It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Revealed: New evidence in UFO mystery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Rendlesham Revealed: New evidence in UFO mystery
By Mark Murphy
BBC Suffolk Breakfast Show presenter

Now after 30 years, I'm hoping to reveal what happened in Rendlesham Forest and have joined up with the East Anglian Daily Times to finally uncover the events of December 1980.

On the evening of Friday, 17 December I'll be presenting a special programme on BBC Radio Suffolk from the Bentwaters Cold War Museum.

I'll be revealing new evidence that I believe will finally reveal the truth and put the conspiracy theories to bed for good.

Just in time for Christmas! Should be an interesting show to say the least. I didn't see any links for a pod cast. Will anyone here be able to get a recording uploaded? Or at least listen and tell us what they have to say?

Edited to add: Looks like the BBC Suffolk hasn't told the East Anglian Daily Times he has new evidence. Should be a fun train wreck to watch.

Help us solve the Rendlesham UFO mystery
By Staff Reporter Monday, 1 November, 2010

AFTER 30 years, the Rendlesham forest “UFO’’ incident remains one of Suffolk’s most famous unsolved mysteries – but now the East Anglian Daily Times and BBC Radio Suffolk want to find out what really happened. Our two organisations are joining forces in an investigation we are calling “Rendlesham Revealed’’, and we are aiming to unlock the enduring mystery in time for the 30th anniversary in December.

edit on 1-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Look forward to that event. I hope they don't settle on the lighthouse theory again, that's was bologne

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Putting conspiracy theories to bed ey? Those some fighting words.. Get your debunking shoes on, we going dancing.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Flag and star here...
Rendelsham has always fascinated me. The Halt memo and the corresponding recordings are very good pieces of evidence. I look forward to hearing the new pieces of evidence upcoming. The amount of evidence on this case is already pretty good, and I don't think it will be damning evidence of the three guards standing around a lighthouse with a dumb look on their faces. I can't speculate what it might be yet, but I bet it will be good.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Mmmm, big cheesy grin and holding an inflatable alien. I'd guess he will attempt a debunk or make a joke about the whole thing...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about these two reporters? The only thing the articles mention is that "neither" are a fan of the UFO phenomena. Wonder which TV theme song they will pick? Maybe it will be Doctor Who since it is the BBC.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Good catch. S&F from me too except who is Mark Murphy and as you pointed out "Looks like the BBC Suffolk hasn't told the East Anglian Daily Times he has new evidence. Should be a fun train wreck to watch.

So, if it's not hype from Mr. Murphy ala a History Channel-style tease of "New Information!" that always fails to deliver as promised then that would be interesting. But Murphy is BBC so hopefully he is competent right?.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Seem's like he's a fairly credible journalist, but like some above mentioned, I hope theres no talk of lighthouses.

Mark also has an unhealthy obsession with the UFO sightings in Rendlesham Forest in 1980. "I'm determined one day to find out what really happened that night," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Launching Rendlesham Revealed with BBC Radio Suffolk breakfast show presenter Mark Murphy, EADT editor Terry Hunt said: “As any EADT journalist will tell you, I am not usually a great fan of UFO stories, but this is different.

That's the only information I have about the hosts. I wonder if a "Breakfast Show" on BBC Radio is the same thing as the morning commute shows in the US?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

it's a regional show, only suffolk will hear it, although it'll be available on the bbc website. Personally I don't know anyone who listens to regional radio shows.

edit on 1-11-2010 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What conspiracy theories? I am singularly unaware of any conspiracy theories surrounding Rendlesham.

In the end, we have a bunch of people claim they saw something strange over a period of a couple of nights and those who say they didn't, there's no conspiracy element to it at all is there? Given the nature of the location of the claimed happening there was always going to be a reluctance, on behalf of the government and military, to talk much about it and play down anything *strange*. In 1980 the last thing they wanted was a mottley bunch of Ufologists setting up camp around such a sensitive air base. Nothing conspiratorial about that as far as i can see.

The Brits conspired to keep it quiet and sweep it under the carpet? ..Ummm no, that's exactly what they did.

Personally, I'd be far more heartened if the blurb had said. The BBC attempt to draw all the available evidence together, hopefully unearth some new details and maybe, shed some new light on what happened that night 30 years ago. Then again, it would be unbelievably naive to ever expect people to actually advertise something in a less than sensationalist manner.

I would also caution the following. The media tends to be months, if not years behind the times, with regards to UFOs and the current state of play on any given case. If they dish up the "I set fire to my truck it was me they saw" as their New evidence"I shall not be a happy bunny at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBunsen
I'd guess he will attempt a debunk or make a joke about the whole thing...

I hope not! The last thing we need is the likes of Danny Dyer and Evan Davies again. Patronising to say the least. It would be nice to have some impartial, serious and sensitive handling of the subject for a change.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Those reporters have stuck their feet into a danged if you do, danged if you don't situation. Even calling for witnesses in advance, will be used against them when it hits the fan. Should be fun.

I'm going to check out BBC's website and see if there is any way to listen in the US.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They will have a copy at their web site to listen to the program.

Link

They have a blurb on the current show giving a few details about what they plan to do. They will be interviewing several townsfolk about what they saw that night. I like man on the street interviews. If anyone wants to take a listen you can find it at the 6:29 mark.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Absolutely right. There are no conspiracy theories. I don't want to pre-empt what this reporter is going to 'reveal' but it seems clear to me that any explanation has to account for Halt's statement (from 3:00 minutes onwards)

To wit, a glowing red object with a dark centre moving through the trees, winking like an eye and dripping something like molten metal before silently exploding into 5 separate objects.

"One object approached us at very high speed, best guess is 3 to 5 thousand feet...stopped directly overhead and sent down a concentrated beam at our feet, it was about 1 foot in diameter."

I look forward to hearing Mr Murphy's explanation.

edit on 2/11/2010 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
BBC or any other TV channel will only say what they have been told to say to continue the lie.
I for one mayl watch [if I remember it's on] but I seriously doubt any NEW evidence will be dislcosed, it'll just be 'it may have looked like a UFO , felt like a UFO , had all the signs of a UFO but we really don't know if it WAS a UFO'.
And so the mystery will continue.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws

Launching Rendlesham Revealed with BBC Radio Suffolk breakfast show presenter Mark Murphy, EADT editor Terry Hunt said: “As any EADT journalist will tell you, I am not usually a great fan of UFO stories, but this is different.

That's the only information I have about the hosts. I wonder if a "Breakfast Show" on BBC Radio is the same thing as the morning commute shows in the US?

I think they're the same thing - music, news headlines, traffic reports interspersed with fluffy 'news' items and inane chit-chat? This particular one is local news and comment rather than music.

There's more detail at 1h 13m at www.bbc.co.uk...

This section plays parts of the halt tape and Mark Murphy talks about how he is (fairly) confident of explaining the sightings during his December show. He stresses that the object seen was 'triangular' so presumably that is important to his explanation.

I wonder if he's going to say it was an Apollo module suspended from a helicopter?

At 2h 46 he chat's with another reporter who talks about a guy who said he hoaxed it (possibly Kevin Conde?) but Mark Murphy says that is not his explanation
edit on 2/11/2010 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sounds like its going to be another de-bunking feast. And they will most prob come to the conclusion that the sightings were a mix of the lighthouse, Kevin Conde and a meteor shower.

To me, the rendlesham case proves that some people will not hold their hands up and say "i don't know what the objects were" There de-bunking belief system kicks in, hence that stupid explanations

I don't think we will ever get to the bottom of rendleshem, just like roswell and other good cases.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Most of the most of the morning drive time radio in my area call themselves "The Morning Zoo." They mainly tell bad jokes, pull stupid pranks, spend time laughing at their own quips and act like they're clever. So it's really not the same. I liked the little bit of the BBC Suffolk I listened to last night.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I fail to understand the problem with the "Rendlesham Sighting". The following article explains it fully

Ren dlesham Explained

Now that thats settled, let us move onto other matters

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join