It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of Omsk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
I saw the video you linked about the skulls..

We got these type of culture still. I dont remeber what they are called, but they wrap banana leafs around the new borns head. And then when they grow, their head will rise upwards. I dont think that those skulls they found, had any better sense than other people.

I was told about some skulls that were found in Australia, I think, I am sure Aborigine was mentioned anyway, that showed signs that the craniums had been repeatedly massaged when still soft to shape certain features. I'm sure they had in some way found it was consistent with using the thumbs to run grooves, the such like. I will check, but I'm not very reliable...so if really interested... I don't think there is even any discomfort or damage done, not like binding little girls feet so they look like tiny lotus blossoms. We certainly have had some funny ideas.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sorry for the word BS. I know its an official video from that museum, but I mean, the skulls. I just found it a little bit weird, that they began talking about they had better senses, skills and what not. I dont think they had it, but that just what I think.

I just felt a little bit like they were trying to sell me a story. I will try see if I can find the culture who use the banana wrap thingy.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Okay that I have never heard

But it sounds like someway the same "treatment", as I remember. All though what I recall, was that they used banana leafs, and that they were from africa.

i try to find what they were called, I cant sleep before I find them

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Agreed, but brain growth is interesting. This may sound like a goofy, not rhetorical though, question. When born we have a brain the size of our head and as we grow our brain grows until the onset of adulthood. So, do we stop growing because our brain stops growing or does brain stop because we stop growing? If the latter, wouldn't elongated skulls mean larger brains?

Peace................yak055h

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yak055h
reply to post by thomas_

Agreed, but brain growth is interesting. This may sound like a goofy, not rhetorical though, question. When born we have a brain the size of our head and as we grow our brain grows until the onset of adulthood. So, do we stop growing because our brain stops growing or does brain stop because we stop growing? If the latter, wouldn't elongated skulls mean larger brains?

Yes. Ancient cultures who did head-shaping associate it with higher intelligence. One wonders where they get the idea...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst

I just felt a little bit like they were trying to sell me a story.

Arent we all...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It is very odd that these malformed skulls are found in European countries including Norway, Germany, and France. They are also found in Central Asia, Siberia, in Central and South America. Taking into account the huge distances and oceans separating different these continents, how could these ancient people have communicated the bizarre practice as a cultural norm and/or fashion?

I like the following video clip because it highlights some of the skulls found around the world, plus some ancient art depictions of the same. However, I wish the video included where in the world these skulls were found:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
English article about Sanscrit similarity to Russian.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Hey, all, super thread, Skyfloating, as always.

Just to make it more clear, it is established long ago that ancient Sanskrit is similar to Balto-Slavic protolanguage (compared to al other European languages) (Wiki page about this protolanguage is highly technical, so I do not include the link, but here is a brief overview of Indoeuropean language tree Warning
DF
), so consequently it bears some similarity to the living or dead languages of this branch of the Indoeuropean language tree, and not only in basic words, sayings, construction of the words/sentences (grammar), but also there is a significant resemblance in myths/religious beliefs/gods. I promise to provide at least some links in the near future

I'll also try to look for some research done on this, not only by Russians, but other nations as well, but not much time on my hands lately..
It's just I think we should focus more on the immediate site, as the connection between Proto-Indians and Balt-Slavs is pretty much clear.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Another wonderful story of yours Skyfloating - Bravo!!!
What I found interesting as well in the story is the name of the bigest Lake near Okunevo - the Shaitan lake.
Shaitan is the "spirit or "jinn" in Islamic myths and means "devil" in various slavic cultures..

I'll try to find more connections....

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Violater1
[Maybe, more likely they were the fallen angels that Enoch writes about.

...and maybe (and just maybe) fallen angels are also extraterrestrials.

hmmm?

Sumerian Angels ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53054cda2732.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the Long High Head Dress that's seem to be Horned or is it something else ?
Lucifer, Satan Well Lucifer was The Highest Arch Angel in the Beginning
The The Guess Works are Endless ! Just from this Ancient Sumerian Carving Alone !

Maybe The Helmet looking Head Dress is for a Elongated Head ?
Much Like The Egyptian Stone Carvings that Shows Elongated Helmet/Headdress

The Egyptian Royal's Elongated Heads
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf5f7c59ca1b.jpg[/atsimg]

a Sumerian Statue With a elongated Head and a Similarity of the Headdress (Like Horns)
of the Sumerian Angel
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bab96f5cbf77.jpg[/atsimg]

The Sumerian Reptilian Side View Figure Close Up of the Elongated Head
Imitating the Reptilians ?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd9d9c590c7c.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e126d4226136.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmm interesting also this video show what the OP Posted near the end of OMSK

And Here is the Real First Photo of King Tuts Side View of His Skull Accurate as it shows in the Video Above
of the X- RAY
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1af7e19abf8c.jpg[/atsimg]

The Link to the site of that Photo Above !
ancient-egypt.org
www.ancient-egypt.org...

Institute of Investigative Science
HOMEPAGE

The King Tut Investigation
CONDUCTED FOR THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL BY MIKE KING and GREG COOPER
www.iois.net...

The X RAY
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75b20f2e0c26.gif[/atsimg]

Then Again The DNA of TUT as it Claims from what ive seen is of European Origin how much Truth
I wouldn't know as Ill be searching that Soon ..

but it does Show something like Migration Diagonal Line Peru Egypt Siberia OMSK
or am i Wrong about that? Check it out !! Google Maps ! Cheers !
edit on 1-11-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Satan was considered to be "fallen angel" as well.
According to Bible he was thrown to "the Lake of fire" Wiki on Satan
The legend of lakes near Okunevo says they were created from the craters after meteorites hit that place....
Russian source

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

I know, its weird. I find it very interesting..

but first you need to question yourself about this..

I think that they all knew, that the head is the smart part of the human body!
So why not make it bigger? Maybe its just that simple..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

The video you linked! thanks!

I've tried to find those african culture, who make their heads bigger, and they are in your video.. Now I just need to find their name!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I found this quite interesting article about those strange skulls.

The first skull presents problems of its own. The frontal part of the skull seems to belong to an individual of the pre-Neanderthal family, but the lower jaw, though more robust than modern human type, has a modern shape and characteristics.
The shape of the cranium does not have any comparison with the Erectus,
Neanderthal types, nor the modern human type.
Some minor Neanderthal characteristics are present, as is the occipital ridge on the bottom back of the skull and the flattened bottom of the cranium, other characteristics point more towards Homo Erectus.
The angle of the cranial bottom is, though, unusual.
We cannot exclude the possibility of a deformed individual in this case, but it is highly unlikely that the angle of the frontal part would require a modification of the lower jaw in the process of growing to resemble modern human types with their projected chin rim.
The answer seems to be that the skull belongs to a representantive of an unknown premodern human or humanoid type.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55c230e1bb97.png[/atsimg]

As is obvious from the comparison with a modern human skull, the cranial capacity lies within the modern human range.
This is not surprising, since the late Neanderthals and early modern humans (Cro-Magnon) had larger cranial capacities (both roughly 1600 ccm to 1750 ccm) than modern humans (av. 1450 ccm).
The decrease of the cranial capacity (sudden at that — the specimens of modern humans after about 10500 BCE have smaller craniums) is a puzzling matter, but that’s another story.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22cb953d8220.png[/atsimg]

No less puzzling is what a representative of a premodern human type is doing on the South American continent.
According to the orthodox anthropology, this skull simply does not exist, because it cannot be.
Textbooks’ oldest date of appearance of humans in North America is about 35000 BCE and much later for South America, based on the diffusion theory assumptions.
The only accepted human types entering the continent are of the modern anatomy.
There are some other sources that place all types of human genus in both Americas at much earlier dates based on numerous anomalous finds, but the academe sticks to its preconceived notions, no matter what.

It’s safer.

newsfornatives.com...

Here is a interesting X-ray of such a skull.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7d8fe05f566.jpg[/atsimg]

For comparison is here an X-ray of a human skull.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17e104329620.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are some examples some “modern” elongated skulls.

Originally posted by Goathief
It's clearly cranial binding, for the person who asked for photographs of the results:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd958a810849.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41abee8f94a6.jpg[/atsimg]

There's lots of similar things going on in the world today, here's an example which uses rings:

Pakistani Rat Children

reply to post by Goathief

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cb44bdf680b.jpg[/atsimg]

Who knows what the future will bring after more investigations done or more findings appear.

It is no doubt a facinating subject.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've been to the Hill of Tara, and the nearby Newgrange. Awe inspiring place, and there was some link between Newgrange and the Cygnus (I think?) constellation that I wish I could remember. It was fascinating, but I was told about it at the end of a very long day and unfortunately whilst I can remember the sensation of being fascinated by the information my feeble memory can't remember the relevant info in any great detail.

There is also a very strong link between Hindu & Celtic culture, religion and language. Again, I can't recall exact details, but I would recommend reading A Brief History Of The Celts by Peter Berresford Ellis which goes into it in some detail

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ilaruum

Thank you...that clarifies the connection to India for me

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

So the follow-up question is of course; if these people became smarter than regular humans, how come they didn't take control and dominate this planet?

There isn't an automatic correlation between "smarts" and success. Even today, its not necessarily the smartest people who succeed, but those whose skill set best matches the environment they are in. Today's business culture rewards a certain kind of person -- usually one with some basic computing skills perhaps, matched with a lack of scruples.

Astro-physics on the other hand may require an entirely different skill set.

It is quite conceivable that a race of beings who originated in some other place, were able to accomplish some amazing things here on Earth, but were not ultimately able to manage the particular challenges this environment posed; whereas we ordinary humans, had the right stuff to survive -- just not as elaborately as they. It's taken us all these many years to move from just barely surviving to creating the technological world we now know.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Skyfloating, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread. The interesting responces it has garnered; along with all the fascinating links has kept me mesmerized for hours. I've seen and read things that I never saw before.

Great stuff. Now if only there was enough time in the day to delve into all of this plus get the things done I need to do in my "real" life. S&F

edit on 11/1/2010 by wayno because: sp.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul

Shaitan is the "spirit or "jinn" in Islamic myths and means "devil" in various slavic cultures..

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that

It did remind me of the word "Satan". Weird.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join