It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Invades Central Gaza

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

edit on 5-11-2010 by dukeofjive because: sorry posted twice

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Would you care to explain, how anything I said supports your sickening support of wanton murder of innocent uninvolved parties in Palestine? How anything I said props up your paper thin arguments ? No go ahead really this is going to be GREAT.
You can shout and bluster as much as you like, but the only important factors in the whole situation in Palestine and Israel are that civilians on both sides take the hits. But deaths on BOTH sides can be prevented by Israel, where as Palestine can only attempt to solve half the problem. I ask you , answer me this simple question:

How can Israel justify murdering civilians by indifference , until it has adequately protected its own citizenry from harm? Until available methods have been deployed in DEFENCE , how can Israel justify attack?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You know, we all know, this could be sorted out easily. It's in some peoples interests to keep this mindless
violence going on and on.

It would take a leader to stand up and say, 'Look at what we have become. After all the things our people have been through, how can we do these terrible things to others? Let's stop doing it."

Of course, monkeys are flying out of my arse as I type.

Israel / Palestine is a powder keg that can blow at any time, but it is more effective to just let it sit there scaring the
whole world. Dividing the whole world. Honestly, how can anyone not see this?

Like any of us has a more of a claim to live than anyone else.

It's a sad and avoidable affair. It is a tragic and terrible affair.

But most of all it is just pathetic. We are all pathetic.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Kick me out of my house, harass me at checkpoints, refuse me citizenship in my ancestral homeland, and bulldoze my olive farm and I'll show you what terror really is.

Oh right, like Jewish people just moved there last week, right?...

And let me get this straight, you are probably a white, or any other race not native American, boy living in Ohio, in a land that your ancestors took from native americans by slaughtering innocent women, children, and killing unarmed men, and you want to point the fingers at Israelies who have lived as long, if not longer than Palestinians in those areas?...

edit on 5-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Anam Gra

If this was the only region where this type of stuff (war and the unjust suffering of innocents) was going on, then yes. But it's not. Stories involving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict receive immense coverage here on ATS. For those of us that are neutral in this conflict (which some seem to think automatically makes you Pro-Israel) it is annoying to see one side continually painted as the Evil Villains and the other as the Innocent Victims. If you are going to expose every negative behaviour of one side, is it not fair to place what is going on into context? This is hardly ever done in regard to this topic.

In addition, when one side commits Acts of Terror they are held accountable and universally condemned, but when the other side does it they are given sympathy and praised for resisting their Oppressors. This is one of the best ways to recognise when propaganda has been successfully utilised - acts which would be considered Terrorising by one side are deemed reasonable when done by the other side.

Is the conflict really this Black and White?
edit on 4/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: fixed typos

I would agree with you, if any guerrilla organisation or state organisation steps beyond the boundaries of engaging with opposing combatants and 'legitimate targets' they should be held to account...no exception. However, my point was that I dont feel that because this would appear a fairly intractible problem and one that has arisen over and over, means we should be blasé or dismissive about it, or the individual lives lost.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Culdeeson
reply to post by Anam Gra

You'll know all about oppression and dehumanisation being located where you are!

yes, having grown up in an oppressive and dehumanising regime I have seen the delemmas ordinary, moral, decent people have dealt with before coming to the conclusion that guerrilla warfare is the only option, those decisions are never reached without a lot of soul searching. I mean who would put themselves willingly in the firing line if it weren't for an absolute necessity? Not many. However, the situation in Gaza is different, I wouldnt have the arrogance to believe that I knew exactly what was going through the minds of either the Palestinian fighters or those that oppress them. But the taking of innocent lives is wrong whatever way you cut it, be that Palestinian or Israeli. If Israel is intent on oppressing the people of Palestine, however, they will face resisitance, and that speaks of the dignity of man and the unwillingness to accept oppression. The government of Israel will be all too aware of this. They choose their course of action, knowing the consequences.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Do you just bounce from post to post insulting people and causing problems?

Calm down for a minute.. Yes, what happened to the native americans is awful. But, I would like to think we have evolved since then.

Why do people continue to live in the past and continue to bring up bad things that countries and people have done. I nor my parents were part of the original explorers that came to America and killed the natives. Were your parents involved? Heck my grand parents and great grand parents weren't part of that group either. So why again should I answer for deeds done by my ancestors hundreds of years ago?

Living in the past and worrying about things that happened 50 years ago, let alone 100 to 200 years ago, is exactly why peace will never be possible. Of course all of our ancestors have done things that are condemable. Does anyone really think that listing all of the horrible things that people have done will solve anything?

I hate to say this.... The only way this planet will ever experience true peace, is after a ww3 that decimates 80% of the planet. Who cares who is right and wrong between Israel and Palestine? Those two stubborn states need to pull their pride out of their arses. Palestinians have turned to terrorism to express themselves and Israel has created a problem that is uncontrollable....

Am I evil for hoping WW3 starts soon? I really really am sick of looking at the news and all I see is bombs and violence. I wish their was an eraser that would wipe humans down to roughly 100, to start over. It is pathetic... Each problem or conflict has 2 or 3 contributors sometimes more... Each contributor has their reasons... These reasons are justifiable for each party involved... And, of course they all think the other parties stance is ridiculous and cruel.. It is a never ending cycle that is eventually going to explode. Can we please get on with the explosion???

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If the Aborigines decided to kick YOU out of THEIR country which YOU are occupying, what would you do?

Who would be the terrorists then?

You keep saying you know more than everybody else on this subject, are you speaking from experience? i.e. living in a country that doesn't belong to you!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
You have seen nothing like me before. In fact I do Know best.

Yes we have seen members like you before. They're called agitators at worst, and trolls at least.

Why are you guys even entertaining a member whose certain that he/she/it Knows best?

There's no arguing with megalomania.

I only believe one thing that this member says and that is that he/she/it is not a Jew. I think what you have here is a Muslim who is schooling you all in order to whip up anger.

We all know that Israel invading Gaza again with gun's blazing is wrong and the act of a bully.
Please don't let this member lead you by the nose, playing off of natural human emotions when we witness a travesty.
edit on 5-11-2010 by warequalsmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Guys please dont get aggravated by Phat package, he/she is not the kind to discuss topics openly using evidence to prove claims etc. You will not change his/her ideals by discussing here, he has already a made up mind and his intent here is not to discuss what is right or wrong, just to cause anger amongst you guys and then play the sympathy card saying everyone has harassed him for his beliefs.

Ive seen way too many of these kinds of posters on youtube comments between muslim/christian/jew. Imo all it does is incite anger, and then when someone does say some bad remark he will simply quote it to show howbad the person is.

Its nothing about the topic, the dude is here to 'win' arguments, when this isnt about winning or losing. Even if you show him some footage of cold blooded murder of israeli>palestinian, he will still side with israel, not because his mind is made up, but because he has a different intention altogether. To cause a bit of a stir in this thread.

I will say one thing to you phatpackage, if your intention really is to make palestinians look like the evil ones 'terrorists' etc. Then keep doing it mate, because your posts here do the opposite, so i thank you

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It is quite obvious to me. The purpose of phatpackage's presence here, that is.

So just go ahead, ignore all of his statements, because if you keep addressing his replies, you will give him green light. In derailing the thread, that is. Although, technically he isn't off topic, I think he points normal discussion on the subject away.

Can't help to think the same as one of the above posters - are you by any chance aboriginal? I think not. At least, not in the good side of the word, that is. (good side - when addressing the native population of Australia, bad side - you can figure it out by yourself)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

"Goyim [non-Jews] were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world; only to serve the People of Israel," said Rabbi Ovadia Yosef in a sermon in Israel on October 16. Rabbi Yosef is the former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel and the founder and spiritual leader of the Shas Party, one of the three major components of the current Israeli government. "Why are gentiles needed?" he continued. "They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi [master] and eat," he said to some laughter.

well if you serve a jew then you're an idiot. a palestinian will blow himself up in a shopping mall before he becomes a jewish slave.

but it looks like he has a point. the israelis have the americans doing everything but watering their plants for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

To be fair if you serve ANYONE other than the greater good of all mankind, then you're an idiot. Serving a less widely benificial cause than the saftey and freedom of every person on Earth is a waste of effort, and ultimately fuels the fire of war and death , which lets face it , has all the fuel it needs already.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Personally, I'd rather blow myself up and take those who wish to control with me before serving them if I am completely against their beliefs and views. But I don't serve anyone at the moment. I use my country for money since it's full of idiots who run it and as long as they have nothing to do with me then whatever. I doubt they'll want to confront me about it unless they want trouble.

But Israel can't take over Gaza at the moment or else they're going to anger more people than they can handle. As much as I look down on the corrupt leadership of Israel, they're not complete fools and if they go through with any plans, they have some sort of strategy other than just to piss everyone off. I'd keep an eye on them but also those who support them more. You'll notice anything before it happens if you do.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

If these cowards did not hide in with civilians then would not be this problem.

If my memory serves me , the Gaza Strip is only about 20 miles long by 5 miles wide with an estimated population of 1.2 million people .

Everybody is hiding in with the civilians .

You hardly expect Hamas to dress in bright neon colours and form nice orderly rows out in open ground now do you ?

How did those `young Americans` fight the British again ?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I have to agree with you. People want to seem to believe that the enemy needs to stand out in the middle of a field for any retaliation. I mean, trying NOT to be killed by trying to hide, that's horrible! Seriously, if you believe an enemy is so wrong for trying to hide and not be destroyed, then you're a fool. If they are dead, they can't keep fighting what they deem oppression so of course they are going to try and hide in a place where you think you're going to be safe. If you're being shot at, are you just going to stand there? If you're going to have bombs dropped on you, are you going to stand out in a field and wait for it? How about having this army go and take out these so called "terrorists" on foot instead of bombing everything down they believe may be a hiding place for militants and then blame the other guy for trying to survive?

I mean, it doesn't take much common sense to realize this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join