It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry, secret or not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Ok i'll reframe the question for the honorable member, does freemasonry have anything to do with witchcraft?
Or any satanic doctrines in it?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Now that is a more direct question. I have read many acccounts by those that proffess to having been in the Masons that would say yes. However, the overwhelming number of ex-members and current members would say, and me included, a resounding no. To add to that, if I ever come accross anything, during my time in Freemasonry, and I do mean internal sources, that would indicate such activities, I would feel honour bound to resign.

I know that my not be excatly the answer you wanted, but in all honesty my friend, it is the best answer I can give. I hope you understand.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

A true Mason in his work inspires others, understands others, reasons with others, helps others, appreciates others and yet may even disagree without being disagreeable.
Agreed.

I spent last Friday at the funeral of my stepfathers, father. He passed away the previous Saturday at the ripe old age of 86. He was also the head of his lodge in the SE suburbs of Melbourne for many years, and long time member of the RSL.

I knew him quite well but heard more about his good deeds from other family members, as he was a humble man who was well schooled, well traveled and always full of good humor.

There was nothing sinister about this man and he had earned much respect stemming from his war days which included saving the lives of injured and dying Japanese soldiers even drawing ridicule from some of his own lads, who preferred to let them die. After the war he continued to support disabled soldiers not just paying for various medical aids out of his own pocket, but devoting lots of his personal time at the hospitals simply being there to support and cheer these guys up. This continued up until he became ill.

My point is, he walked the walk. There may be self serving Masons out there, just like self serving Catholics or self serving Muslims or self serving anybodies! He lived his life honestly and charitably, and the funeral service reminded everybody there that day, that a good man passed on.

Nice, refreshing post OP. S+F.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

Hi. Cool nickname. I wish I had thought of that first, but then, I am a typical whinging pomme.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Oh I understand fully.
You must understand it from my point of view.
After reading Morals & Dogma by Albert Pike aswell as other sources of information, I have to say freemasonry is witchcraft and has satanic doctrines in it.
Albert Pike is very respected in Masonic circles Is Morals & Dogma a lie then?
If it is then why would a 33% Grandmaster be lying to the readers?
Is it to deceive?
Do you know what im talking about?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I know exactly what you are talking about. However, books are the author's thoughts and points of view, not necessarily those of others in the same organisation. Additional, and I am not accusing you, some take those wrtten words out of contxt or simply misinterpret. Masonry holds the belief in one creator, regadless of your religious bents. Perhaps this fact has been taken out of context, I cannot tell.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Hi. Cool nickname. I wish I had thought of that first, but then, I am a typical whinging pomme.

Cheers mate, at the time i couldn't come up with a funky name like "KingDingaling" or "Nerdblaster2000", so i just whacked my occupation up there......with a twist, of course!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I cannot ignore the fact that Albert Pike writes that all freemasons from a certian degree should follow the satanic doctrine.
That to me cannot be misinterpreted, sorry.
So like any major organization, the ones at the bottom dont know what the ones at the top are really doing.
This is why I always disagree with freemasons. They will defend whatever lie they think is true.
Another scenario -
four friends are sitting down having a drink. They are talking about religion and theology. They talk about things that a freemason might know. Out of the four friends, one of them is a freemason. They are all rambling about something that one guy at the table might know the answer too. But he chooses to stay quiet. A secret.
I would not remain quiet. I would tell my friends so they do not worry and so they know, like me.
I will teach a man how to fish, not give him one fish.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

So you are actually an operative mason. I could do with you at my house. I recently bought an old house near Toulouse. The orinal part of the house dates back to over 400 years ago and was home to the village communual oven. People would bring their dough and food and all cook it together. It is a hugh dome with a surface area of about 6 sq metres. I would love to restore the dome and convert it into a home cinema. But, hey, what do I know? I am an aerospace engineer. LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from. To put it simplisticly, aliken it to a frat club or a boys gang. The secrets they keep give their group an identity. See how solicitors and medical proffessionals use latin to confound the uninitiated? Think of Masonry Secrets in that light. As has bee said countless times, we are a society with secrets, not the other way around.

I will not subscribe to devil worship.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am a freemason with an interest in the occult.

However, as with LoneArcher, if I ever came across anything in that were contrary to the morals and values taught in the Holy Books (of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc, which, in my opinion, all teach the same values), or if there was anything that I would be ashamed to tell my parents, children or wife, I would resign without hesitation.

edit on 8/11/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

For sure. I spend most of my time working a quarry and working with raw stone, breaking boulders down to slate paving and walling stone, then a lot of cutting, shaping, bullnosing etc.

I can lay and build up to a point, but most of those beautiful old places like you have over in Europe need very specific work and quite frankly, the best masons are over there (France, Italy etc.)

We even had to get some Italian masons over here to repair a very old Cathedral near where i live! But i'd love to get over and check those old castles and churches out, you always learn something new.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

If you ever get the chance to visit France, may I suggest Carcassonne and Cord sur Ciel. They are steeped in history and have been maintained beautifuly.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
A scenario -
A group of Masons meet. One of them works for the Government, the other is a plumbing contracter.
So the guy who works for the Government says "Hey Bill, just reminding you that in January 'so and so' are begining construction, you might want to bring in the new pipe system".
When they announce the project, guy Nº2 has already brought in the pipe system or given the project by a fellow Mason.
This is NOT honorable. That is a conspiracy. That is monopoly.
That is a fact.

sounds a lot like networking to me.

no different than polish/german/french etc clubs.
edit on 8-11-2010 by jickler because: adding

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Does the symbol of the 'One Eye' have anything to do with freemasonry?
You just wrote that if freemasonry goes against what is written in the holy books then you will resign.
Pack your bags...
In the Qu'ran, it says, The Dajal (satan) has one eye. He sees through the left eye, which symbolizes that the dajal does not see with his heart, the right eye.
God sees with both.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jickler

Yep, you said it.
The corrupt are all the same.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Corruption, you hit the nail on the head there. There is corruption in every organisation. I would like to think that I hold the true values of Freemasonry. If, I for one, was to encounter corruption within my Lodge, I would have no worries about reporting it. Corruption has no place here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Definitely! I still have to head over to the U.K. first. My old man was born down in Dorset and i've got an uncle and cousins i still have to catch up with. Been telling them i'll turn up some time, but work and family are my priorities at the moment (my son's only 16 months old).

When i do, you can be sure i'll hire something with a turbo and hit the tunnel quick smart......well either that or a leisurely cruise on the ferry!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Here my friend. Have a quick read of this:

THE ALL-SEEING EYE

The monotheistic concept in Masonry of the Great Architect of the
Universe is forcefully manifested in the symbolism of the All-Seeing
Eye. This powerful symbol, which constantly searches the soul and
looks into the heart of very Mason, is a reminder of the omnipresence
of God, and of His omnipotence which sustains, regulates and
coordinates everything, from the smallest atom of the universe to the
largest and most distant galaxy of suns, in that perfect rhythm of
celestial harmony.
That the organ of sight, the beholder of light, should have been chosen
as the emblem of this powerful symbol is most natural. So far as is
known, it was used most anciently by the Egyptians in their mysteries
and hieroglyphic recordings. It was also known and used by the
Hebrews.
Again referring to Mackey (12.) We find:
“The All-Seeing Eye. An important symbol of the Supreme Being,
borrowed by the Freemasons from the nations of antiquity. Both the
Hebrews and the Egyptians appear to have derived its use from the
natural inclination of figurative minds to select an organ as the symbol
of the function which it is intended peculiarly to discharge... On the
same principle the Egyptians represented Osiris, their chief deity, by
the symbol of an open eye and placed this hieroglyphic of him in all
their temples. His symbolic name, on the monuments, was
represented by the eye accompanying a throne, to which was
sometimes added an abbreviated figure of the god, and sometimes
what has been called a hatchet, but which may as correctly be
supposed to be a representation of a square.
“The All-Seeing Eye may then be considered as a symbol of God
manifested in His omnipresence — His guardian and preserving
character — to which Solomon alludes in the book of Proverbs, when
he says (XV:3), “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the
evil and the good.’ It is a symbol of the Omnipotent Deity.”

I hope this answers your question.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well, if you are ever down that way, drop me a U2U.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join