It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright lights over Auckland New Zealand 31 October 2010( ytube vid)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hot on the heals of my last thread that had a strange orb type light in the USA www.abovetopsecret.com... here is another similar video just posted on ytube ,this time its from New Zealand "Maybe Not where are you
" What are these lights ? planes helicopters or something else. Edit to add he has got some ufo history on his page which is suspicious and I cant find video 1

edit on 31-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
its aircraft on approach with their landing lights on imo.
you can see the beacon on the next hill flashing at 0:40 as he is panning right and at 0:42 he stops panning just at the edge of the airport. This is my opinion

P.S Auckland New Zealand is not in Australia

edit on 31-10-2010 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Really does look like an aircraft on approach. I think the filmmaker knows this and deliberately purports it to be something else. I also think that, no matter what, the video has little credibility becasue this comes from a "youtube superstar" typical channel where the channel owner posts tons of "ufo" videos of the same thing, never met a conspiracy he/she didn't believe and probably sees aliens in their mashed potatoes. Those type of enthusiast makes us all look pretty bad in my opinion.

The youtube person seeing their video linked on ATS probably just encourages their ignorance?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by oddnutz
its aircraft on approach with their landing lights on imo.
you can see the beacon on the next hill flashing at 0:40 as he is panning right and at 0:42 he stops panning just at the edge of the airport. This is my opinion

P.S Auckland New Zealand is not in Australia

edit on 31-10-2010 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

Yeah I know silly mistake. I agree it could be planes.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Really does look like an aircraft on approach. I think the filmmaker knows this and deliberately purports it to be something else. I also think that, no matter what, the video has little credibility becasue this comes from a "youtube superstar" typical channel where the channel owner posts tons of "ufo" videos of the same thing, never met a conspiracy he/she didn't believe and probably sees aliens in their mashed potatoes. Those type of enthusiast makes us all look pretty bad in my opinion.

The youtube person seeing their video linked on ATS probably just encourages their ignorance?

i totally agree with every bit of this, i'm hoping that members of A.T.S will start to see sense soon and stop using you tube videos of lights etc as proof of anything, maybe im being a little too optimistic....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

OK , I agree I don't want to stoke their fire or stroke their ego so lets kill this thread now. The only reason I posted this thread is for a while they did look very bright and one looked totally stationary. However it was probably just because the plane was head on. My apologies, maybe mods could move this to hoax forum. many thanks .

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

i totally agree with every bit of this, i'm hoping that members of A.T.S will start to see sense soon and stop using you tube videos of lights etc as proof of anything, maybe im being a little too optimistic....

thanks

rich

Alright point taken no need to rub it in.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Not so fast. While, yes, this is more than likely (and I think we all know what it is) something simply mundane and out of context, perhaps there is another angle of discussion that we could ponder here.

And that is, the youtuber that posts videos such as these, do you think they know what it is, or do you think they honestly believe they are lucky enough to film UFO's on such a regular basis. Myself, I think he/she is a deliberate hoaxer, only because I can't imagine being ignorant enough to film the same thing night after night and not get wise very quickly to what they are.

However, I think the more serious problem with folks like this is not that they are hoaxing, but they actually believe themselves. I think that represents a major danger to this subject.

Either way, anyone got a clue how we can get through to these people? The only way I know how is to never link or view their garbage and maybe they will wither away and then go after ghosts or goblins, or something, lol.

One other thing, do you go strolling through youtube looking for UFO vids all the time? Probably not the best idea. There are way more things that need to go along with a good video besides the video itself. Many times, you can dismiss a video outright without even watching it. Rest assured, if there is a video that represents a good sighting on youtube, you will have heard about the sighting already through multiple sources.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

hi tarifa,

i meant no direct offence to you, im just getting a little frustrated at the constant stream of you tube videos that can easily be explained, and in all honesty this video is far better than a lot of material that has been posted in recent weeks, one example is another auckland video that was posted that was nothing more than a playstation move controller filmed in the dark!!!!.

perspective plays havoc on videos such as these, its hard to discern a 3D environment on a 2D plane.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

None taken, I do enjoy scanning new ufo videos that are posted up on ytube. The reason being it is here where I think that we may see the first unequivocal evidence of a ufo. We live in amazing times where huge numbers of people own mobile phones with half decent cameras as well as the usual video camcorders which are getting better every year. If ufo are coming into our airspace then there is a good chance if some one sees it they may also be able to record it. This would been far less likely just a few short years ago. I agree 99.9% of the videos are rubbish or at best mistakenly identified planes helicopters Chinese lanterns etc. I will go on looking and will try not to post the rubbish.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Hi Tarifa,

I've given you a star. Not for posting the YouTube video but for having the intellectual integrity to change your mind when a better explanation than that originally given is presented to you.

You're the perfect example of the 'open mind' in my signature.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

tarifa, in all honesty, if we really had a great undeniable alien/ufo event then i doubt that you tube would be the place it would play out.

the main problem with you tube videos in my opinion is that they can be labelled as anything and that immediately takes them out of context or even away from the actual date of filming, and hardly any of them have any other witnesses other than the photographer/cameraman which says a lot about them.

you only have to take the recent N.Y.C "sightings as an example of how any major event real or not would spread far and wide in an instant, we will know when it happens and it wont come from you tube!.

and although im a skeptical person, i do actually believe alien life is out there in this vast universe and i do come to this site in the hope that one day i will see the real deal.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is video 1 for anyone still interested.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm on the plane bandwagon on this one but the fading light in your other thread is still up for some interpretation and not fully explained as far as I'm concerned. Do you have any further comments on that one; it's gotten some more replies since your last post.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
WELL you people seem very Quick to judge! It is a shame that your egos take over and start judging people before you know all the facts or the situation.
I started seeing these in May.I look over most of the Auckland region.1350ft above sea level.I do know the differance between planes and helecopters and alike.I couldn't give a toss what you lot think. Buy feel I should put my side across.Yes my channel is nearlly all orb/ufo .After seeing these things it created an intrest .
They have been posted to share with other people.
regards Dave
p.s now stop throwing your toys out your cots

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by newzealandembassy

Welcome to ATS ( I see you are a new member) as you can see we have discussed your video. I have received some flack just for bringing it here. I would be interested to hear your side of the story.Please tell us why you believe that these are not just planes and do you live near an airport. Perhaps you have some better pictures or footage of these lights you are seeing. Many thanks Tarifa37

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hi NZE, welcome to ATS.

Originally posted by newzealandembassy
WELL you people seem very Quick to judge! It is a shame that your egos take over and start judging people before you know all the facts or the situation.

I, for one, am certainly not judging anyone. I merely offered my interpretation of the objects in the video. I interpretted them as aircraft coming in to land because that is exactly what they look like.

I started seeing these in May.I look over most of the Auckland region.1350ft above sea level.

May I humbly suggest that this would afford you excellent viewing conditions to see said aircraft?

I do know the differance between planes and helecopters and alike.

I beg to differ as your video clearly shows aircraft coming in to land.

I couldn't give a toss what you lot think.

That really is a shame as there are many people on this site who can clear up even the strangest looking sightings with hard evidence and proof if only you were receptive to the truth.

Buy feel I should put my side across.

As you should but ATS is not here simply for people to post anything without it coming under scrutiny. You would do well to bear that in mind if you don't want your theories to be questioned.

Yes my channel is nearlly all orb/ufo .After seeing these things it created an intrest .

And I thank you for doing so, NZE. Life would be so boring if we all agreed about everything.

I assure you, no toys were harmed in the making of this post.

Best wishes,
Slippery Jim.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newzealandembassy

First of all, welcome to ATS!

Now, let me try to put this video into the perspective that I, and I think many of us, see here. The lights don't exhibit any unusual qualities that cannot be explained by known aircraft. We have limited information in the video and there are many unknowns. The YT description for video 2 isn't descriptive and doesn't tell us anything and the commentary is very limited for information about the event. The first video of this event is private so we can't see it and the fact that it is private makes it slightly suspicious. We can only draw our opinions from the information available.

The number of YT UFO videos that are found and posted here is an exorbitant number. The vast majority are suspected, if not proven, to be explainable or a hoax. The inclusion of the alleged UFO's over NYC on your YT channel honestly doesn't help your credibility for me. They've been discussed in detail here and I think the vast majority of us believe that there was a terrestrial explanation for what was seen. My mind certainly isn't made up about your video but with the available information it has formed a strong opinion.

Having said all that, please discuss that event and any others you have seen with us in detail. What was so special about them? Why don't you think they were known aircraft? Do you see them regularly? When did they begin? Have you recently moved to the area or begin looking at the sky? A post such as the one you left doesn't help solve this video. It would be more productive to tell us why we shouldn't be so quick to judge by giving us more details and addressing some of the comments. Often times, on the more unexplainable videos, we invite the YT poster to participate in the discussions to gain more information and perspective about the event. As long as you found us, go for it.
Honestly, with a statement such as "I couldn't give a toss what you lot think" makes me think you're less apt to discuss the events because of the opinions we formed. Please prove me wrong and I genuinely ask you to discuss the event in detail if you truly believe it to be something significant. Persuade us why we're not seeing airplanes.

From your video Daytime outlook from Auckland region UFO watch it looks like you have an amazing view for which I'm certainly jealous.
Hope to hear from you.

edit on 11/1/2010 by Three_moons because: I tried to clarify some points

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I started seeing these in May.I look over most of the Auckland region.1350ft above sea level.I do know the differance between planes and helecopters and alike.I couldn't give a toss what you lot think. Buy feel I should put my side across.Yes my channel is nearlly all orb/ufo .After seeing these things it created an intrest .
regards Dave

well said
as the peson that filmed this i value your opinion
do you think these are similar to the ones being seen world wide

obviously you filmed them because they are strange
do you have any more footage for ats members who apreciate
your time and effort

please dont think these nei sayers are the whole of us

please feel free to post more as i am studying this penomonon

thank you

xploder

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hmm its kinda odd that there's no mention of WHERE in Auckland the vid was taken. Where talking about a city I was born in and its a rather big location with numerous airfields scattered around it... if the original vid taker did post where this was it could rapidly rule out planes near an airport or not. I guess thats one reason they wouldnt post the location since it could debunk them very quickly.

Which is suspect to the extreme.

As others mention why is it so short, why does he move off the object so often, given it appears they are using a tripod looking at the smoothness of the up and down motion.

Interestingly there have been some recent sightings of late in New Zealand that look like this, ie orange orbs.

I dont see any real indication to be a plane, but given the poor quality, shortness of film and lack of a location given it more than likely isnt a UFO but someone trying to palm off plane footage as something else... Also is this dawn or dusk? if its dusk it could easily be reflection of sunlight off an aircraft's fuselage.

We've had some extremely orange and bright sunsets recently with good weather, yesterday here where I live it was the most orange and brightest sunset I think ive ever seen in my life. I could see a plane on the right angle easily becoming a orange ball of light due to this.

Also given the rather sparse lack of ground lights in the vid its more likely taken out around the rural areas of Auckland... taking a look at the various locations for Airfields in Auckland on Google maps one that could match the vid is Parakai Aerodrome since its very close to alot of native bush which is visible in the vid.

Whenuapai Air Force Base also has a large amount of native bush nearby with similar type of terrain.

Heck even the North-shore Aerodrome has a large area of native bush near by. Although given the distances in that area compared to the vid id say it might be to small to be it. Whenupai might be a little to dense, Parakai seems the likely candidate if its an airfield since its got little to no housing around it.... Think ill street view around it and see if anything matchs up somewhat.

regards Dave

Any chance you can give us the location this video was taken at... doesnt have to be exact if its near your residence and you want privacy, within a few kilometers would be fine... just to rule out any nearby airfields.

And yes ill take a 'No' on that request as a sign of hiding something.

edit on 1-11-2010 by BigfootNZ because: meep

top topics

<<   2 >>

join