It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to spend 500 million dollars on embassy in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow.. so how has this been going so far?
Well...

A new report from the State Department Inspector General's Office found that a private security firm in Afghanistan hired more than 400 Nepalese nationals

The Nepalese nationals were hired by ArmorGroup with no background investigations. They had little or no training, spoke little English and many had little or no skill with firearms. In addition, ArmorGroup did not supply the guards with weapons as dictated by the contract for more than two years. An estimated 101 U.S. weapons are unaccounted or missing, costing the government $431,000, according to the report.

www.cbsnews.com...

ArmorGroup is not the one chosen though, it is Caddell Construction who got the bid.

Still though, is it worth it?
Is 500Mil worth it?

They say they need to help the country but the extremely large majority of the population hates it that there's a massive "embassy" there with 90% miiltary officers.

Thoughts?

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hmuDhk6gDGOjUtRZAT866kfUXV8g?docId=CNG.a84306ebdc147800f85911b77a52d16b.1e1]www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Only 500 millions? with all the trillions that the government already had dumped into bailing out the economy? it sounds like pennies to me, truly I got the impression that the embassy was running in the billions.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
with all the trillions that the government already had dumped into bailing out the economy? it sounds like pennies to me

That deserves a thread on it's own
I'm sure that's how Zimbabwe started
millions looking like thousands, billions looking like millions and trillions... also looking like millions.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A drop in the bucket compared to the 8 billion dollar base being built in Guam, or the 2.3 trillion the Pentagon "misplaced". The Military-Industrial Complex, gotta love it!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Seriously we need to look into the old news on this because I am very sure that it was billions the amount on the predictions.

Something doesn't add.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

We could pay for this, if Obama canceled his trip to India.
2nd

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
2 1/2 days of Obama in India equals a brand new addition to the Embassy? That sounds like a bargain!

US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Actually we have been bribing Pakistan at a tune of between 1.2 to 2 billion dollars a year, and this embassy will only cost 500 million dollars?.

Now for what I have been able to dig, most of the billions of dollars already committed in Afghanistan has gone to the hands of politicians just like as corrupted as the US, paying for luxurious villages in Dubai at the expenses of tax payer in the US, to get the American dream, and the corruption goes on and on.

Also is been complains by the military and private interest "tourism" in Afghanistan embassy right now that they need more billions of dollars to keep operations, and the embassy is only going to cost 500 million dollars, I think somebody is sugar coating the figures amid the economy downfall in the US and the unsatisfied American tax payer

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Wow.. so how has this been going so far?
Well...

A new report from the State Department Inspector General's Office found that a private security firm in Afghanistan hired more than 400 Nepalese nationals

The Nepalese nationals were hired by ArmorGroup with no background investigations. They had little or no training, spoke little English and many had little or no skill with firearms. In addition, ArmorGroup did not supply the guards with weapons as dictated by the contract for more than two years. An estimated 101 U.S. weapons are unaccounted or missing, costing the government $431,000, according to the report.

www.cbsnews.com...

ArmorGroup is not the one chosen though, it is Caddell Construction who got the bid.

Still though, is it worth it?
Is 500Mil worth it?

They say they need to help the country but the extremely large majority of the population hates it that there's a massive "embassy" there with 90% miiltary officers.

Thoughts?

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hmuDhk6gDGOjUtRZAT866kfUXV8g?docId=CNG.a84306ebdc147800f85911b77a52d16b.1e1]www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yep, and they tell lies. They have been bombing and killing there for 10 years, how is that helping the country? Would you like that kind of 'help'??? Sorry, I find it hard to believe that anyone with a grain of common sense can really believe the false propaganda that this is helping Afghanistan.

Note that this is the same old financial terrorism at work. It's also called money laundering. Congress agrees billions of dollars in 'aid' for Afghanistan, for example, then they' start constructing in that country - but they give the contracts to AMERICAN companies, NOT AFGHANS. That way the taxpayers' money is once again siphoned off into the bank accounts of the Corporates. The money goes straight from the treasury into the Corporation.

I have no doubt that if you asked the Afghans whether American invasion is helping them, and whether they want a huge US Embassy in their country, the answer would be a resouding NO.

This is more US Corporate lies and deceit and terrorism.
edit on 3-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Still...

The vast Majority also doesn't want the Taliban [With their twisted version or Islam] back in power either.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You're right Marg, this is actually a deal in comparison. We will need several more embassy's, and embassy upgrades all over the world if we are to occupy every square inch of the planet. Then we will need housing for all the civilian contractors and their families if we are to rebuild the cities of all the countries we blow to smithereens.
Why spend that money on unemployment, or any of the myriad of things we need in this country? Oy

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you sure about that?

Do you think the Afghan people believe that justifies the US raising their country to the ground and killing hundreds of thousands of their innocents?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Only 500 millions? with all the trillions that the government already had dumped into bailing out the economy? it sounds like pennies to me, truly I got the impression that the embassy was running in the billions.

Funny how the right wingers consider that "pennies" but when our OWN tax-paying neighbors and friends HERE IN AMERICA are layed off through NO FAULT of their own you do not consider an extension for them "pennies".

But when its for the WAR MACHINE, EH, NO BIG DEAL ITS ONLY PENNIES.

SAD, SAD, SAD, TRAITORS!!!!!! Un-American TRAITORS.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Thoughts?

Still...

The vast Majority also doesn't want the Taliban [With their twisted version or Islam] back in power either.

lol.. I'm sure they're just begging to live the GOP & DNC puppet lifestyle.. after all their neighbors in Iran loved it so much under the Shah.. and look how elated Iraqis are the be rescued by freedom..lmao.. And I'm sure Afghans are in awe at how awesome Pakistan has become since befriending the infidel empire.. lol

Ill bet millions of Americans, if given the opportunity, would join the fight to be free from the DC mafias fake left/right corporate fascism under the Fed..

Iranians kicked out a US puppet, Vietnamese after them.. Iraqis & Afghanis are still fighting after 9-10 years with no end in sight.. seems fairly obvious to me enough people have died resisting the republican & democrat Federal Reserve lifestyle.. maybe American occupations are "not welcome" by the natives?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Is 500Mil worth it?

Thoughts?

Only if it comes with an olympic size heated swimming pool, racketball courts and a movie theatre.

edit on 3-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Do you think the Afghan people believe that justifies the US raising their country to the ground and killing hundreds of thousands of their innocents?

Prove that the US has killed hundreds of thousands of Afghans

Then we'll talk.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My friend even if that is truth US will never tell what it has done in the name of freedom while occupying a country that is not of their own, neither will admit to the corruption, money waste and mismanagement of tax payer dollars or how they are awarding contracts to mercenaries to keep the black market of arms dealers and opium going, let no forget paying Taliban with tax payer dollars to be "nice".

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by wcitizen

Prove that the US has killed hundreds of thousands of Afghans

Then we'll talk.

You're answering a question with a different question. No deal.

second
edit on 3-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I thought so. People makes claims all the time doesn't mean it's true.
You are aware that before the US/NATO invaded that there was a civil war going on to oust the Taliban from power right? That it was actually the Afghan Northern Alliance with US air support that actually kicked the Taliban to the street right?

I know it's a popular belief but it's a fallacy

Latest headlines...

11/3/2010 3:29 PM ET
Five Civilians Killed By Taliban In Afghanistan

At least five Afghan civilians have been killed in an attack by Taliban militants in Southern Afghanistan, the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said on Wednesday. According to a communique, the militants actually intended to target Nato troops but ended up attacking innocent civilians.

Here's a little history of "Civilians killed" in 2009/2010.

January 12, 2010 at 10:13 p.m.
UN: Taliban cause civilian deaths to soar

KABUL — Taliban suicide bombings and other attacks caused Afghan civilian deaths to soar last year to the highest annual level of the war, a U.N. report found Wednesday, while deaths attributed to allied troops dropped nearly 30 percent. Many Afghans now blame the violence on the Taliban rather than foreign forces.

Jan. 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM
Taliban blamed for most civilian deaths

KABUL, Afghanistan, Jan. 13 (UPI) -- Afghanistan's civilian casualties in 2009 rose 14 percent from the previous year, with the Taliban responsible for most of the deaths, a U.N. report said. The "vast majority" of the deaths were caused by Taliban attacks, says the report by the U.N. Assistance Mission in Afghanistan.

08/08/2010 12:57:49 PM PDT
Afghan commission: Civilian deaths up in 2010

The Taliban and their allies were responsible for 68 percent of the at least 1,325 civilian deaths recorded by the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission, the organization said in a report. Twenty-three percent were ascribed to NATO or Afghan government forces.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join