It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malevolent or Benevolent? The BIG Alien question...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You guys all forget about demon posession. All our societies that have existed have talked about this, and how entities take over the human body.

Who knows what they are and where they come from?
edit on 11/6/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe they would be good AND bad. For one, define good and bad. Secondly, if this species reproduces asexually would it not be plausible that whatever personality they have is inherent to ALL of their race?

Hmmm....

Also, on the topic of slavery... Is a plow horse considered a slave? Is a seeing-eye dog a slave?

Humanity considers other humans under total and unwilling control of another human as a slave, but not if the controlled is of a different species.

It would then be safe to say we are not of the same species as the ET and could be considered livestock, yes?

Just playing the Devil's advocate here.

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

I wasn't saying we are not enslaveable, just doesn't seem efficient to me with unlimited technological power under your belt. I guess the real question is what do we do that nothing else could or that a machine cannot replicate? With the vastness of the universe I just don't buy it, sorry.
edit on 11/6/2010 by AnteBellum because: clarif

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nice question.

Honestly, this question is hard to answer since we do not know their true intentions yet. The only thing that we can do is to do assumptions.

So what we do know so far. We know that Aliens exists, since there have been sightings of UFOs. We know that people were been abducted, and the Aliens made some kind of experiments with them. which lead us to the question why??. Well the first think to do as a scientist is to take Speciments and examine them. In that way the question from our side, as to Why, is simply that they try to understand us. They try to figure out as to how we work as a species.

The next thing to do, is to examine the planet. There have been reports over the internet, about Spheres or Pyramid shape drones that for some reason, they landed and when they were discovered by humans the simply took of. Which lead us to the conclusion or better said the assumption, that they must been a reason for that. Like take some Soil Probes.

The other thing is that have been numerous reports, that UFOs were seen, were they successfully deactivated the electronic from our Nukes. Now why they have done that???. One assumption is that they try to protects us. The other assumption is that they are examining our military capabilities.

As i Said at the beginning of my post, is difficult to answer the question. I presume that whatever their intentions are, in the near future we are going to find out.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hi Mark:
excellent and thought stimulating and provoking question. We as a species seem to be rather arrogant and stubborn,i.e. "We are at the top of the food chain, and we are all that is,and all that matters."
Yet in the total vastness of this universe, it is just inconceivable that we, some 15 billion years into the existence of things, are the only sentient species to emerge; we may well be, but the odds are against it, one would think.

As for visitors being malvolent or benevolent, it would depend on the number that are aware of us; since duality seems to be the norm here in our paradigm, let's assume that it applies elsewhere also. A truly benevolent species may be watching over and gently nudging us fom time to time, allowing us to grow and perhaps someday mature enough to join the ranks of the galactic neighborhood, if we ever get over our ego's and power trips.

On the other hand, a malvolent species, unless they were just a horde of rampaging idiots bent on raping the galaxy, would more than likely seek to dominate and control earth surreptiously, staying quietly out of sight yet manipulating the course of events towards the goals they seek.

A very good OP, Sir Springer.

seeker

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think people make a big mistake talking about "evolved aliens" or how more evolution would mean being benevolent.

Evolution is only change, is no more, change, evolution doesn't have a direction, an objective, so is very naive assume that when a race evolve it will be to this super nice alien race.

Is a big mistake too when people says we are malevolent so a race different from us must be good, we are not malevolent, we are normal i suppose, some good, some bad, must people is neither one, and i think that must be the rule out there.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Malevolent or benevolent? I think it would depend on a cosmic perspective. I don't know who said it but it goes, "The proof that intelligent life is out there is that they haven't tried to contact us." If we became capable of inter stellar travel I think we would be wiped out so that we couldn't spread our diseased thinking to the galaxy. Malevolent in our eyes but probably benevolent to the galaxy. I wish I had more faith in us but our track record sucks big time. Even today.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, this is definately my favorite subject.

I don't expect people to believe what I write because it is out there and things are taken different ways by different people. When writing something you have to choose your words carefully and I don't have the tendency to do so I just spit it out.

So in my way I am going to spit it out:

I have been allowed by the Elders our Creator's (extremely tall Grey/whites) to have recall of them asking me to come to Earth to help the Human Race when it was time. I agreed to do so. I was told before I (the Soul within me) was transferred here (I don't know how they did this) that when I became Human I would become stupid but they would come to me whenever they could and I would learn what I needed to know.

When I was a young one no one ever talked about this subject and it never occured to me to talk about it either, I guess it was just a part of life. It wasn't until I got older that things started to make sense to me, I realized my experiences where them coming back when they could and teaching me of what I would need to know when it was time.

To cut this somewhat short I will try to just sum a small part of it up and you can take it for what it is. Life isn't exactly how we were taught we know only what generation passed down from generation.

Gods= Aliens
Heaven=Skies

They told me they aren't here to take over Earth they can not survive here there is to much oxygen in our air, however they can breathe thin air for a bit. They say they are not here to interfere (interesting word interfere) and they would only confer to interfere one time and that is if we were about to destroy Earth for if we destroyed Earth we would destroy their LABORATORY. They say the Human only uses a small part of their brain they do not know how to use it but they do have intelligence and this makes for a good study. They say we are evolving to slowly so they like to plant the seed and watch it grow. They can program information into our brains but they say that they can only program so much at one time because our brains can not handle to much at one time. They observe to see how long it takes for that seed (information takes) to come to fruition.

They say we are parallel such as short, tall, fat, thin, good, bad, and all different colors. They said they monitor the ENTIRE Earth and everything on it and that they have done battle with ones that want to do harm and that they attempt to take the battles out over our waters they really don't want any of their ships landing or crashing on our lands. They say our weapons are as Tinker Toys in comparison to theirs however, they can destroy.

I want to say here when there was a thread on our Nuclear weapons being shut down, our thinking was/is invasion and we have no way to defend ourselves against them actually they would be saving us from ourselves we aren't exactly known in this Universe as non-hostile.

Actually an event is going to happen here, as I was told something happens here that wasn't supposed to have happened and they are here to try and help lesson the blow so to say. Sadly it is an extinction level event and everything that is happening now needs to happen to lesson the blow and save the Human race. I have been shown things to look for as the time approaches which I have written about and in time we shall see if I was a fearmonger as many may feel or I really shared truths with you all.

There are quite a few different Species here and they have there agendas and in their way they consider this Planet their Planet since they have been here far longer then we have been, and when abductee's try to share I could only hope you would listen more for I can share what I know but others here know what they know which may or may not be a good thing.

This is long enough and I have no doubt I missed a lot but I do want to say I was told the Nasca Symbols are a directional locator for the different Species. I was told and shown they collect many things from Earth and transport them off Planet for Transformation (Terraforming) at other Planet locals mostly within Planets and Moons in our Solar System and out also. The Cigar shaped ships coming from the waters I believe would be the ships used for the Cargo ships that go off Planet.

Last thing for now is many have agreed to come here to help when the time comes and they are starting to realize this but don't quite understand, the only words I can give you is don't worry you will know what to do when the time comes.

OOPS, SORRY THIS WILL BE THE LAST THING...... before I forget and I guess what most wouldn't want to know but there is a massive amount of life in the Universe and the Creator's create we are all mostly a little of this and a little of that...sometimes we turn out this way or that but there is room in this vast Universe for us all weather good or not so good and if it turns out not so good they protect those that need protecting.

Told you I stink at writing, but there are good, there are bad, and there are mis-understood Species all around.

edit on 6-11-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Well alrighty then. Thanks for clearing that up.
. All kidding aside, some of what you say seems to have a plausible truth to it. John Lear says that Lou Baldin has the same sense of plausibility to what he claims. I read one of his books and some of what you say seems to ring true. Have you read any of Lou's books? Do you and him share the same version of what the core story is?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I do remember Lou and his thread I agreed with many things he wrote but his experiences had many differences then mine and there were things he wrote that were his happenings which I did not resonate with at all times but to me that would be natural.. There is one thing he wrote that were two words I that only I would use about something and no one else would know to use them in the exact context and it saddened me somewhat that he used them my way.... but that's the way it goes.

You have to attempt to realize there are many different Species and with the many experiencers/abductee's/ contactee's they may all experience different things depending on what their roll may be.

This is a large puzzle and the pieces are foreign and it takes decades to try and understand your own pieces.

One thing I must say whether right or wrong I do miss John Lear a lot..... I will also say I am thrilled Zorgon is back he has a lot of offer let's not lose him.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well,another great thread and discussion started by "Springer".

Back in the day when I first came here in a former screen name,this was the norm,not the exception.

My belief is that those visiting our reality are neither good or bad.

Attempting to describe them in human terms is impossible.

Even on this planet malevolence and benevolence have different meanings to different cultures.

The continual lack of humans to think of the total universe and all that exists in it as just being "there"without expressing it in terms of space,time and distance shows the lack of our ability to comprehend it all exists as ONE,now.

There is no time,there is no distance,there is no space void.

There is only things that exist at different frequencies depending on their locality within the universe.

Entities visit this plane of existence in safe vessels that help them to maintain their life frequencies for their own plain of existence.

There is no long periods of travel.

They just tune in to this planets frequency and here they are.

Humans can not even come close to comprehend this they are to involved with time,distance,space,physical items,etc.

Looking out of a fish bowl atmosphere attempting to figure it all out using just a small percentage of their mind.

We are not even the most advanced species on the planet,only the most arrogant.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Going in a destroying/stealing the resources of new found territories, especially the human resources, leaves you with a one time gain. After your first haul there is nobody left to continue producing the resource. If you make peace with the new founders you have the opportunity for trade (both ways) and a continued supply chain for the resources you covet.

If they wait much longer there will be NO resources left to take!! lol

But seriously, most believe we have been watched for centuries.
Surely if these ET's wanted what you propose it would have been far easier to achieve in the not to distant past.
People only 100 years ago were far less advanced and the population wasn't as high. Natural resources were far more abundant..

So if taking over was their aim then I think they would have done it decades ago....

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
One thing we have to look at is not necessarily human behavior but the behavior of all other complex life forms we have had contact with. Yes, humans have the problem of hostility and tend towards warfare within the species but the fact is we could be the odd ducks of the universe. We could be the only ones infected with the "empathy" gene.

In all likelihood the "alien" intruders would be alien enough that we would be classified as a threat or a resource and not at all as an ally or equal. The best we could hope for from a superior technology based civilization would be that we were a mild nuisance, a curiosity or a pet.

As far as the idea that we would be harvested for food (or maybe fertilizer) it's not time yet. If humans are a food crop then we won't really be ready to harvest until the earth reaches a population density that is just short of using more food than can be produced. That's when the giant ET hoovers suck up all of the humans (and probably anything else edible) and leave just enough seed population to start the growth process all over again.

The idea that aliens would have a benign intent when the rest of the universe we know does not, is wishful thinking.

We're so unpredictable as a species that any intelligent civilization would see us as a threat as a matter of common sense.

Anyway. That's my take on it.

I really think we're under observation right now by alien life and there is a big cosmic biohazard sign on all incoming routes to earth.

It says, lunatic infested planet, leave your windows rolled up and don't pick up any hitch hikers.
edit on 6-11-2010 by badgerprints because: added a line for clarity

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If anything they're benevolent. Or else we would have been destroyed years ago.

It is in my opinion that they're, if they exist, watching over us and waiting for the right time to give us little pushes here and there.

Or they're el chupecabra!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
You guys all forget about demon posession. All our societies that have existed have talked about this, and how entities take over the human body.

Who knows what they are and where they come from?
edit on 11/6/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

Schitzophrenia, personality disorders, epilepsy, OCD.... There are the demons.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshidoX
If anything they're benevolent. Or else we would have been destroyed years ago.

It is in my opinion that they're, if they exist, watching over us and waiting for the right time to give us little pushes here and there.

Or they're el chupecabra!

The problem with that argument of that we would have been destroyed years ago is that you must prove beyond reasonably doubt that they have been here.

Can you do it?

Beyond reasonably doubt, blurry dots in a photo are not beyond reasonably doubt.

But like you say, is your opinion

Originally posted by intrepid
Malevolent or benevolent? I think it would depend on a cosmic perspective. I don't know who said it but it goes, "The proof that intelligent life is out there is that they haven't tried to contact us." If we became capable of inter stellar travel I think we would be wiped out so that we couldn't spread our diseased thinking to the galaxy. Malevolent in our eyes but probably benevolent to the galaxy. I wish I had more faith in us but our track record sucks big time. Even today.

That quote is bad, intelligence is the capacity of process and use information, it doesn't have anything to do with malevolence or benevolence, ethics, morality, and that stuff, so is definitely no proof.
edit on 6-11-2010 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Anyone who whizzes about in a cosmic "nuts and bolts" spacecraft is surely not a spirit, more advanced to some degree or other to be sure though. But by that, you can't assume that all these visitors are the same, or on the same level either. If they came to steal resource in any form then they don't have free energy, or "point zero" energy as is the buzzword. Probably size matters,
it certainly would to me! so if the ship was big enough, I don't think I would bother with bows and arrows, a cup of tea might help though! I think Prof Hawkins is playing around with the human condition a bit and the fear of the unknown. Conversely, if the ship was just a little itty bitty thing, my wife would probably place a saucer of milk beside it, just before she was vapourised.....sorry I got carried away there. But you see what I mean, the playing field would just not be level in a cosmic sense. Interplanetary, as in our solar system would be not be any different an approach though, because these guys could be very weird altogether, well except for our Martian cousins.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There are definitely aliens out there but universe too big for them to get here. Unless teleportation is possible..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

who the hell knows.
It can go both ways.
My way of thinking, is that in order to produce such extraordinary machines that are capable of interstellar travel, people have to work together. Great minds have to have the freedom to think. Creativity would be a valuable asset, along with free thinking. It would be the only way to find creative solutions to incredibly complex problems. If this is the case, I highly doubt these species would be focussing their resources on war, and with the time it would take to find these solutions, I'm sure renewable energy would be looked at and discovered, saving the need to scour planets for more and more resources.
My point being, that in order to advance so much, they would probably have discovered all the benefits of coexistence.
Besides, I believe they are already here. Don't you?
Isn't that why we have these UFO forums?
If they want our resources, what are they waiting for?

No, I'm going to have to go with Benevolent. I can't believe they would come all this way just to destroy us and the planet. And if your into the Ancient Astronaut theory, we can see that most of what they did when (if) they were here on the past is teach us.

But like I said. Who the hell knows?

edit on 6-11-2010 by Odessy because: sp

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think people need to realize these beings whoever or what they are purposely try to hide themselves from being totaly exposed.So that tells me they are only allow to contact with humans to some degree or it tells me it possibly could be demonic and angelic forces.However if these beings live and breathe on another planet and can travel about and have wars like us that would be down right scary crazy.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join