It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is being surrounded by the U.S. military, what's next?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Out of all the threads posted here, the contents of this one is the most likely candidate to produce real events that will put humanity and modern living at risk. The potential for something nasty happening is very real. In any event, the threat posed by a nuclear equipped Iran will ultimately have to be dealt with.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I believe the U.S. is bankrupt and only has two options on the table: war with Iran or face sever economic depression. The U.S. needs the oil Iran produces to be able to stabilize the economy for several more years. The oil from Iraq and Afg. is not enough anymore, it has helped postpone the economic crises for a few years but eventually it's not enough anymore.

So, in my opinion, attack Iran and get their oil with risking war war 3 to stabilize the economy for several more years or see your country fall into a third world country.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Funny that he was never seen to say anything about killing anybody lol, and the only interview where he might have said something that sounds that evil was, he wished for the ZIONIST REGIME, not americans, not the french, or the brits lol.

Oh and i think hes got the right to be pissed off, and has the right to not let other counries meddle in there affairs, The US and iran have been enemies since the Sha of Iran lost the power.

He does sound crazy most of the times, but they all do sound crazy to me

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Has anyone notice that the U.S. military is surrounding Iran.

The U.S. has military presence in:

Turkey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Yemen
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan

All countries surround Iran and major military presence in Iran's border countries with Iraq and Afg.

Is the U.S. playing a chess game by moving all their pieces into place before striking Iran?

Yes, I have noticed and I think that is exactly it...a chess game, but what is the real purpose? Is Iran really the threat they are made out to be?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The US cannot afford another war, yet it cannot afford not to have one.

The initial outlay could put the US so far under it has zero chance of recovering. I believe the US to be intentionally lagging behind, hoping other nations get involved (Israel for example). The US is probably waiting for Iran to attack someone so they can justify a joint attack to the international community. That, or they will sabotage Iran's power plant (Maybe Stuxnet was an attempt), cause the world to ban any nuclear trade with or assistance to Iran. The US will either manipulate others into acting (False flag?) or flat out nuke Iran and deal with the consequences later.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

I don't disagree that he has a right to be upset. I don't completely disagree that the West has meddled in Middle Eastern affairs. The West found the oil that has produced their wealth, developed the infrastructure used to access and develop that oil, provides most of the means for transporting that oil and has been the biggest customer for that oil. All developed nations have a key strategic interest in the area, because of the oil.

A series of aggressive anti-western leaders throughout the region have tried to use that oil as a gun to our heads and in addition made threatening remarks about the West, funded groups that have targeted the Western Nations and our allies. And overtly threatened the destruction of a key ally in the region.

I feel that we have a right to protect our security. It hasn't been planned that out that we find oil beneath the feet of an undeveloped, dark ages hot spot of religious fervor. There are counter points to all of the arguments on both sides.

It looks like neither of can budge for one reason or another and now this guy is waiving threats of destruction around as if we will just walk away and cry in our milk.

I think we have few options other than denying him nuclear capabilities because it serves our security interests, those of Israel and Saudi Arabia and several other key nations that support the bid to prevent Iran from gaining that capability.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It is big oil trying to protect their markets nothing more. Iran has been selling oil for Euros and other currency causing the decline in the dollar. Iraq did the same thing and look what happened to them. Oil has become the de facto backing for the dollar and probably the only reason it has not crashed yet. If Iran is not stopped the dollar will crash. So there is no question Iran will be attacked at some point. My guess is most likely by Israel and US military are there to prevent the blocking of the straights of Hormez or whatever they are called and contain things with in Irans borders which would cripple the flow of oil.

The US rogue government probably cut a deal with Russia and that is why they have not attacked yet but if a deal has been made and Russia gave the ok that they would not intervene in any way then they are now putting the pieces in place leading up to an attack.

My other guess is we will see some false flag like a dirty bomb tied to Iran or they will be tied to the supposed Yemen Terrorism. The CIA is probably mid operation right now to inflame people enough against Iran to justify an attack and the whole Yemen thing is part of that.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

the jet fuel that Israel "purchased" (was given) by U.S. has an expiration date and it is rapidly approaching. The Jet fuel degrades over time. That would place them in a situation where they would have to engage soon.

The first strike will very likely be by Israel.
U.S. will be forced to submit to Israel or face Russia / China / Iran.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

You admire their non reactionary stance....lol

They don't have a choice....Why do you think they're pursuing nuclear technology????

They know they don't stand a chance and didn't want to give the US an excuse to come in before they have the means to put up a fight.

why do you think that Israel is threatening them now?

Israel doesn't want to give them a chance to develop the means to fight back or more importantly to first strike.

Israel can wipe Iran off the map, that is a given, but only a couple of nukes could wipe Israel off the map.

I have to commend Israel for holding back as long as they have. I know I'll get blasted on this site by all of the liberal progressives that flock to this board for saying it, but it's the truth.

If it came down to it, Israel could destroy the Islamic world. If they wait much longer, they couldn't and if they were overly aggressive to the point of losing the US as an ally, they would have difficulty repelling a conglomerate of Islamic states.

So everything everyone has done so far has been strategerieric (tongue in cheek) in nature, but we're coming to the final hour where someone is going to go for the queen and we have to hope that the queen's gambit pays off or doesn't pay off depending on who's queen is sacrificed, if not both.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

This was true in 2003. Are you telling me it takes 8 years to plan a war when you have every conceivable advantage?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join