It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Brother can you spare a dime': Man begs to Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Simply speaking, you will not be able to get 2 feet from that particular person without clearance. That being said, enjoy the experiment.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Simply speaking, you will not be able to get 2 feet from that particular person without clearance. That being said, enjoy the experiment.

I doubt it. They probably have bullet proof glass and re enforced steel. They have a Vice Puppet if anything happens anyway. If they have a new President they will be able to put in some fresh dung legislation.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What's wrong with people? Why do they think a homeless guy needs to wear raggedy clothes? Have you any idea how much clothing is thrown out? This isn't the 1920s anymore. The age of materialism introduced the age of waste... People throw out perfectly good clothing and shoes because they go out of style.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Maybe it was! the resemblance is uncanny...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Intelearthling

this image is word a thousands words

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dcfb12122b1.jpg[/atsimg]

someone in need of real help and sorry peon you don't matter and the plights of millions of other americans do not mean anything to the left or obama but their own lust and greedy for power.

this image is indeed iconic of today and tomorrow and the next 2 years.

leftist democratic party of the little person well i don't know how much smaller that you can get than that poor soul may god have mercy because the left sure doesn't.
edit on 1-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Maybe this was on this gentle man's mind. obama you have forsaken the people and maybe the gentle man was thinking about Luke 9:25 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?
All the gentle man asked for is can you spare a dime but we all know this gentle man's heart is made of solid Gold. ^Y^
edit on 1-11-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
blackpoliticalthought.blogspot.com...

the above link credits the photos to Reuters Larry Downing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

these pics of the kneeling man are NOT a hoax or
GOP Propaganda against Obama.

These pics were taken by Reuters photographer
Larry Downing who is one of 4 White House Staff
Photographers. A lil about Larry Downing:

Larry Downing is a Reuters senior staff photographer assigned to the White House. He shares that duty with three other staff photographers. He has lived in Washington since 1977 and has been assigned to cover the White House since 1978. He worked for United Press International and Newsweek Magazine before joining Reuters as a stringer in 1997 and then as staff in 1999.

Obama is the fifth president he's been assigned to photograph at the White House in the last 32 years. Each presidency was unique and enjoyable to document. He remembers flying back and forth aboard Air Force One with President Carter while he brokered peace between Egypt and Israel in the late 70’s. He then documented his success on the North Lawn of the White House with a three-way handshake between Egypt’s Sadat, Israel’s Begin and Carter.

So as you can see Mr. Downing also had a few other famous
photos. The one of Sadat, Carter and Begin.

This is NOT a hoax and was not staged by this photographer.
So you can rule out a GOP Propaganda agenda.
However, who the kneeling man is and what he was
doing there remains a mystery.

blogs.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Actually it does look like Dave Chappelle. But your right, there is no way that he could give that man anything. He would be besieged by people like this wherever he went.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I'm not nearly as rich as Obama, but I'd spare the man some money.
I find it sad that people like that are treated in an animal like way, people walk past them like they don't even exist. Especially if they're at the presidential level.
Money, the root of all evil, yet we can't live with it, we can't live without it.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What would happen if a man did this by Bush's vehicle? Now or when he was president?

On topic, this is staged. No way secret service would allow this to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Have you read his posts? Liberals are the cause of every evil in the world and probably all natural disasters too.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

" Have you read his posts? Liberals are the cause of every evil in the world and probably all natural disasters too. "

This Is TRUE . ............

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by neo96

On topic, this is staged.

I can now call you a liar:

You are a liar.

*It is against the rules to make up lies on ATS.

Please stop telling lies on ATS.

If you lie, people will regard you as a liar, such as I do.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
>_>

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Ok, sorry. It is my opinion that this was staged.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I agree. I also wonder why you can only find this one particular picture when searching the internet on this story..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The part that gets me is that the beggar goes through hell every day and gets nothing. Obama does nothing and siphons off of my paycheck to live his lavish lifestyle. Why doesn't he get out there and actually work for change? I know that's what I'm doing every day...I work for the change I want.
Obama is the perfect example of our welfare state.
In reference to another recent thread: 'I don't know what to think' some members are complaining how people on food stamps somehow get enough money from the state to by national brand foods and good cuts of meat and somehow pull out wads of cash to buy their booze and cigarettes (I have seen it too, I work at a grocery store).
So this is the true irony in our society: the "poor" and the politicians use our honest-earned tax dollars to fund their lavish lifestyles while still having a little extra left over for even more fun.

I hope you enjoyed your breakfast Mr. President, I probably paid for it.

Sorry this is kind of "ranty" welfare abuse is a touchy subject for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nittin

I also wonder why you can only find this one particular picture when searching the internet on this story..

How many hours have you spent researching the matter?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Staged?
wth?

Some genius said he is kneeling on a towel?

No, that is a piece of garbage, under ONE knee.

Because his shoes have some white on them, and because his clothes are not completely ragged,
He must be employed?

Seriously?

Are people really this ignorant? on ATS?

Duh, Course they are.

and even if he was employed,
He can still easily be HUNGRY,
his family, if he has one, may be hungry..
even if he has a job.

I have a job, and I have to "go hungry" sometimes.

and, "There is no way SS would let him get "this close" to the vehicle"?

Don't be so simple,
There are other peoople all around him, that are practically as close to the vehicle as this man is,
he simply stepped one step forward and knelt down.

god god,
you people must be insane to constantly pretend like you know everything, 100%.

and you are the ones who call yourselves "rational" and "critical thinkers" and who "deny ignorance".
You are fooling no one but yourselves.

You don;t know anything, stop pretending, and remove your heads.

Pffft.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This may or may not have been staged, the dude may or may not be homeless. Either way, this is not a big deal.

I know I sound cold right now, but only the people that were there truly know what actually happened; the cars could have been moving during the photo (not likely) for all we know. Who knows, Obama could have been trying to give him change but got the heck no from the SS.

Also, even if they did just ignore the man, we have all done the same thing before.

I stopped giving money to bums. I will give a out cigarette or my doggy bag if my heading home from gettin some grub or a beer if Im coming back from the store but no money. The reason being is because I was speaking to a bum who was sad he ONLY made 75 bucks that day and it was around 5pm.

75 bucks is a hotel room and a bottle of booze or what ever he was into, no reason to be sad. If I was a bum I would be damn happy to have any amount of money, not be sad cause I only made 75 bucks that day.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm surprised Michelle didn't hand him a piece of cake out her window.
(marie antoinette style)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join