It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You guys really don't think there's a banking catastrophe brewing, do you? For the several people who've mentioned issues with Wells Fargo, you do realize that they just merged with Wachovia, right? I work with a guy who had accounts at Wachovia and he went in to do a routine wire transfer, and because of their recent system integrations, they actually didn't know how to do it! I bank at both BoA and BBT in Georgia and made ATM withdrawals at both today, used my debit card numerous times, paid bills, transfered money, etc. In the 2 years I've lurked on ATS, I must have read over a dozen threads about "banking holidays", and it hasn't happened yet. I'm also curious how the believers in this think the logistics would work.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by tamenie

If there was a solar flare today it would not effect us this soon, usually have a couple of days before it hits us.
So I'd take that out of the equation.
but i thought the m5 was a couple days ago
am i wrong?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

I hope things work out for all of us. I work two jobs just to keep a roof over my head for me and my dog and cats. The only thing keeping my sanity is the hope that after the dust settles after the monetary collapse that we will all be free from this monetary system slavery.

link   
reply to post by tamenie

spaceweather.com

Unless they are not telling the truth the only activity scheduled to hit us isn't until the 10?

link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Hi Bryan. Life is gettin pretty interesting. Is there some careful way you can put your words to start another thread?
Do you wish to share anything on this thread or my other thread?
If there is something vital you may know, and unsure of what people will say, I can assure you, you are safe to say what you want and I ask for you to not rush and be hasty, but do be aware that time may be of the essence.

Welcome to my thread, and I hope you or someone you may know may have somethingto contribute to my other thread

Is YOUR ticket really valid to go on that train?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

thank you, tamenie, for posting.
We could sure use some input from someone knowledgeable in that area.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well....

My Wife was previously employeed at Wells Fargo for 2 1/2 years, She is a nurse now and left that behind, However we were talking about this as she was laying down and she said the longest she has ever seen the system down in the 2 1/2 years was for about 2 hours one day. She also trained wachovia people so this system isnt new to them. that has been done for almost a year now.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

BBT was one of the banks that was mentioned over there which I specifically remember because I tried to verify info myself because I had never heard of that bank before so I wanted to know if they were just posting nonsense. They seemed to be serious along with many of the other posters over there.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Hi peter, and thank you for your post.
Could it be possible regarding New World Order, for almost all financial institutions to try and "tie in" and be connected to a single mainframe/matrix (not sure what to call it)

My two threads are not to scare people but to try to hopefully slow or stop something if we can help it, or do something about it. We must take all consideration of any possible thing that could make the bank systems either go quirky, or get people to become more alert if something is amiss.

This is my version of home land security.....and hopefully peace of mind in the long run.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
To all the people that are logging into their banking websites.

This is a completely usual time for the bank staff to run maintenance and updates. it happens quite regularly, because of the time of night it is the least likely to effect service.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

As I am usually up at this hour this is something I have noticed alot. Which is why I don't put much into the hype just yet that things are amiss.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Someone else over there has now just posted another thread about the situation.

[link to www.myfoxphoenix.com]

WE HAVE CONFIRMED

LAST THREAD WAS JUST DELETED FOR SOME REASON!!

edit on 7-11-2010 by Longwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Ok so now the original thread is available but I am still banned over there.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Saturdays are usual software updates. If the techs really screw up big, sometimes the problems last through to Monday. BoA actually goes down quite a bit. This is the second time in about three months.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can't speak for the banks but I am on disability and I'm supposed to get a lump sum refund, well they said the computer system was down and they couldn't process my reufund. Seems fishy to me, but whatever, if something does go down it's going to suck b/c I won't have much to barter with...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Commonwealth bank of Australia customer, been using eftpos all day, and used my credit card once. all is fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't think I'd make too much of this yet. But it is worth paying attention to. When I logged on I saw the thread and was like "AHHH it's happening" then tried to log on to a bank and it didn't work. I am used to not being able to log in at night as I am in AK time.
But, for once I think I prepared for this by taking out cash and buying plenty of silver in the last month. Just in case. It could be that many other people did this lately as well and has messed up the system?

I hope nothing happens, but the timing of this is striking.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
As I was wondering in my previous post (a couple posts up), if there is trying to be a tie in, into a main system,
it sure would take time to get it completely done and working properly.
During that time, though, folks will definately have some problems regarding their finances and trying to pay things on time.
Could there be such a thing as a main system. In otherwords, could a piece of the new main system try to get in order with all financial intitutions here in the US, and shortly another piece get in order in, say, UK, and so on, then all those "world" pieces tie in to combine into one main worldwide system. (one world currency?)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Interesting, all three of the banks websites that I use all have issues right now. EECU - says system down when I try to login, BBVA Compass says it's down for system maintenance when login is attempted. Chase lets me log in but it says some account information is not accessible.

Not necessarily a big deal, but I have never had all three of these accounts have issues like this all at the same time. I'm thinking of maybe running down to the ATM machine to see if it has issues too.

EDIT: Just got some gas with my debit card, it worked fine. Also went to EECU's ATM and that worked fine also.

This is definitely something to keep an eye on at least.
edit on 7-11-2010 by bdw18_123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
An hour ago I was able to login to my US Bank online account, but now I get this error message.

U.S. Bank Internet Banking is Currently Unavailable

U.S. Bank Internet Banking with Bill Pay is undergoing routine maintenance updates and is unavailable. It will be available shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Please try again later or call our 24-Hour Banking and Financial Sales to access your accounts:
Cincinnati Metro (513) 632-4141
Denver Metro (303) 585-8585
Milwaukee Metro (414) 765-4636
Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro (612) US BANKS
(612-872-2657)
Portland Metro (503) US BANKS
(503-872-2657)
St. Louis Metro (314) 425-2000
All Other Locations 800-US BANKS
(800-872-2657)
TDD -- All Locations 800-685-5065

I did go to a US Bank ATM in Northeast Ohio about an hour ago and was able to take out a couple of hundred dollars.

Also using an IP Hider over at GLP and was able to confirm that other posters who were posting on the thread I mentioned earlier were also banned on thread in which I have linked to earlier.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join