It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the gold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To me coming to ATS and reading about subjects beyond the normal/mainstream (Mars and Moon anomalys, UFO's, Bigfoot etc..) is like panhandling for gold.

It is hoped that you will find a little gleaming beauty and the promise of more or at least some is what drives you to come back again and again. Mostly however, all you find is sand, grit and mud. Some times you may find iron pyrite, and get all the way to the shop to sell it only to find out no matter how shiny and gold like you thought it was, it is just a worthless hunk of rock.

Is there any conclusive, solid evidence for years and years of theorys and ideas?

In short...where is the gold? To keep it focused I'm looking for Alien and UFO Gold.

edit on 3-11-2010 by _Highlander_ because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

So are we.

The only gold you will find is in a handful of personal accounts. Alien UFO's are a Theory based on plenty of evidence. Thousands if not millions have see them.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

For some obnoxious reason, I instantly pictured the OP sing this to the tune of Black Eyed Peas' "Where is the love?"

Seriously, though, I think the kind of gold you're looking for, some spectacular discovery/irrefutable evidence of UFO's, etc, may never be found, or if it is it probably would make MSM headlines first.

I do value ATS for its countless threads dedicated to discussion of these topics, and various scenarios, ongoing debates, etc. For me, those are worth gold. I am not holding my breath for someone to post a live video-chat with a martian here.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Alien/Ufo "gold" depends on the observer. What one may consider high quality gold, others may view it as complete rubbish. That is the problem with this subject.

Screw the gold, I want the diamond, lol.

But yeah, I know what your saying. And you will get plenty of folks that will tell you where the gold is, but you will have to look at the facts and decide for yourself. Having someone point you to the gold just means that they are pointing you towards their gold, and their gold might only be gold to them due to a overwhelming amount of ignorance or a possible mental disorder

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
you can always try getting first hand experience .

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by splint

Plenty of people have tried that. No gold. They say they have gold, but put it through the scientific method and it's not gold, its at best pyrite. I could spend years chasing UFO's and never have any real proof. I wonder if nothing happens in 2012 whether it will affect the amount of people that look into these things.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Gold is right here:

Niagara Falls UFO

But nobody is looking

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would suggest looking to the stars and to science, rather than the uninformed speculation and tall tales on forums like this.

In the last ten years, there has been a scientific revolution in our understanding of the universe. I am talking about Exoplanets. Now that we have evidence that planetary systems are common in the universe (and you can go find old books that said, "Well maybe man is unique, since we don't know if other stars have planets"), well now we know that, what does it mean?

There are something like 300 billion stars in our Galaxy. There are something like 100 billion galaxies in the universe we can see. That's 300,000,000,000 stars x 100,000,000,000 galaxies - which means the number of stars we are vaguely aware of comes out to the number three with more than one thousand zeros after it.

If even one percent of those have planets, and really these surveys are showing a lot more than that, then it is logical that yes of course, life abounds.

And to me that's a lot more important, tangible, and interesting than some hoaxsters with "recovered memories" or a Chewbacca suit in a duffel bag.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I do indeed look to the science of the stars, and I am familiar with the numbers and Drakes equation.

Even though science is advancing the statistical probability of finding intelligent life through the discovery of exoplanets, there is still no gold. Just a higher probability that it could occur, which is awesome, but the bank will still not buy it as gold.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Highlander_
In short...where is the gold? To keep it focused I'm looking for Alien and UFO Gold.

Long story short, we're still looking for it. We have a lot of evidence, but only have speculation as to what it's evidence of. Some people have been convinced by personal experience, but they generally don't have anything but a tale to tell, and what they feel and assume (aliens) might not be right at all. The best cases still come up short.

But it doesn't hurt to keep looking, trying new ideas, and so on. It's a hobby. An intellectual exercise. I guess that's the closest you'll come to gold when it comes to UFOs. Nothing to take to the bank, unfortunately.

join