It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs of the Spanish Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Just got finished reading this great article about UFOs of the Spanish Civil War.

The Spanish Civil War took place in the last half of the 1930s, so the accounts are of some value because they predate what we think of as the UFO age. Here's a snippet:

It was half past eleven o'clock on the evening of July 25, 1938. The witnesses (a lieutenant and his aide) were descending down a gully located in the town of La Alcarria. Suddenly, a powerful white light drew their attention. Shortly after the light was extinguished, a disk-shaped object some 11 meters long and 5 meters high appeared before their eyes. The disk which was some 60 meters away from them, appeared to be suspended at some two meters over the ground. The witnesses described it as: "two plates joined on their convex sides, separated by a line or section of a darker color." Furthermore, the object's lower section had a sort of column which descended very slowly and appeared to contain two humanoid figures.

Very fascinating indeed. With all the talk lately about military sightings, disclosure and cover up, etc, its important to realize that plenty of pre-Cold War military sightings are still public record. And not just the lame ones either!

I wonder what makes us think that sightings like these humanoids and all just magically stopped around the time of the cold-war when it comes to the military, etc.

On that note, what attraction to UFO's have toward war? It seems that some of the most up close and personal encounters throughout history have come during battles. Is it the confusion that causes people to see things that aren't there? Are the aliens watching us kill eachother like some great cosmic fireworks show?

Just food for thought. Enjoy the read.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

.... It seems that some of the most up close and personal encounters throughout history have come during battles. Is it the confusion that causes people to see things that aren't there? Are the aliens watching us kill eachother like some great cosmic fireworks show?

Just food for thought. Enjoy the read.

While reading your post I had a bright moment of thought.. a rarity for me as I get older, lol.

Anyway, I know from experience that when we are in threat of life or other such scenario that time appears to slow down, we become far more alert and often in that space we are able to see/hear/sense things that exist in higher levels of the spectrum that we are normally unable to perceive in our mundane awareness.

I thought this may go some way to explaining the things you asked about.

ps.. not sure if Spectrum is the correct term to use.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

that is a very good point! i didn't even think of factoring that in. i know exactly what you're saying. its like how when you're in a car wreck and stuff slows down and you become aware of the strangest little things and will remember them much longer. maybe we're being watched all the time and only when stuff gets heavy do we register their existence.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Another interesting case. Even through the confusing shadows of the various trains of thought, it seems that myriad areas of compelling research are starting to come together. Another possibility as to their interest in our military excursions could be considered theoretically that they are the overseers of strife rather than mere observers. Divide & conquer perhaps? S&F.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In 1939 might be possible for the Tesla airship to be used.
He was talking about it for years.
Of course nothing official yet.
And never will be because all the Tesla talkers will be shown
taking the truth and the government as lairs all along for years.

new topics

top topics

join