It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memoir, Bush says he considered dropping Cheney from 2004 ticket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

In memoir, Bush says he considered dropping Cheney from 2004 ticket

www.washingtonpost.com

Former president George W. Bush writes in a new memoir that he briefly considered dropping his vice president, Richard B. Cheney, from his 2004 reelection ticket but said he still considers Cheney a steady adviser who helped him achieve his goals.

The memoir, which was leaked to several news outlets in advance of its formal release next Tuesday, details Cheney's advocacy of war with Iraq. It says he asked Bush at a luncheon whether he was "going to take care of this guy, or not," referring to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

Bush writes that he still considers the war justified and s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This backs up what I have always thought. Cheney was running things. It was clear in the media and in the polls, the people thought Cheney was a war monger.

But, this is telling. he cites one of the reasons he didn't drop him from the ticket, was for troop moral..

From what I have read, Cheney never apologized for shooting that guy in the chest and face.

Cheney just has a look of evil.. I dont trust him for one second.

I think Bush was a trusting Dolt. I believe his advisers could have convinced him to do just about anything.

Dont jump up screaming.. I dont think he was stupid.. Just not all that sharp when it came to reading people... and of course speaking!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have heard on the news that he calls kanye Wests comments the LOWEST... in this article he calls it one of the low points.... really?

He offered his regrets for flying over New Orleans to survey the post-Katrina damage, a move that provoked criticism, and says that he mistakenly brought too many troops home from Iraq too soon. But he has described as "disgusting" the televised accusation from recording artist and producer Kanye West that his response to Katrina was tainted by racism, calling that one of the low points of his tenure.

If Bush had a top 10 list of low points of his presidency.. I wouldn't think that would make it on the list.

I love this book already ... He basicly, is pointing out all of his mistakes and how they affected him... Watch, there will be fallout over the importance he puts on certain events. He is Phenomenal at misjudging how the people will percieve something.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
He basicly, is pointing out all of his mistakes and how they affected him... Watch, there will be fallout over the importance he puts on certain events. He is Phenomenal at misjudging how the people will percieve something

I find this funny actually.
Here at ATS a few months back when Fidel Castro admitted all his faults people were falling all over themselves to say that he is the better man for doing so but when Bush does the very same thing he is called an idiot and what not.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This backs up what I have always thought. Cheney was running things.

...cheney is far more intelligent than gwb (which isnt hard to do) and was certainly given more control than gwb due to that one fact alone - but - cheney was/is a puppet too and hasnt acted on his own (politically) in many decades...

But, this is telling. he cites one of the reasons he didn't drop him from the ticket, was for troop moral..

...yeah, well, the problem with that is that gwb is as stupid as sarah palin... he couldnt drop his own drawers without instructions from his handlers...

...cheney has been around for a long time... just like rumsfeld, he was deeply involved with iraq and saddam hussein long before gwb's daddy got his ass kicked by saddam... him being chosen as gwb's running mate was no coincidence and it mostly certainly had nothing to do with what gwb wanted...

...and troop morale?... thats an insult... he doesnt give a damn about soldiers... no one in that bunch does and those that control them sure as hell dont...

From what I have read, Cheney never apologized for shooting that guy in the chest and face.

...who knows what cheney did in private?... gwb sure didnt and nothing in his book is coming from him... he's got brain damage - has the attention span of a gerbil on speed and the memory of an advanced alzheimer's patient...

Cheney just has a look of evil.. I dont trust him for one second.

...so does condaleeza and rumsfeld... ashcroft and powell, not as much but they're not getting off my chopping block just because they bailed... too little, too late... the whole regime was evil being control by a greater evil but they werent the first, wont be the last...

I think Bush was a trusting Dolt. I believe his advisers could have convinced him to do just about anything.

...dolt?... okay...

...trusting?... no... trust had nothing to do with anything... gwb did exactly what his handlers told him to do because he was raised to be compliant... with that bunch, its a family tradition to happily bend over for the puppetmasters... his daddy did it, so did his nazi loving grandpappy...

...lets not forget his scummy brothers who caused and profitted from a massive savings and loan scandal back in the 80s but were never penalized... if that had been orchestrated by common folk, they wouldve been thrown in prison for sure... also, lets not forget who was the govenor of florida when the infamous election tampering crap happened - or - who and their cousin had their hands all in the "security" pie of the wtc but magically managed to not be there when shtf on the morning of 09.11.01...

I dont think he was stupid.. Just not all that sharp when it came to reading people... and of course speaking!

...he is stupid, no doubt about it... he fried his brain on alcohol and coc aine long before the handlers financed his route to the presidency... if he hadnt been born into an over-priviledged family, he wouldve been put in prison for going awol and he wouldve certainly found his way to prison in the drunken coke snortin days that followed...

I have heard on the news that he calls kanye Wests comments the LOWEST... in this article he calls it one of the low points.... really?

If Bush had a top 10 list of low points of his presidency.. I wouldn't think that would make it on the list.

...are you talking about kanye's opinion making the list or the phenomenally calloused way the victims of katrina were treated by the gwb regime?... the latter is definitely on my list of collosal failures...

I love this book already

...i cant imagine why...

He basicly, is pointing out all of his mistakes and how they affected him...

...how they affected him?... an over-priviledged brain-fried narcissistic doofus?... why would anyone care how anything affects him?...

Watch, there will be fallout over the importance he puts on certain events.

...i wish no one would buy his stupid book - because - its not his... its 100% orchestrated bs dictated by the puppetmasters... they dont need your money or support to continue screwing our country but they'll gladly take your money...

He is Phenomenal at misjudging how the people will percieve something.

...true but his handlers arent...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

He basicly, is pointing out all of his mistakes and how they affected him... Watch, there will be fallout over the importance he puts on certain events. He is Phenomenal at misjudging how the people will percieve something

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I find this funny actually.
Here at ATS a few months back when Fidel Castro admitted all his faults people were falling all over themselves to say that he is the better man for doing so but when Bush does the very same thing he is called an idiot and what not.

I have to confess that I was perhaps one of the most out-spoken against Bush-era Policy and at best I regarded GWB as the "Village Idiot", and as "Pubic Enemy #1" at the worst.

Although I have yet to read his memoirs myself, these articles about his memoirs are definitely softening the contempt I once held for the man.

To reflect upon one's choices and deeds and to admit when you were wrong or made choices you came to regret does show a strong indication of wisdom.

I might still strongly disagree with the majority of Bush-era Policies, but knowing that Bush himself had reservations or regrets about some of them makes me dislike the man who was sitting in the chair of the Oval Office quite a lot less than I did before.

(However, even if Cheney were to point out his own mistakes and faults it wouldn't change my opinion about him as I would just assume that such mea culpas were nothing more than calculated machination on his part!)
edit on 5-11-2010 by fraterormus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

"In memoir, Bush says he considered dropping Cheney from 2004 ticket"

Hi OP and All,

I'd suppose Bush2 thought about dropping VP Cheney from the 2004 ticket, just after or before considering dropping himself?

Decoy

top topics

join