It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO: Coalition Forces Kill Nearly 100 Afghan Insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Article

NATO and Afghan officials say more than 90 insurgents have been killed during heavy fighting in southern Afghanistan.

The officials say at least 78 insurgents were killed Saturday as coalition forces repelled an attack on a NATO outpost in southeastern Paktika province. Five NATO troops were injured in the fighting.

Article2

Foreign fighters from Arab countries and Chechnya were among the bodies found, Paktika Province Governor Muhibullah Samim said.

I dont really have much to say about this, I just thought Id share it on here.

Looks like the taliban are stepping up attacks.This looks like a pretty major assault. Around 100 insurgents killed.....didnt NATO say, not too long ago, that we were looking for only a few hundred taliban? This battle looks like it must of took a good chunk out of their forces.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

For every dead, 10 more will take their place.

Not long from now, there will a thousand insurgents attacking the occupying bases.

This won't solve anything, as even US generals say clearly that this war can't be won militarily.

More so, if they only gain access to 100 stingers, the occupying forces will be doomed.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Oh look, chechens being mentioned....I wonder if any russian special forces happen to be operating in nato already? Ahead of thier(russia) announcement of wanting to join and help out.
edit on 11/2/2010 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

Ive heard that Russia is willing to help NATO, but dont want to send their troops in. Instead they are supposed to help with supply, logistics, and stuff like that.

I havent heard of any mention of chechens in the past, only this time. I could see Russia beefing up their operations in Chechnya, but I would doubt they would send in combat troops into Afghanistan. Ill be watching to see if Russia says anything about this.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
i dunno, they look like civilians to me. how were they killed? bunker buster or hellfire?

our troops don't really engage in gun fights and if they do they'll need air support.

new topics

top topics

join