It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia: are our minds restless because of an impending event? Report in.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lately, I've been suffering from insomnia. I've tried every way of getting to sleep: Melatonin a couple of hours before bed; staying away from computer and television screens before bed; hot baths; excercising; getting exhausted ... everything! I can't get to sleep without struggling, tossing, and turning until late in the night (or is it early in the morning?).

Even when I had the flu a few days ago, I still couldn't sleep.

Now I don't know what to think about all of this, but here is my theory: Perhaps, subconsciously, our mind's are restless because of an impending "event". I'm not sure what it will be, perhaps a natural disaster of some sorts. I liken it to how dogs can freak out before earth quakes.

My question to my brothers and sisters here on ATS is: have you had similar troubles, or am I all alone in this?

Please, let me know!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
Lately, I've been suffering from insomnia. I've tried every way of getting to sleep: Melatonin a couple of hours before bed; staying away from computer and television screens before bed; hot baths; excercising; getting exhausted ... everything! I can't get to sleep without struggling, tossing, and turning until late in the night (or is it early in the morning?).

Even when I had the flu a few days ago, I still couldn't sleep.

Now I don't know what to think about all of this, but here is my theory: Perhaps, subconsciously, our mind's are restless because of an impending "event". I'm not sure what it will be, perhaps a natural disaster of some sorts. I liken it to how dogs can freak out before earth quakes.

My question to my brothers and sisters here on ATS is: have you had similar troubles, or am I all alone in this?

Please, let me know!

I have been having terrible insomnia for months now. I get night sweats when I am trying to go to sleep; it's a sense of anxiety that something bad is coming.

That's part of why I joined ATS.
edit on 2-11-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Last sunday I was awake all night and that rarely ever happens to me. The next night I had trouble too. Come to think of it the past week I have been falling asleep way later than usual.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've had terrible insomnia since I was a child, it comes in waves, some months are terrible and I can sometimes go without sleep for 3 days at a time. I haven't had a bad attack for months though.

Can you think of anything in your personal / work life at all that is causing extra stress at the moment?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I've had terrible insomnia since I was a child, it comes in waves, some months are terrible and I can sometimes go without sleep for 3 days at a time. I haven't had a bad attack for months though.

Can you think of anything in your personal / work life at all that is causing extra stress at the moment?

Truly, I'm not an individual that gets stressed out much at all.
Work is going great: they are planning on promoting me to a supervisor.
School is good: recieving straight A's.
Senior Thesis: coming along decently.

No, I can't think of anthing at the moment.

Question to you: do the "waves of insomnia" seem to get worse around the time that any horrible events happened? As in: 9/11/01, Hurrican Katrina, Tsunami events, Haiti Earthquake, ect.?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Pay attention to your pets, folks.

...or the birds.
edit on 2-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Hmm I can't say that I've ever thought about if the insomnia coincides with things like that, not that I've noticed but I couldn't say no for sure.

One thing I have been having lately is lots of very bad nightmares, for about the last month, they don't focus on anything specific, but that isn't all that unusual for me either. Me and sleep don't really get on

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Interesting idea.
My dog has been restless the last few nights and keeps waking me up.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No insomnia here... but have been able to actually recall some dreams - though nothing of importance in them. It is very rare for me to recall any dream activity - in addition i have been rather moody and more tired than usual

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i've been having trouble getting sleep at night as well. i'm sure its a coincidence that trouble sleeping began with my becoming a member of ats. i do believe in a conscious collective. meaning that when a great many people are extremely worried or anxious about the same issue or idea, we are all somewhat affected by it. or at least that's how i like to believe it. and late at nights i think maybe some of us are actually worrying about the same strange things we read about here on ats. my sleepless interludes coincide with depressing thoughts that bad things are going to come our way very soon, and i am unable to protect the ones i care about

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Up until about 7 years ago i used to be a 10.30 to bed person, but insomnia caught me up, and im not sure why, i can take a few nitols, have a couple of drinks and still im lucky if if get to sleep before 2.30, its ten to 2 now that im writing this, i dont know what happened to me really, but you may be right, i have something in the back of my mind constantly. God i wish i could kip!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think it's just common with people that are both waking up spiritually and people that just have an everlasting curiosity to know the truth. My insomnia worsened as I learned more and more and continued to research everything..

I don't think I realized how I was stressing my mind. I've learned how to take in information and research with minimal stress. Especially here, on a conspiracy based website/forum, I'd bet it's extremely common.. all of my conspiracy "theories" have come up in my mind as I go to sleep and it's sure to keep anyone up if they can't control their thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

This is something i've noticed as well but i do get a vague feeling of dread.A sort of something bad is going to happen,something which will adversly affect me personally.

btw it is almost 2 o'clock in the morning and still can't sleep

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well just the opposite for me
I have been rather sleepless for months.
and for the last three weeks been sleeping better.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

but you know what makes me feel better? stars. which is why i gave you one.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

Yup same here....i havent slept for a day, i last slept saturday night
im having real trouble sleeping lately...ive always stayed up late...like 1am but its now 2am, and im not even mildly tired dispite having no sleep for 30 hours ish

Its very windy tonight in england....another thing to keep me awake lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

the wind it seems is what we had week ago,.
good luck sleeping through that

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Thanks

Actually is it just me or has anybody else been feeling a vague dread

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
insomniac here

I just feel that time is speeding up and I don't have enough waking hours to do all the things I want and need to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Is it like you can't turn your mind off when you try to sleep?

That is what was happening to me several years ago.

I would try to sleep but my mind seemed to go into high gear going over everything that was going on in my business and in the world.

Finally I decided to see a doctor.
I started taking Prozac in 1995. That helped greatly for several years.

Last year doctor prescribed Xanax to help me relax and sleep at night.

Of course I do not like living in a chemical world but I need sleep and I need peace of mind.

We are not just now living in interesting times.
All 63 years of my life have been a fast ride of events.
And it is speeding up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join