It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH of white light - massive wind - house shattering rumble - What would you do?? what would you d

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Inspired by these two nuclear threat threads to be had in the next two months...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What will you do if RIGHT NOW you saw the brilliant flash of light - vacuum winds and then reverse mass winds and then the sound. What would you do? Dive into your bed? Grab a shot of Jack? bolt for your bomb shelter? Do you have canned goods in your shelter?

What will you do?

edit on 3-11-2010 by maluminse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Absorb my long awaited energy.
2nd
edit on 11/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm hoping if it happens, it hits up north and doesn't kill me and my family here in the south tx. I don't know what I'd do though. I guess I would hold my kids and pray to God to keep us safe. Oh yea, and fill up the bath tubs for sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, let's get the timeline straight.

Do you want to know what I do after I clean the poop from my underwear? 'Cause that will probably be the first thing I'll be doing!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Id put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye!

Or punch someone in the face (preforably my boss)..... Hell why not?

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

if you view the old movies abt. nuclear war and shelters etc. then they say if your mouth is closed it could
cause your eardrums to rupture..ok, stay away from windows for flying debris etc..get out of the blast
light..the more shelter the better...they showed folks making a make shift cover with mattresses inside
their home in one movie..i got the idea it's pretty much hopeless task BUT just maybe you would make
it if you remembered some safety precautions..meaningless as they might seem at the time.
how WOULD you move away from the blast area ( if it strikes dirt it makes FALLOUT ) IF YOU COULD
NO LONGER SEE OR HEAR?
just an ol' ladies two cents worth here..sigh..hope it does not happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

MOTF!

Originally posted by signal2noise
Well, let's get the timeline straight.

Do you want to know what I do after I clean the poop from my underwear? 'Cause that will probably be the first thing I'll be doing!

LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know we're not supposed to post one liners but I would go into PANIC SEX mode lol

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by njl51

if you view the old movies abt. nuclear war and shelters etc. then they say if your mouth is closed it could
cause your eardrums to rupture..ok, stay away from windows for flying debris etc..get out of the blast
light..the more shelter the better...they showed folks making a make shift cover with mattresses inside
their home in one movie..i got the idea it's pretty much hopeless task BUT just maybe you would make
it if you remembered some safety precautions..meaningless as they might seem at the time.
how WOULD you move away from the blast area ( if it strikes dirt it makes FALLOUT ) IF YOU COULD
NO LONGER SEE OR HEAR?
just an ol' ladies two cents worth here..sigh..hope it does not happen.

well you are correct. Doesnt seem like much to do. During tornado warnings we would pile in the bathtub with a mattress on top of us. Bathtub is pretty solid and with a matress on top most debris is harmless (except crushing debris)

Britt Im in S. Texas too and I hate to break it to you. San Antonio is in the top 10 of nuclear targets. Why? Its the 'fortress' to the southern border. Plus we have no basements...

link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

MOTF!

I'd go find Sonata.
Whatever he is on, I think it would cushion the blow.

link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I know we're not supposed to post one liners but I would go into PANIC SEX mode lol

l o l
2nd

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Deleted post!

Mods feel free to delete.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: Removing rude term. Not directed at anyone but still possibly offensive.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Find my girlfriend in the house and do her like it was our last night on earth. If we live then oh well, she would never dump me after that

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Try to have as much random meaningless sex as I could before the outlying extremities of my body started to drop off through radiation poisoning.

Edit to add
Just another ordinary day then really

edit on 3-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Id like to think I would go outside to marvel at the beauty just before a flying Volvo smacks me upside the head. I guess.... idk really.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you can last three days after an explosion that is close enough to matter (via fallout also) you can walk out.

The problem is the radiation from the blast (duh..!) and the radiation from the particulate matter known as fallout, or, aka the stuff that got tossed into the atmosphere from the explosion. It will be HIGHLY radioactive for about three days and the energy from it will tear the cells walls which make up your body to shreds. One thing is to keep from breathing this particulate matter and get as much mass between you and said radioactive particulate matter. So, make a fort in your basement and pile as much stuff on it as possible. If you have a lead dome that would be great. If not a cave would be nice. If not that, pile everything you can around you. Kitchen sink even if you can and have time. The mass will absorb some of the radiation.

Btw, water does not absorb radiation. Funny that. So water, check, it's good so long as it's not loaded with dust from fallout. Oh, those cans of food you have handy for the end of the world. They are now glow in the dark. Enjoy..

If you can hold tight for three days you can walk out provided you have water.

Three days....

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
If you can last three days after an explosion that is close enough to matter (via fallout also) you can walk out.

The problem is the radiation from the blast (duh..!) and the radiation from the particulate matter known as fallout, or, aka the stuff that got tossed into the atmosphere from the explosion. It will be HIGHLY radioactive for about three days and the energy from it will tear the cells walls which make up your body to shreds. One thing is to keep from breathing this particulate matter and get as much mass between you and said radioactive particulate matter. So, make a fort in your basement and pile as much stuff on it as possible. If you have a lead dome that would be great. If not a cave would be nice. If not that, pile everything you can around you. Kitchen sink even if you can and have time. The mass will absorb some of the radiation.

Btw, water does not absorb radiation. Funny that. So water, check, it's good so long as it's not loaded with dust from fallout. Oh, those cans of food you have handy for the end of the world. They are now glow in the dark. Enjoy..

If you can hold tight for three days you can walk out provided you have water.

Three days....

A friend of mine believes if he covers himself in microwavable cling film (plastic wrap) he can walk around outside.
edit: Not me btw

edit on 4-11-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Had that happen a few days ago. No winds though. Flash of light seen by two buildings full of employees followed by a singular boom. No news about it, even though it was reported, and no clue WTF it was. I just file it away with all the UFO sightings of recent or the increased military presence.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by minkey53

l o l
2nd

Yessss
and again,... yesss

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well here is a great little tool to have in case you want to check out an interactive nuclear detonation map. You can type in any address and then see how far reaching it is and what those affects are.

meyerweb.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join