile" idea!!

And, no....they would not come out publicly, not if the company didn't want the publicity. However, give it some time, who knows? If the airline thinks they could play this for free advertising, you might see it, just not right away. Lawyers and stuff, you know......
edit on 11 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, for me that last set of pictures taken close to dusk proves that it must be a plane, and I don't say that lightly.

From the time I saw the original video on Drudge on Tuesday morning, to about 150 pages into this thread, I was convinced it was a missile, here is what changed my mind:

IF the last set of pictures were not altered, and IF they are of the same event then notice how dark it has gotten in LA and that the low lying cloud in the foreground is dark, but the contrail close to the horizon is brightly lit. So think about it logically, if the contrail was from a missile launch then the portion of it near the horizon would be low altitude and dark like the cloud in the foreground.

But it's not, it's brightly lit, which suggests to me the portion of the contrail near the horizon must be at a high enough altitude that the sun (which has set) still reflects off it therefore the entire contrail is at high altitude which tells me it's a plane.

Zorgon's point about the 10 minutes of monitoring got me leaning, but what I stated above about the brightly lit contrail pushes me over the fence.

So unless someone can logically explain why the portion of the contrail near the horizon isn't dark like the low altitude portion of a missile's contrail should be, then I have to side with the "it's a plane" camp.

But damn I thought that thing was a missile! (not disappointed that it wasn't, just disappointed in my mis-perception of the event)
edit on 11-11-2010 by DrZERO because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just curious, but why does the object in that sequence of images appear to be drifting along with the contrail?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Care to look at pic one in that series and explain to me why the contrail was above the clouds then dissapeared?

Someone explain this for me please...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes.
Contrails do disappear when the atmospheric conditions are not cold enough and/or moist enough to support persistence. The plane flew into warmer/drier air so the contrail became short lived.

This video also shows it as it happened.
www.necn.com...

edit on 11/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I really think this is important. And still no new posts from her, no response U2U. And the mod who removed the thread I started about this said "she's on every day".

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

The Forum Moderator greeneyedleo who posted originally on page 8 that she had info firsthand from someone regarding this incident hasn't posted anything on ATS since 11:15am Wednesday morning. Her original post on page 8 was edited and now says nothing, except that it was edited. Where is she? Has anyone heard from her. Could something have happened to her?

Just sayin'.

edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: Was Wednesday morning, not Tuesday morning she posted last

edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

So I just started a thread asking this question because I'm a little worried about greeneyedleo since she posted that her aquantance had direct firsthand knowlege of what he said was a "launch". The thread was almost immediatlty removed by another moderator who suggested that if I needed to contact her I should U2U her. I also U2Ued her.

Just a concerned member.

Just thought I'd remind people of this.
Still no return U2U from greeneyedleo.

link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Emphasis mine.

I think its just drifted with the clouds. Theres not much vapor trail to be seen"above the cloud", unless Im missing something here... could be a matter of perspective

link   
reply to post by dneudecker

The winds aloft are much faster and stronger then they are on the surface. Airplanes are easily pushed aside by them.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can you post that first pic. I dont know how.
It doesn't look like a dissapating contrail to me. Looks pretty solid.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberspy

Really? That much though?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Cyberspy

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporterwhat the plane believers are doing are only making speculation and behaving like experts.

Sir or Madam, That could be said about the missile believers also.

That implies the same for you plane believers.

Come on now this sounds like my kids......"I know you are but what am I"

On topic I have seen ALOT of proof, plenty of photo's and good technical testimony regarding a plane. Regarding a missile....not so much, mostly the "I can't believe people think it's a plane" type of comment. I was leaning missile but it makes no sense. All these saber rattling theories are least likely compared to....a plane.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I think its just drifted with the clouds. Theres not much vapor trail to be seen"above the cloud", unless Im missing something here... could be a matter of perspective

Not the pics phage posted but from the source. Pic 1 has a very clear complete contrail above the clouds.
abclocal.go.com...

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join