It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments review air security after Yemen plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Governments review air security after Yemen plot

ca.news.yahoo.com

By Tim Castle
ADVERTISEMENT

LONDON (Reuters) - Governments, airlines and aviation authorities around the world were reviewing security on Monday after U.S.-bound parcel bombs sent by air from Yemen were intercepted in Dubai and Britain.

In London, Prime Minister David Cameron convened a crisis committee to decide Britain's response after one of the packages was found on a United Parcel Service cargo plane at East Midlands Airport, north of London, on Friday.

The other bomb was discovered in a computer printer cartridge in a parcel at a FedEx facility in Dubai.

The findings disclo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I feel that what happened in was a false flag attack although that is just my opinion. There is a huge amount of articles in the news just relating to that one scare and it is hard not to believe that this wasn't set up somehow..I could be completely wrong but I would like to know your opinions on the article. Who do you guys think was truly behind the plot? Could this be a distraction or a way of imposing new laws? What do you guys think?

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nittin
I feel that what happened in was a false flag attack although that is just my opinion.

No # sherlock
this came 34 hours after they started talking about taking down certain security measures lets look at the evidence :

1. The bomb threat appeared in a smaller airport than that of LHR
2. US have occupied Yemen and there is some really strange # going on there at the moment.
3. This threat was discovered 24 hours after certain countries were deciding to take down certain restrictions
4. There is an election in the states and this looks real good to the people in play
5. Its always the USA
6. There are other means of transport other than plane
7. The media reported that the items in question were not bombs and were declared harmless some time later the story changed hmm I wonder why? Nice little story that can fuel the flames of the war on terror !

Too many coincedences again people. This was meant to terrorise and it appears the masses are now going to roll over and be controlled freely by any means possible.
edit on 1-11-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I believe it was just another ploy to scare people so they will accept even more draconian security measures. For now they just want to look at naked bodies prior to boarding. Soon enough you'll have to fly wearing some sort of bodystocking that has been authorized by DHS. No doubt you'll have to change into your approved flightwear while being watched by TSA goons.

Based on this article, the incident could not happen as stated by our worthless DHS nitwits:

www.breitbart.com...

You know the criminals in DC must really hate the internet and how rapidly they can be shown as the corrupt, incompetent, worthless pieces of bull manure that they are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-11-2010 by bozzchem because: Added ATS thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ok if we are to believe all this crap we have to assume two things

1. the governemt and all its agency for the first time got there sh!t together, and they are right on the ball ( just have to LOL at that one)

or
2. They are full of it as usual and this is all staged and planned

figured i'd keep it simple and just stick with logic ....
edit on 1-11-2010 by all answers exist because: speilling

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well at least one good thing may come from this latest drama-It looks like the Uk government are looking at implementing the sort of "chemical sniffer" technology that I have been shouting about since I first learned that the X Ray body scanners don't pick up some explosives.

The tech is out there already,but the government (until now) has prefered the second rate,not to say intrusive full body scanners.
Or the even more intrusive testicular feelings of the US TSA...(you know,those enhanced pat downs which would be considered sexual assault if done by anyone else.)

Makes you wonder why they didn't go in for the better detecting option in the first place...

We are now told on SKY BBC etc that these bombs would have passed through security and exploded in mid air,if it was not for an ex Al Queada member who has decided to become a good boy all of a sudden.

It all sounds like really bad theatre to me,and in really poor taste.

The goon talking head "security experts" on the MSM are all having a conniption fit about these cowards who attempt to bomb innocent western civilians....

Makes you wonder,how do the family members of innocent civilians feel in A'stan/Iraq/P'stan feel when a drone wipes out half of their village/family....

Its not rocket science to understand that these folks feel at least as terrorised by what they have to put up with as we in the west when face with a bomb/suicide attack.

I would hazard a guess that folks who witness their families maimed and blown out of existence are far more likley to pick up a gun/bomb and join some nutter terror group to get revenge.

But what do I know?

edit on 1/11/2010 by Silcone Synapse because: Brackets

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nittin

Well, have you ever lost a package in shipment? How long does it take the parcel company to locate the package? Now imagine the scope of this problem, worldwide shipments of packages could be anywhere in the world, on any plane, in any warehouse. They somehow in 24 hours locate 20 something packages all containing bombs in all these individual locations, on different planes and countries. What did they do open every package to check them? I think not. Did they run them all through thermal imaging equipment knowing anyone of them could have exploded at anytime? How did they possibly find every single one of the devices in boxes in all these locations in such a short time? Good detective work? Why do they think it is over, that they found them all? Why do we have pictures of the bombs when protocol of any bomb squad would be to not use any electrical device around the bombs, and to which they would detonate suspected packages, not open them up to take pictures.

Yes this is a false flag terror attack. By who we do not know. But we can readily look to which corporations stand to benefit from such security measures that will be implemented.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It actually seems like no small miracle that these PETN devices did not explode when put through the usual routine of air freight handlers who sometimes may literally "chuck" packages onto planes,or air turbulance,as this substance is shock sensitive!

Pentaerythritoltetranitrate (PETN)
PETN is a powerful high explosive with 140% the power of TNT. Because PETN is more sensitive to shock or friction than TNT, it is primarily used in small caliber ammunition.

web.fccj.org...

Its also a major part of semtex,which was an IRA favorite.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

If I MUST Endure being " Sniffed " in order to Board a Flight Overseas , I would rather it be done the Old Fashioned way instead of being subjected to a Dehumanizing Machine ......................

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Nicely summed up, that man!

A second line, cause he said it all!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

What I was speaking of involves a machine which would scan a wide area,say the airport check in zone.
You would no longer be dehumanised by the full body scan/search,as this tech would pinpoint any explosives as a dot on a screen-then the security people could intercept the source.

Its much less invasive and harmful than the current system(no naked images,just a dot on a screen)much more effective,and is already proved to work.

No physical "sniffing" or anything weird like that friend,and a much better detection rate for explosives.

Im sure I posted a link about it on an ATS thread when the whole body scanner thing began,I shall attempt to locate the post.

May take a while though.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

That's what I was looking for. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join