It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE EDIS Cosmic Event UK/US 11-5-10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Found this quite interesting does anyone know more about this event or did anyone actually witness the fireballs today?

Great balls of fire have been reported swooping over Eastern Canada and several U.S. states. Even NASA's on the case. There are different theories about what was behind the sighting of those fireballs. A NASA spacecraft got a closer look at one of the possible sources today. The spacecraft flew past Hartley 2 -- taking closeup pictures after the comet made one of its closest passes by Earth this week. But one expert is skeptical of reports that any fireballs came from Hartley -- which is roughly 1.2 kilometres wide and spews deadly cyanide gas. Scientist Peter Brown says his meteor group at the University of Western Ontario tracked one of two fireballs while the other was tracked by NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Event epicenter is Beltrami Island. Does this mean it struck ground? Certainly not I mean we would have heard much more about it had it hit the earth right?

I just wonder what other surprises the cosmos has in store for us? I know... but I have say, maybe this is why 3000 accompanied Obama...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Taurids perhaps?

Haven't seen any here in Ireland, but the cloud might have something to do with that!

Event epicenter is Beltrami Island. Does this mean it struck ground?

Well in the reverse of earthquakes I would take that to mean it was above that place.
edit on 5/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this the same one?
edit on 5/11/10 by C-DNA because: wrong link

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Caught in the Act: Fireballs Light up Jupiter

Amateur astronomers working with professional astronomers have spotted two fireballs lighting up Jupiter's atmosphere this summer, marking the first time Earth-based telescopes have captured relatively small objects burning up in the atmosphere of the giant planet. The two fireballs - which produced bright freckles on Jupiter that were visible through backyard telescopes - occurred on June 3, 2010, and August 20, 2010, respectively.

Now this is from a fireball that amateur astronomers discovered over the summer, but it was unheard of before their discoveries... here are a few more excerpts:

An impact of this kind on Earth would not be expected to cause damage on the ground. The energy released by the June 3 fireball as it collided with Jupiter's atmosphere was five to 10 times less than the 1908 Tunguska event on Earth, which knocked over tens of millions of trees in a remote part of Russia. Analysis is continuing on the Aug. 20 fireball, but scientists said it was comparable to the June 3 object.

"Jupiter is a big gravitational vacuum cleaner," said Glenn Orton, a co-author on the paper and an astronomer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. "It is clear now that relatively small objects, remnants of the formation of the solar system 4.5 billion years ago, still hit Jupiter frequently. Scientists are trying to figure out just how frequently."

Wesley was visiting an amateur astronomer friend about 1,000 kilometers (600 miles) away in Broken Hill, and he set a digital video camera to record images from his telescope at about 60 frames per second. He was watching the live video on a computer screen at his friend's house when he saw a two-and-a-half-second-long flash of light near the limb of the planet.

"It was clear to me straight away it had to be an event on Jupiter," he said. "I'm used to seeing other momentary flashes in the camera from cosmic ray impacts, but this was different. Cosmic ray strikes last only for one frame of video, whereas this flash gradually brightened and then faded over 133 frames."

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Could whatever has been hitting Jupiter because of it's gravitational field start filtering over towards us? Have our gravitational fields begun to change just like our compass directions? Is there a connection as we move further North is it?

edit on 5-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

Yep one in the same, we can move over there if you want! I am just stunned by this and was shocked to see a "Cosmic Event" on Rsoe.

Hopefully we will get some solid data on it soon.

I knew we would begin to see more surprise cosmic events when NASA opened an invitation to amateur astronomers to help them search the skies for comets and incoming debris.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Strange, the coordinates say Mongolia ? 48° 41.458, 95° 37.500

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Huh? Well perhaps thats where it was first spotted? I just dont know.

top topics

join