It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political painting: Common man, Obama & the Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here is a cool video showing a painting which denounces Obama and his administration. The painting is fairly powerful as it shows a distraught ordinary citizen next to Obama who is stepping on the Constitution.

Here is a link to the authors website with a larger version of the painting along with other political art.
Link is here

I find the painting very powerful and I can feel the man's grief on the bench.

edit on 11/1/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
1) I love that painting, it's hilarious

2) The presidents of old would be more appalled at the Corporate greed, lies of social mobility, the banking industry, and big business.

3) Jefferson and many many many others believed that each generation should draft their own constitutions so that the laws of the land would actually be relevant to the state of the world and society.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
1) I love that painting, it's hilarious

Good, glad you enjoyed it.

2) The presidents of old would be more appalled at the Corporate greed, lies of social mobility, the banking industry, and big business.

I doubt it since all you mentioned was around during their time.

3) Jefferson and many many many others believed that each generation should draft their own constitutions so that the laws of the land would actually be relevant to the state of the world and society.

Again, I doubt it since the Constitution has an Amendment process for changes. The Constitution was not meant to be rewritten every generation. That idea is just ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Great Video there . I am also sure that if our Founding Fathers were Alive Today to see what our Great Nation has become , they would React to it something like this.........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Great Video there . I am also sure that if our Founding Fathers were Alive Today to see what our Great Nation has become , they would React to it something like this.........

www.youtube.com...

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying the founding fathers would be saying it's to late to apologize? If so, apologize to who? for what?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Great painting.

I like this interactive...

www.mcnaughtonart.com...

You can mouse over the presidents and other things.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Great subject but there is already this:
Awesome thread already created by Slayer69 from 3-10-10 here.

Check it out and add more to it!
NWO and the Forgotten Man?

edit on 1-11-2010 by havok because: I wanted to add the original source title...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It's To Late to Apologize for Trashing that great Document those Gentlemen Penned that gave us all the Freedoms we enjoy today in this Country . There is No Excuse for todays Goverment's Defience of our Constitution is what I was Implying there. .

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

It's To Late to Apologize for Trashing that great Document those Gentlemen Penned that gave us all the Freedoms we enjoy today in this Country . There is No Excuse for todays Goverment's Defience of our Constitution is what I was Implying there. .

Ah, I got it now.

I totally agree with you. I only hope it's not to late to reverse course.

top topics

join