It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Moon: 6H Asteriod 1181

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
While at a halloween party last night my nephew was playing around with the Google Sky feature on his phone, we held it to the brightest 'star' in the sky, which 2 different people said looked like more than one object, it was large and bright. The same 'star' is visible tonight as well. Anyway google sky named it '6H' and when I was trying to find out something about it as a star, I was finding nothing. I tryed looking for it as an asteriod, and guess what? Yep, it is an asteroid that is located between Mars and Jupiter.

It is also known as Lillith, and as 'the earth's second moon', due to it's following the earth much like the moon does. The mythology of this 'godess lillith' is very interesting.

Lillith, the first wife of Adam, who refused to be submissive and so Adam turned her away ( this was the first time I had ever heard this 5000 yr old story) she is independant, stong and unwilling to be submissive.

The asteroid seems to represent split off, demonized aspects of the feminine, the result of long-standing cultural projections that perceive powerful feminine roles and attributes as shameful, untrustworthy, and dangerous. Our personal Lilith placement may show where we struggle with social judgments that define how the feminine qualities should be expressed in order to "fit in." It is the point where we may most need to cast off socially-imposed role models of the feminine that deny her true instinct and vitality. These cultural definitions define us, but are not us. Here we may not be seen clearly. A prominent asteroid Lilith placement in the birth chart may indicate a person who does not fit the cultural stereotype, leading to some kind of exile from the community.

It is thought that this asteriod calls on us to confront relationships when it appears, and resolve conflict:

tribes.tribe.net...

www.expreso.co.cr...

So now I am fully intrigued about this asteroid, I had mentioned to my husband earlier today, there were an awful lot of domestic violence related issues in the news this morning, shootings in Atlanta that were just wildly unbelievable and related to a domestic dispute, a woman north of this county who shot and killed her husband of many years, claiming years of violence, and now I have to wonder does this asteriod or dust cloud really have some kind of influence over relationships and resolve? There is much out there to read on it, and a lot of dispute about it, one would have to just research and make up their mind, but regardless of what you think-it is there, it is bright, and it appeared right on time.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

The story of Lillith has always been one that not many people know about. I had only ever learned it about 10 years ago when I .was researching the origin of the name for the Lillith Fair concert series featuring many female artists. It was then that I learned of the story because the concerts were actually named for the biblical figure. I can not say if I ever have seen the asteroid though. I am about to run out and grab a pack of smokes so i will check out online where exactly in the sky she is tonight. Thank you for the insight though. The heavens above have always fascinated me and learning what each light is and being able to recognize it is something that I have always loved. Tonight i will add one more and tomorrow night Iwill teach my son. Thanks again Star and flag

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thank you! Yes I think the stars and planets are fascinating, I am certainly no expert, I just like seeing them and trying to figure out what they are, this one has managed to get past me until now!

I am still reading up o Lillith, it has set a fire under me for some reason, I had no idea it exsisted, I guess there is some good to technology, if my nephew hadn't used his fancy ass phone and google skyed it, I would have never known! Now I think I am going to have to get a phone with google sky for myself!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here is just another story of Lilith.

The story of Lilith is an ancient myth, believed to be of Hebrew origin.

The myth claims that Lilith was Adam's original mate, created by God from the same clay from which Adam was made. The story is that she declared herself equal to man, refused to submit to Adam's will, and fled the Garden of Eden. Because of this, Lilith was cursed by God and is only vaguely remembered in the myth as a demoness. It was after this that God made Eve from Adam's rib, symbolic of her submissive role to men forever.

The story, while not of Biblical origin, expresses the same kind of sexist belief that has been written into the Bible record, which at best is only a twisted history of the human experience. Lilith's story is completely omitted from the Book of Genesis, and in the entire Bible, there is only one fleeting reference to her in the Book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 34:14 reads: "Wildcats shall meet with hyenas, goat-demons shall call to each other; there too Lilith shall repose, and find a place to rest." It is a strange, brooding reflection on the tragedy of a woman left cursed and broken, but for some reason, never completely forgotten.

The ancient writing that tells the story of Lilith was produced in medieval times. In a sick, satirical work known as the Alphabet of Ben Sirah, Lilith is portrayed as a magician who chose to leave Adam's side because she would not be his submissive slave. The entire book seems to mock the Old Testament stories, yet strangely enough, many contemporary Jewish writings refer to the work as proof of the story of Lilith and use it in an attempt to support Rabbinic legend. And this legend, just like the Christian story, teaches that man is superior to women.

The story is a lie.

Through the technique of technical remote viewing, coupled with the natural and well-developed skills of psychic functioning, certain people have taken a look at the Lilith story and learned something very interesting.

Lilith really existed. She appears to be the first of a genetically altered species of Homo sapien, a woman who pared off with the first man. She was a great magician and a powerful goddess figure. She and the Adam Kadmon were unique in that they may have been created to possess both the "x" and the "y" chromosome. Lilith and the Adam Kadmon were one.

Their world was perfect then. Both Adam and Lilith had great mental skills. They communicated mind-to-mind. They could move objects with mere thought. They could easily leave their bodies and go back into the spiritual world from which they came. Their genetic code was so pure they were resistant to disease. And the world they created was, indeed, a perfect Garden of Eden. There was a wonderful vapor canopy surrounding it that made the planet a paradise. The temperature was constant. There were no storms. Vegetation grew in abundance and food was plentiful for both man and beast.

I have written in the past about the invasion of aliens whom we have accepted for thousands of years as friendly "angels." Another name for them has been Annunocki Some aliens have, indeed, looked out for our well being. But the majority of them did not support the mating of Adam Kadmon with Lilith. These two "first" humans were genetically perfect, and their seed was capable of producing a super human race of powerful god-humans, who could not be controlled by the angels as were the other humanoids living on this planet. Rather than allow this, they created Eve, the whore.

perdurabo10.tripod.com...

If this isnt even true, its a great read, about a kick butt (you know what I mean) woman.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the timely tip

Magic is also an effort to remind man that all is connected
Including the sun moon and stars.

"While experiencing....the motion of shining water, of clean air, of a fire that is not too close, and of the sky, you will receive the motion of the life of the world; if you yourself move lightly, and almost the same way -- executing as many gyrations as you can without dizziness, traversing the celestial bodies with... your eyes, and revolving them in your mind." Marsilio Ficino 1380 AD quoted in "The natural magic of Marsilio Ficino" by Angela Voss LINKto PDF

edit on 31-10-2010 by seataka because: surfing upon the winds of fate at the event horizon of the apocalypse and the SURF's UP!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

It just gets more and more interesting, thanks for the link! What I am finding out about Lillith, just blows my mind that I have never heard of any of this before.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I had known about Lilith, who came before Eve, according to Hebrew texts. Lilith the asteroid is a new one on me. Do you happen to know how often it becomes visible? Very intriguing!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A little bit of further research on my own because I wanted to gaze upon Lillith myself.
Apparently the asteroid Lillith, designated asteroid 1181, was found by astronmer Benjamin Jekhowsky in 1927 and is named for French composer Lili Boulanger, and is not associated with the 'dark moon' Lillith
link Lillith 1181

The astronomical body named for Lillith from the Hebrew bible is actually only hypothetical. It was proposed by astrologer, not astronomer, Walter Gornold (Sepharial) in 1918 as the supposed object discovered by Georg Waltemath about 20 years prior. It has never been proven to exist. It is the name of the hypothetical second 'dark' moon of the Earth.
link Dark Moon Lillith

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I have noted now that in many articles on Lillith, there is almost always dispute of it's very exsistance, however, on google sky, it is listed as 6H, when you check that out you find that 6H is Lillith, the asteroid, and when checking out that, you find all the mythical ties it has. I still find all of it fascinating!
edit on 1-11-2010 by space cadet because: edited to fix error

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I have noted now that in many articles on Lillith, there is almost always dispute of it's very exsistance, however, on google sky, it is listed as 6H, when you check that out you find that 6H is Lillith, the asteroid, and when checking out that, you find all the mythical ties it has. I still find all of it fascinating!
edit on 1-11-2010 by space cadet because: edited to fix error

Oh yes no question that Lillith exists as 6H or 1181, just some new info on the origin of the name. The difference between the French composer and Adam's first wife.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I don't know why a phone application would identify anything a person could see as asteroid 1181 Lilith, it was magnitude 17 all throughout last night, far far below human vision's ability to detect, which is limited to about magnitude 6 or 7. The brightest it will get in the coming year will only be about magnitude 15, still far below human vision. Chances are the brightest thing you saw last night was Jupiter, I was showing it to the trick-or-treaters with the telescope last night.
edit on 1-11-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So the earth is adam the moon is eve and this other moon thing is adams/earths ex?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
More Liluth info, interesting she has a celestial object named after her.

From a Biblical perspective, it was Enki who (with the critical assistance of his half-sister, Ninki, aka Nin-khursag) created Adam and Eve. It was Enlil, on the other hand, who created “Edin”. Enki was the serpent in the garden, who urged Adam and Eve to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (which was infinitely beneficial to their spiritual growth). It was Enlil, who drove them out of Edin, while Enki was there to clothe them. It is worth noting that Zecharia Sitchin [2] claims that the biblical word for “snake” is nahash, which comes from the root word NHSH, and which means “to decipher, to find out.” In other words, Enki, the God of Wisdom.

Another son of Enlil and Ninlil was Nergal (Meslamtaea), King of the Underworld. He married Eresh-kigal, the Queen of the Netherworld, the daughter of Nanna and Ningal (i.e. Inanna’s sister), and the mother of Lilith (who became handmaiden to Inanna, her maternal aunt). Lilith is also notorious as the first wife of Adam, but it was Lilith who rejected him (and thus incurred the wrath of every reject-worthy male on the planet).

link
www.halexandria.org...

S&F
edit on 11/1/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

LOL, I thought the same thing! Eve Moon submitted to Adam Earth's orbit, while Lillith Moon said "Nuh-Uh, I will not!" and went to play amongst the stars...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great info, got me back into researching the Lilith saga. I always wondered what her REAL story was.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Very Cool - Both the 'Second Moon' and 'Lilith'...
S&F
I've got some info on my old computer concerning Lilith. I'll see if I can find it all over again and post it.
I've always had a lot of admiration for the 'First Woman' Lilith - from the get go saying 'No Way' to being anything LESS than on the top step right there with Adam. Yeah, my kind of woman...

Peace and thanks as always for a great read!

edit on 1-11-2010 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Any one know where to look in the sky for this Lilith 1181? I would like to see it too.

TY for any more info.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
wonder if it has anything to do with the term "shake the dew off my lilly"?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
nevermind, reread some post and found the 6H reference. So, when it gets dark It will be straight up? but a little towards the north? brightest star in that area?..............OK

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
nevermind, reread some post and found the 6H reference. So, when it gets dark It will be straight up? but a little towards the north? brightest star in that area?..............OK

Uh, no, I'm afraid that since it's a magnitude 15-17 object you won't be able to see it by eye at all, at best you might spot it with a large telescope if you know exactly where to find it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join