It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama "visit" to India costs 200 million. Per day.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by Curiousisall

I already have!! lol.. That's the amount allocated for the FY (fiscal year) of 2010. The grand total as of 2010 is estimated at $1.08 trillion.

You're giving me bald spots I swear. lol

Right now let me ask you another question. Is a fiscal year longer than, shorter than, or equal to a day?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh, now you're going back to say you meant the war efforts per day.

Still those numbers divided by 365 is twice your figures - 378 million a day. I even tried to divide by 365.25 to see if I could get your numbers. Still just less than 2x.

Better luck next time! I'm sure if we were treating our soldiers over there as well as we will be treating the entourage the story would be more telling.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh, now you're going back to say you meant the war efforts per day.

Nope, I am pointing out you are not someone to hand out English lessons.

You said my numbers were off. Do you remember what I said about my numbers? Let me refresh your memory.

Originally posted by Curiousisall
We are discussing totals here and as has been posted more than once, the war in Afghanistan costs around $190 Million a day.

See that part at the end? Go back a few pages and check. That is where I put up my numbers you said I was wrong about.

Still those numbers divided by 365 is twice your figures - 378 million a day. I even tried to divide by 365.25 to see if I could get your numbers. Still just less than 2x.

I am not sure you understood the chart any more than you understood what "a day" meant.

Better luck next time! I'm sure if we were treating our soldiers over there as well as we will be treating the entourage the story would be more telling.

Wow, you are a lot of fun.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Hey, how about this. Just for the fun of it and since I feel so baddly that you lost the "a day" round, how about we give you a bonus question. It is clear you were mistaken on the time table issue and we have covered that but can you please share with the class which column you get your $138 Billion from? Please please please?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

lets see just exactly who this source is for the costs...
its a opinion from some Indian/Hindi reporter.....

sheeze let me star this crapo too

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Stewie

lets see just exactly who this source is for the costs...
its a opinion from some Indian/Hindi reporter.....

Exactly!

It has been a long standing policy of the white house to withhold information regarding travel budgets until after the trip is complete; at which time, the Government Accountability Office releases the figures.

But hey, let's throw that policy out the window and disclose the travel budget to an anonymous Indian official.

I laugh at anyone who buys into this nonsense. If ATS is looking to deny ignorance, then this thread is certainly a great place to start "separating the wheat from the chaff".

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Once again, I did share the source. Here it is again. www.infoplease.com...

I'm simply not going to explain how 138.6 billion divided by 365 = ~380 million. Plus you're gonna further break it down and itemize the war effort to just include one face of the war and get close to your number.

I still don't see how you can compare the cost of soldiers living in mobile complexes and eating military food to that of a 800 strong VIP booking an entire hotel, eating extravagant meals, and employing a huge security detail.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Dude........that number is wars (plural) in total. Afghanistan is 72.9.

72,900,000,000 / by 365days is ???????????

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

I know, I know ~199 million.

I guess all we can do is wait for the actual numbers to be fed to us if we're still around to debate about it.

I've already said it, any amount is too much given the current economic situation of the country. The fact that this trip was planned so close to the election cycle also proves how inept this administration is.

I don't see how anyone can defend the judgment call to take a trip like this. It's mind boggling. The American populace sent a clear message demanding some form of austerity. Things like this is why we were mad in the first place.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Actually, the source is considered reliable or the news agency wouldn't use him/her, don't you think?

Here is another article from the source NDTV, India.

www.ndtv.com...

A "glowing" piece about Michelle.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Once again, I did share the source. Here it is again. www.infoplease.com...

I'm simply not going to explain how 138.6 billion divided by 365 = ~380 million. Plus you're gonna further break it down and itemize the war effort to just include one face of the war and get close to your number.

No I am simply going to point out that the number you are using from that chart is the total yearly cost of the in Afghanistand AND IRAQ. Now why would you include the price for Iraq when you know full well I was only speaking of Afghanistan? Go back and look at that chart and see if you can get the right number. No need to break anything down. You just need to read the chart and look at the right box this time.

I still don't see how you can compare the cost of soldiers living in mobile complexes and eating military food to that of a 800 strong VIP booking an entire hotel, eating extravagant meals, and employing a huge security detail.

At this point I am not sure you can see anything. I said the daily cost of the war in Afghanistan cost about $190 Million a day. You provided a chart that confirms that and spent how many pages now using the yearly cost of both wars to tell me my numbers were wrong?

Let me know when you figure out how to read that chart. The number you are looking for is right there. Hint: The first digit is 7.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
reply to post by PayMeh

Dude........that number is wars (plural) in total. Afghanistan is 72.9.

72,900,000,000 / by 365days is ???????????

Roughly 199 Million.

Thank you for actually reading the chart.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Things like this is why we were mad in the first place.

Things like what? This is what I still do not understand.
What things specifically and can you try to keep them in the realm of facts and not a single unsourced rumor? Please.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So let me ask you this. When the figures come out, what total amount are you willing to swallow as acceptable? Go ahead and tell us now, so when the report comes out, if it's over the number you give us, you can't back track to argue for it being a justifiable cost.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To all of the people clamoring over the anonymous source. Are you dense or straight up in denial?

Everyone knows that you do not name your sources or lose that source, and more than likely every other source you have.

I thought this would be common knowledge, especially amongst "intelligent" people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

What things specifically and can you try to keep them in the realm of facts and not a single unsourced rumor? Please.

Unnecessary spending. Government waste. All the over the top. This to me and many others is over the top. We don't care about the numbers, it's the process. Same thing with the legislation that has been passed in the past two years. HCR could make money hand over fist, and it would not make it right. We're fed up with the air of royalty that has been shown in this administration. I was anti-Bush as well but for slightly different reasons. Him and Cheney were bullies. This admin has taken the stance of a monarchy in their policies and in how they present themselves to the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What I would like to see is an approximate from the White House on just how much it will cost per day.

The WH spokesman, Mr. Gibbs is on record saying that the trip doesn't cost $200 million per day. Evidently he is either lying, or he has some idea of what it does cost. I said lying, I should say ' is talking out of his butt'.

If it was considerably less than $200 million/day as they would like us to believe, why not just come out on the record and say that??? As in HOW MUCH?
edit on 5-11-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Yes exactly, and once again they could release info which would settle the question, but they don't. Wonder why?, Gibbs 'It doesn't cost $200 million per day' could be a play on words - he doesn't actually say it costs less than that - that is what we understand. He could even actually be saying it costs more than that.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Its taken the dog, what worries me...

Poor little dog....

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

So let me ask you this. When the figures come out, what total amount are you willing to swallow as acceptable? Go ahead and tell us now, so when the report comes out, if it's over the number you give us, you can't back track to argue for it being a justifiable cost.

Listen up this time because I am not going to spend another 3 pages repeating myself just for you. You just got down telling me that I am wrong over and over and over again only to provide the actual proof that what I said was 100% spot on. You kind of lost your credibility in this discussion. You are just so eager to complain about anything and everything Obama or government right now you are blind. You are so blind that you cannot even read your own charts and you are cocky about you inability to see what you are posting. The opportunity to have an adult conversation that was based upon an understanding of what was being written by the person you try to have that discussion with went out the window about 3 pages ago.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Unnecessary spending. Government waste. All the over the top.

When you have a real number and you can justify the idea that it is somehow outlandish compared to similar trips by any other president ever, then get back to us. Until then, you are getting upset about spending that was just made up when there are real problems you could actually be dealing with instead of wasting time being upset over fantasies. I am not sure why this concept is so hard to grasp. I can only guess that most of you do not actually ever want to do anything so it is easier to sit at your computer and complain about Obama being a secret Kenyan Gay Muslim who spends more money that is even possible on a trip that is part of his job to take that it would be to go out and deal with the real problems in the economy like real government waste that we can actually confirm and prove is happening. I know, crazy talk.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join