It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on thoughts?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

KrypticCriminal,

Without going into the science of what thoughts are and where they come from, my personal take on the matter is that our mind is like a theater having an "open mic night". All the different unconscious processes/modules are the audience and our conscience is the stage. Whenever one of our unconscious modules has something to share with the other modules, it takes the stage and in doing so transfers the information to the other modules.

The conscious mind perceives the performance on stage as "all there is" because it can't see the audience through the bright spotlights and goes ahead with concluding that the information given on stage is complete and sees it as a free thought .........

I know it's a crummy theory but like any theater, you have good nights and you have bad nights......tonight is a bad night in my head.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My thoughts are usually memories of the past, usually of the more prominent memories. Also my thoughts usually are of conversations that I have had with others. I also have random thoughts, as If I was able to hear when other people are talking about me. Knowing that, thoughts are basically when I talk to myself inside my own mind, and perhaps when other people are talking about me inside my own mind, I guess that the less that I talk during a given day, the less thoughts that I have. The more complex thoughts I have are more like imaginations, like dreams that last for a few seconds but are crammed with memories, sort of like bubbles, or distortions to the fabric of my true character.
edit on 18-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Put simply, thoughts are processed information.
Raw information would be like a pain signal from a cut on your foot. The brain processes it, and you have a thought that you should bandage it to avoid infections, etc. That's the simple way to see it.

But, I like to think that thoughts can also be broadcast outside the body, via some kind of wave that we just haven't developed an instrument to see yet. However, some of our fellow humans can receive it (maybe even dogs, etc., like when my dogs know my wife will be driving up soon)....we simply aren't attuned enough to detect them on a regular basis.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Everything is thought:
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join