It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Desperate Harry Reid breaks federal election law to save his political career.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This does not surprise me in the least that this corrupt and senile liberal politician would stoop this low.

You read that right: Manny Pacquiao. He's going to campaign for Harry Reid Friday at an early voting rally at a middle school in Las Vegas. The Reid campaign just made the announcement. The rally will be at 6 p.m. at Orr Middle School. Pacquiao is debatably the best pound-for-pound boxer alive, although we would actually know whether that's the case if he and Floyd Mayweather would ever agree to a fight. It's a good fit for Reid, who used to chair the Nevada gaming commission

It is against the law for a politician to except an endorsement from a elected official of a foreign government when running for a partisan position in any county,state or federal election.

Pacquiao is a member of the Philippine Congress and comes under the prohibited endorsement provision..

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

harry sure does know how to run a campaign i tell you

he is pulling out all the stops

bribes
illegal voting
rigging the election
now foreign endorsements

my god the state is nevada is so lucky to have that man be their senator!!!!

reid is the highest caliber of whats wrong in this country and its political system

i am hoping and praying that man gets kicked out of that office so hard he lands in prison.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I have been searching without ado. What law is he breaking. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes the Diebold voting machines would seem to have some malfunction in Harry Reids favour that was on the news the other day.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I found the article. www.theatlantic.com...

Will look for the law.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The OP could be talking about the Logan Act.

Of course in 200 years not one conviction let alone prosecution has ever gone forward.

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

1 Stat. 613, January 30, 1799, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953 (2004).

new topics

top topics

join