It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul wins Senate Seat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

I am not really a fan of Rand Paul because he too closely supports the Republican agenda. However, I must hope that his father will influence him more in the days to come to stop his war mongering posture. Even if I wouldn't have voted for him this might be a testament of things to come. People are pissed and they are taking their anger out voting anti-establishment candidates.

My plea to everyone though is, do not take our eyes off our newly elected leaders and hold them to vote for the people first over any special interest or government control.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kentucky chose and they chose wisely!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
He will do absolutely NOTHING for middle class people. He is a shill for the rich, as all the Tea Party is

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

yeah.....look at al those rich Tea Partiers out there!

Puhhhhlllleaaaase

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Good job Rand Paul! I was hoping people didn't confuse him with his kooky father.

This should set the stage for a great evening!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Congrats To Paul!

Also Congrats to KY for not chosing a complete fool that probably trips on his own legs.
Man that guy was a complete idiot.... holy moly.... that guy was sooo dumbbb!!!

jack conway, what a joke, that guy was a clown and a half

Not only is this a win for Rand, but it's also a win for politics as a whole
Yes it's a win for politics and people's voting power that the opponent that tried to turn the entire voting process into a soap opera didn't win, and the only guy focusing on the issues won!

Yes,,, it IS a win!

Conway should apologize to KY, he really should
He never spoke of pressing issues, only stupid rumors and BS

Congrats KY!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Something else I want to say

How can Jack Conway have ever received the position of attorney general?
He accused Rand Paul of kidnapping based on an anonymous liberal web forum posting

How can such a person have received attorney general?????

Forget the Senate Seat, kick this guy out of any decision making power PERIOD!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Rand Paul wins! What do we win? NOTHING.

Quit putting hope into this man...he isn't fighting for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Also Alan Grayson did not get Re-Elected

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree David. He is too closely aligned to the Neocon agenda it is frightening that he is Ron Paul's son. Although I do not agree with everything Ron Paul believes, at least his agenda seems clear and I can trust it no matter how much I disagree.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Congrats to Congressman Rand Paul.
Another Tea Partier takes a seat
in congress.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is about as exciting as Christine O'Donnel's southern counterpart getting a seat in the Senate. Oh well....I guess Aqua Buddha gave his blessings after all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Also Alan Grayson did not get Re-Elected

He was one of the FEW who were going after the fraud in the Federal Reserve and the financial industry.

You like this? I know the man is an ass like most of them....but he's the only one who seemed to show any sack against the Federal Reserve.
edit on 2-11-2010 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
He was one of the FEW who were going after the fraud in the Federal Reserve and the financial industry.

You like this? I know the man is an ass like most of them....but he's the only one who seemed to show any sack against the Federal Reserve.
edit on 2-11-2010 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

I agree, you can see from the thread I made in this section that I metioned exactly what you mentioned

but other than the FED he was a complete monkey

Nothing but Partisan Bickering, perhaps the audit of the FED was just a show

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is Rand's Political Victory Speech

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

watch out America. There's a new third party in town...the democrats

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for posting his victory speech. I must have missed the part about Capitalism being within the Constitution last time I read it. Free exchange of goods yes. Government not interfering with business unless it not in the interests of the public good yes. Fiscal responsibility yes. But Capitalism in it's current form inside America is just government supported rich people who gain protection of the government to control the means of production, and the people are left without even their water rights under their properties.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ron paul's son will not fall far from tree.
He will do what's right even if it make's him look nut's to the new's.

Allso i will add this.
Him winning is based a lot on his opponent used the obama scheme.
The whole slander campaign that obama used on sarah palin and mcain.
People in Kentucky are not like people from California..
When we see a person go after a person with a smear campaign...it miens 100% they are not the person for the job.
We don't second guess there intentions.
The first impression they give is the one that stick's..and is always true.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
...He accused Rand Paul of kidnapping based on an anonymous liberal web forum posting

Do you have any sources to back this claim up? I had not heard of this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

In 6 months it will be apparent that Rand Paul has embraced the pressure from the lobbyist and corporate interests. His campaign speech was nothing more than pandering to fools that have a hard time facing the reality that the old paradigm is dead.

Nothing will change and Rand Paul knows it. At least the TPM can feel good until they realize they have been chumped by a politician and his rhetoric. Or perhaps they will let their ideology get in the way of their common seance and remain faithful to a fantasy.

Mark my words, Rand Paul will vote the GOP party line and continue the corporate welfare state while the middle class withers and dies.

It's a brave new world, nothing is as it seems.

edit on 3-11-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join