It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted speeding through British airspace???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010;

Airport chiefs were on alert today after a UFO was spotted speeding through British airspace – on FOUR separate occasions.

And;

The object – described as an orange-coloured ‘glowing orb’ – has now been seen on at least four occasions since June. It was even caught on video by one man, who said the craft was ”silent” as it flew over Newquay Airport on September 19.

www.youtube.com...

Well , interesting, the video is not very good but you can make out an object.This report needs more information on it.The sources at the airport that this article claims to be quoting need to be given;Cannot find any other main stream media coverage or reporting of this incident, just think we need the verification that this airport official/s said what they said in the below external text.What do you guys and gals think, balloon, hoax??

An airport spokeswoman spokesman said it was now investigating after receiving the video footage, taken at 9.30pm. She said: ”It is extremely unlikely that the object is an aircraft using the airport because there was no flight scheduled that time. ”Unfortunately the footage is quite blurry because of foggy conditions so we are unable to positively identify what it is.”

source; swns.com...
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: video link correction

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Haven't seen the video yet since YT states it still in the process of being uploaded.

But I can say (going by the description in the OP) that this orange orb was a Sky Lantern. I lit a couple of them on Halloween and that is exactly what they look like.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

The video has been removed from YT.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OK, got it. Looks like a mylar balloon to me, the quality of the video is terrible but I suppose that when you see something that astounds you it's somewhat difficult to NOT shake a bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting. A lot of jerking in the Video. At first it looked like a bird, but I'm not sure. Maybe the video and the story are not connected.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

It hasn't mate, try again, it was still being uploaded by the user.

Now that I have seen it, looks like a half deflated balloon, then again I dont know because the video quality is like EVERY SINGLE UFO video out there:

1. Blurry
  2. Pixelated
  3. Shakey cam
  4. Broken frames
  5. Obstructed view point

link   
Something may be going on here......
Here is one of my threads....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see these sometimes above my town and now they see them in UK airspace????

link   
Would this be the same thing in this thead?? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the imput so far guys.Here is the u- tube poster of that video and the witness to this sightingt,here is his quote on it from the u- tube comments section;

Not sure what to say about this but thought i should put it on YT. This was taken on 10/10/10 at about 6.30pm over Newquay Airport in Cornwall UK. It flew past me with no sound and i just caught it out of the corner of my eye, grabbed camera and shot what i could. Is it a balloon or something else??? Any answers are greatly appreciated. Sorry about the shakey footage.

source link of u tube poster;

www.youtube.com...

Maybe we can post some questions to him and gauge his responses.The u tube link i provided in my OP is working fine for me, i would like to add, here is another link for it, it has not been removed to my knowledge anyway;

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: correction for link;

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
Would this be the same thing in this thead?? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mmm, well;Is Brighton near Newquay Airport, Cornwall;Or is this object travelling around in different locations either near to or close to this airport.

The low-flying object has been seen travelling through the sky over Newquay Airport, Cornwall and moving

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There seems to be a motif going on here with these silent bright orange glowing orbs. And anyone who is on the same page here, and has seen one of these, knows it is not chinese lanterns. They move fast, are not lights from a plane/helicopter, tend to have variances in brightness and can move randomly. Then they just vanish. At least that is what I have seen on 4 different occasions, 2 of which contained multiple glowing orbs. They appear to be streetlight-orange.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinealexplorer
There seems to be a motif going on here with these silent bright orange glowing orbs. And anyone who is on the same page here, and has seen one of these, knows it is not chinese lanterns. They move fast, are not lights from a plane/helicopter, tend to have variances in brightness and can move randomly. Then they just vanish. At least that is what I have seen on 4 different occasions, 2 of which contained multiple glowing orbs. They appear to be streetlight-orange.

Interesting summary you gave on your own personal sightings.Lanterns seem void by the descriptions you gave of the object you witnessed , is there a motif going on here ,could be but we need to have some verification that the airport official in the OP stated what they stated on this object i think.Also the u-tuber who witnessed and videoed this object needs questioning too i feel.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So on the first page of the discussion, the claims have already been made that it; 1: Is a Lantern. 2: A balloon. 3: A bird.

So, as usual, no one is able to tell what it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

which airports were effected?
did they holt flights?
have you seen the other vids of high speed orbs
do you know if they were tracked on ground based radar

have these sightings become COMMON

not all of these lanterns can travel fast enough to show up at different airports and on radar

any other info?

xp

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
why is it that everything that is orb like or oragne is a latern...? cant some people accept that it might not be?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

which airports were effected?
did they holt flights?
have you seen the other vids of high speed orbs
do you know if they were tracked on ground based radar

have these sightings become COMMON

not all of these lanterns can travel fast enough to show up at different airports and on radar

any other info?

Sorry for such a late reply ,good points you made.This needs some more digging and questions aimed at the u tuber who took this video.Will see what i can dig up.

xp

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Originally posted by claireaudient

It hasn't mate, try again, it was still being uploaded by the user.

Now that I have seen it, looks like a half deflated balloon, then again I dont know because the video quality is like EVERY SINGLE UFO video out there:

1. Blurry
  2. Pixelated
  3. Shakey cam
  4. Broken frames
  5. Obstructed view point

Yeh its a damn shame steven spielberg isnt on hand to film em all isnt it?
edit on 4-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This interesting, iv seen two of these lights on boxing day last year and i couldnt explain what they was. certainly was not chineese lanterns. they were to big to fast and to bright.

Anyway while reading this thread i just thought of an idea, What if we here on ATS had a date every year where we all film the sky for as long as we possably can, preferably at night. If we could get this "WORLD FILM THE SKY DAY" to go beyond ATS it would be evan better. it would greatly increase our chances of seeing objects such as the ones explained in the OP

Thanks
edit on 4-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
1st line: on 10/10/10 @ 18:30 in Newquay it would be err.....dark
2nd line: It's a bin bag with a frame inside and powered by err....fire (same as a chinese lantern)
3rd line: I get them over my house in London and I'm waiting for an aircraft taking off from City airport hitting one of these stupid ****ing things.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

An airport spokeswoman spokesman said it was now investigating after receiving the video footage, taken at 9.30pm. She said: ”It is extremely unlikely that the object is an aircraft using the airport because there was no flight scheduled that time. ”Unfortunately the footage is quite blurry because of foggy conditions so we are unable to positively identify what it is.”

source; swns.com...
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: video link correction

It is completely and utterly pitch black at 9:30pm. If this isn't an innocent typo then, well... I don't really know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join