It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators Of The Unknown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Sorry, just realised I missed my major point of the Op in the explanation of my experience..it is so difficult to determine where and when you will experience paranormal activity that you cannot plan for it and as such you are rarely prepared to caputure it! And when at first you do experience it, it is difficult to immediately ascertain that what you are experiencing is paranormal as you tend to go with "rational" explantion, which may at times be more far fetched than the paranormal one! At which point you realise that what you have "seen, heard felt etc" is not explainable. By which time...it's over

edit on 5-11-2010 by destination now because: to add a bit

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace

That is such an interesting experience! I experienced some of those same things in my old house! I look at the link you gave in your previous post and that place is beautiful! You can tell it's very old though, but I think it adds to the beauty. You should start a thread about this, if you haven't already. I would love to hear more about what you experienced surrounding that place. I agree also with you about how it must be frustrating for an investigator. The things you experience and the feelings that surround it are very real. But even though it's very real, it's hard to prove it to other's...which is so frustrating. You know your level headed, you are pretty sure you aren't crazy... what happened was real...but you have no way to prove it. So other's take it as a joke or an over active imagination or you being dramatic. Even though that was a very big part of your life. Star for you! If you haven't started a thread already about that, you should!

Thanks Izzy, I will try and compile a "dossier" so to speak with my own and others experience of the place and put it down in words...it was a magical and scary place...I miss it and I don't!

And whilst I'm thinking..."if only I were there right now...with the equipment and knowledge" Then I face the reality of the place and think "Ummm...maybe not", it was not a particularly happy place, and I prob wouldn't sleep tonight lol

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

LOL! Oh I can understand where you are coming from. I remember in my old house it always seemed that I needed to be on my toes and ready for any surprises. Sometimes I miss the excitement, I grew up in that house...so the ghost I some how grew attached to. Although it was scary and very startling...I felt a sense of protection. I had a native american in my house...I used to see him a lot and he was dressed like a chief. I understand how you can miss it and not miss it at the same time. I feel the same way about my old house. For me, since I grew up around this spirit...when I moved here...it seems like I'm missing an old friend. It's a little lonely. But I don't miss the nights when I knew he was in my room just staring at me. I remember how uncomfortable that was to be the only two in the room. Just me and him....You know that feeling you get when you know someone is staring at you? Yeah thats how it was. I only opened my eyes one time during my years growing up there at night... it was more of a squint. I saw his outline, and you better believe I kept my eyes closed at night then. I would even run into my parent's room almost every night (with my eyes closed) because of this and slept on the floor...and that feeling like someone was staring at me was less uncomfortable for me with my parent's in the same room.

I decided to delete the rest of this because it was off topic and made my post too long.
edit on 5-11-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I suppose all that I can impart to you Mr. Balkan is that if it weren't for that "very little" learned by modern ghost hunting techniques, then nothing would have been learned at all..nothing.. zero. With all due respect and I hate to say it..but the "flask and beaker" method and approach that you seem to be such a proponent of, has in essence, yielded more inconclusive and unsubstantiated evidence than that of eccentric groups of uneducated, out of their league investigators. Sometimes experience and driven average intelligence pays more dividends than a fine, oak framed Ph.D from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join