It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Iran would rescue economy!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hmm.. seems to me that this is history repeating itself. We will strike out against Iran just as the Romans did. We are nearing the end of the Roman Republic and soon we will enter the age of the Roman Empire.

Our course, that is just my impression. I think I will read "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" when I am done with my current book. However, this "hub" is an interesting take on the subject hubpages.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just more government BS trying to gain popular support for attacking Iran since nothing else is working. War never helps the economy it is a myth! It just racks up more debt. For a country spending a trillion a year on a military budget that is all borrowed it is the height of ridiculousness to suggest war would help the economy recover.

These insane psychopaths that rule this country will be the death of the America if they are not stopped!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Sarah Brightman - What you never know

Sarah Brightman - The Journey Home

The War Is Over Now ( Sarah Brightman And Kazim Al Sahir)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Some great and thought provoking replies here!

On the topic of Broder himself I thought you folks might enjoy this Rense piece... I for one had never heard of the man before the Washington Post article.

www.rense.com...

-- he calls anti-war Democrats "elitist;"

-- on October 7, 1969 he "lament(ed) that the nasty anti-war activists were out to 'break' an unfairly maligned president named Nixon;"

-- in 2005, he "touted President Bush's response to Hurricane Katrina;"

-- in 2006, he "praised Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld as 'stalwarts of economic and national security policy;' "

-- the same year he wanted journalists "to apologize to Karl Rove" for outing Valerie Plame; and

-- besides other hard-right extremists, he supports Joe Lieberman and John McCain.

Luckily none of us took him seriously anyway. Sounds like Broder and this guy would get a long like a house on fire.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They're not at Iran yet. Pay attention to Yemen. They've released recently that "special agents" are going into Yemen to "assist" with the terrorist factions there. Soon enough it will be hey we've found a lot of problems here let us occupy your country or else...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If we went to war with this country we would solve alot of Israel's problems but that isn't America's best interest right now.

Companies have not reported their interest in invading these territories. Speculators are victimizing land owners hand over fist.

Rare mineral extraction for these countries are the main focus for these companies to cause deflation in these markets.

Soon these people will have no means of any civil commerce because they will have little resources for commerce.

Israelis the most politically stagnate country who insights the very thing America reclaimed their lands for.

Soon they will be fighting African Nations and even Asian nations if you support warlord polices it will only attract more warlords.

Genocide and race based religion based on Zionism is only comparable to Notzie's practices.

When their slave state rebelled they only sought to extrodite their people as rebels.

If you want to live in a victomization poltical system which has parallels with slavery your well on your way!

The Moffia moved out of the stock market into florin interest.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am not in the US but i did read this post carefully, as well as some replies.
The solution to the economic problems are not war with Iran but the restructuring of your economy.
This is so funny because your gov.\mil has the way.
For years you have been duped into thinking that oil and only oil was the way to success.
Your gov. has patents locked up that could make every home, transportation and food production
established at little cost. this would give every homeowner and everyone the ability to have a LIFE.
It would reduce any carbon footprint and increase the quality of life.
Factories would arise to manufacture, new technologies would develop at a rapid rate and efficiency would be at it's peak.
Don't be miffed as other countries did the same thing. Times are changing and others are catching on quickly and if you keep on a kill your neighbor attitude to be self sufficient, you will be left in the dust,
as if you kill everyone that is supplying your goods then you will have no infrastructure to survive.
You are a good country that has been turned around from your original ideal in the name of profit greed and corruption. You have the ability to turn this around as we all believe in your goodness. The choice is yours.
Do you follow progress and suppress it or do you lead and show the world you want everyone to be free?

Peace to all!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I see what you are saying , and I cant help but agree with your assessment of the situation, with regard to your comments suggesting that either an external or internal conflict is on the cards. I also agree that idealy, if an internal conflict were to occur, that it would be prefferable if it were as bloodless as possible.
We have also accord on the assumption that the government would not allow that to happen. It is my belief that if they begin an even more disasterous and violent foreign policy , and the people of our nation stand against it in any meaningful and effective manner, then the government will likely as not be as inflamatory and un democratic about dealing with the unrest of its population as you can imagine. For instance, when legitimate anti war marches are held, and millions line the streets, you can bet the riot act will be read to them, and protestors will be blamed for any violence which arises from the situation. Arrests will be made of legitimate persons within that movement, and all public outcry against those injustices will either be unheeded, or the matter will be tied up in litigation and legalese for a ridiculous period of say ten years, so that the whole thing blows over, or at least so any effective movement of peaceful protest is left headless.
This will reduce the scale of protests, and possibly reduce the numbers of persons willing to actualy DO anything about it, to a hard core of increasingly put upon moralists. Effectively they will be forced by the government to either put up with the situation, and the ruination of the name of Great Britain, or spill blood to save its collective soul. They will create monsters of good men, to hide thier sin, and the shame which accompanies it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
War with Iran would rescue the government's failed economy, however it will in slave us to the factories, take away all of our resources for war, and most likely leave millions of teens dead on the battlefield, not to mention what would happen to the people of Iran. No thanks! Come to think of it, that sounds exactly like what the powers that be want out of us...

<< 1  2   >>

join