It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama "visit" to India costs 200 million. Per day.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
200 million dollars a day. One heck of a party.

www.ndtv.com...

Something is going on here. Who else is flying in? Is this a Bilderberg meeting that they are trying to keep secret?
200 million dollars a DAY. Who are these people? What has happened to our government?

How can anybody defend this administration?

Adds up to me if they "at least" make a 2 billion dollar profit + for U.S. businesses and
pay for their trip eh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yes exactly, and once again they could release info which would settle the question, but they don't. Wonder why?, Gibbs 'It doesn't cost $200 million per day' could be a play on words - he doesn't actually say it costs less than that - that is what we understand. He could even actually be saying it costs more than that.

Nope. Selective listening at its finest. He also said that number was "WILDLY INFLATED." There is no debate on what that could mean. It means that the number is WAY HIGHER than the real number. Pretty clear right there.

This was also pretty clear too.

"The costs are comparable to when President (Bill) Clinton or President (George) Bush travelled abroad," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Thursday. "This trip doesn't cost $200 million a day," he said.

But do not let the rest of what he actually said get in the way of your unsourced fairy tale.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Yes, and the only people parroting it are those with an agenda.

Something that would constitute proof?
Price per day per room of the hotel they're supposedly booking the whole of.
Price per person per flight.
Price per 'war ship'
etc.

Break down an approximation based on reasonable figures into the prices that they would cost per day...you'll definitely get a lot less than $200 million per day.

Add to that the amount of savings you'd get for booking an entire hotel (bulk purchase) and how much of the trip is sponsored by the local government and local businesses.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Yes exactly, and once again they could release info which would settle the question, but they don't. Wonder why?, Gibbs 'It doesn't cost $200 million per day' could be a play on words - he doesn't actually say it costs less than that - that is what we understand. He could even actually be saying it costs more than that.

Nope. Selective listening at its finest. He also said that number was "WILDLY INFLATED." There is no debate on what that could mean. It means that the number is WAY HIGHER than the real number. Pretty clear right there.

This was also pretty clear too.

"The costs are comparable to when President (Bill) Clinton or President (George) Bush travelled abroad," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Thursday. "This trip doesn't cost $200 million a day," he said.

But do not let the rest of what he actually said get in the way of your unsourced fairy tale.

Ok, I hadn't seen that part of what he said. My bad..

Now, what's with the why ascerbic, accusatory, arrogant, self-righrteous nasty tone?
That's a rhetorical question - does not require a response.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Now, what's with the why ascerbic, accusatory, arrogant, self-righrteous nasty tone?
That's a rhetorical question - does not require a response.

Well let me answer anyway. In the last two weeks ATS has been flooded with these insane rumors people are picking up from tabloids and anonymous sources. Many of them, just like this one, do not even make real sense in any logical way whatsoever. I tried asking some questions and I was called a mindless Obamanaut. I tried introducing some logic and I was called a paid disinfo shill. Here in this very thread it took 10 pages just to get you to read a whole quote instead of cherry picking. It is getting both annoying and sad to keep getting called names and being accused of working for someone only to keep turning out to be right. I ran out of nice.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why doesnt this have the [HOAX] label??

It has been proven time and again in this thread that the OP was fantasy, and nowhere near the real numbers.
It is another "The Democrats are economic Grim Reapers!" propaganda piece.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Why doesnt this have the [HOAX] label??

It has been proven time and again in this thread that the OP was fantasy, and nowhere near the real numbers.
It is another "The Democrats are economic Grim Reapers!" propaganda piece.

I second the call to HOAX this.

Otherwise ATS is just spreading misinformation.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

This has NOT been shown to be false. It has been widely criticized, but not debunked with data.
It is not a hoax unless the reporting news agency retracts it with cause.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Deny ignorance stewie. its false and you know it.

you dont need evidence to debunk, you need evidence to assert something..there was never evidence of 200million/ day
edit on 9-11-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I don't know that it is false, and it actually could be much higher. You don't know, either.
Tell me this, who do YOU trust? A Pentagon that loses track of trillions, or Gibbs that would lie to Jesus Christ himself for his boss?
This story has as much merit as anything coming out of the mouths of our politicians, PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well by that token, lets just believe everything we hear as long as it doesnt come from the government!
I heard that Obama is shapeshifting reptoid from some guy on youtube. He cant prove it, but hes not the government, so it must be true right??

You got beat in this one. Accept it. Deny ignorance. Its OK, you dont have to "win" every time. Just say it with me: "Sorry, I got caught up in the moment. I will seek the truth, no matter if it is painful, in my quest to deny ignorance."

You can do it stewie!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

How could a single visit to India cost more daily than the War in Afghanistan

We have tens of thousands of soldiers in that conflict, and it's costing us $180 million a day.
The current number is probably around 80,000.

That's not counting all of the equipment, lodging, electricity, fuel, transport, weapons, etc.

I guess...well, I guess you want to kill logic.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am not trying to win, I am only saying it has not proven to be a hoax AND I do not find it to be outrageous. The federal government is spending money like there is no tomorrow, and frankly, based on the news daily, there may not BE a tomorrow. At least not one that any of us want.
We are really not on opposite sides, I don't believe. You don't think it is possible based on what you believe to be the truth, and I think it is possible based upon what I DON'T know to be the truth.
We have the same adversary, and it is not each other.
The story was reported in a legitimate news agency. Let me know if there is any sort of retraction, and I will do the same. Otherwise, it may be false, maybe not, but certainly NOT a hoax at this point.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join