It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Why 'Aliens' always seem to look the same...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Aliens are often depicted having the same physical features. This struck me as odd so I pondered the situation and related it to our civilization as a whole. Theoretically speaking; how could they all look the same? Physical appearances on Earth vary. Why is that? My Conclusion being: Aliens are far more advanced than us. Yes, this has been stated on multiple occasions...but to what detail? It has already begun on Earth to date; the moment Magellan circumnavigated the globe he opened the door to something great. As the world became smaller, we continued our evolution. Different races slowly started crossbreeding; and in doing so it will eventually, through time, lead to one race combined with the many. But for this to happen it will take time..And in time we will develope more intelligence.

Basically, in conclusion what I'm trying to theorize is that the human race as a whole is along the same path as our supposed 'alien visitors'. Through time we will become one race and through time we will develope the intelligence to reach outward like 'aliens' before us.

Like many state: first post on a forum, just my thoughts.

Pick them apart if you will.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Or they are hallucinations brought on by an underlying psychological condition. Anyway, I like your thoughts, but I think that with evolution, there will always be genetic mutations over-time, so even maybe thousands of years (provided society perpetually progresses) from now, with all current "races" effectively cross-bred, there will probably still be different races resulting from subtle differences in cross-breeding. Just a thought.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There are certain truisms that are a part of every mechanized civilization, they all develop a system of standards and measures. In the course of time these become codified and they discover the "golden mean". The end result being that proportions remain fairly constant and consistent even among species that have never met. Of course this can be nothing but my opinion, right?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nice thread. I don't know if this is relevant or not but I've been thinking about it lately. The way all images of aliens that I've seen thay are always depicted with solid black eyes. This, to me, insists that the eye is perhaps mainly pupil, which being that large would absorb massive amounts of light. This makes me wonder why they would've evolved that way. Probably coming from a dark planet/s? But you also have to assume that there are more than one species of alien and that they didn't all come from dark planets. I just wonder why I havent seen any depictions of them except with solid black eyes. Perhaps you are on the right track and we all eventually evolve this way? I don't know..Food for thought..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens do look completely different to each other, but to a human they would look so strange that we wouldn;t be able to tell the difference between their facial features or slight color differences. You know the really racist thing that people sometimes say about other races... "Who knows? They all look the same to me!" Kind of like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If we are talking species, and not race, my guess would be that only one species of alien has ever made it to Earth.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Because that is the way most people present them.

Most people think the alien's Betty and Barney Hill claim to have seen - - had big slanted eyes. They didn't. They had smaller round deep set eyes.

If you actually research types of aliens - - you will find a variety.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Popular pop culture.
I little research on various regions and at different times in history will give you variations of all kinds of creatures.
The big eyed alien is popular in our times.
The real aliens have transcended time and space."looks" have no meaning to them it's more about function.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
my theory we are being conditioned to a certain form for an upcoming false flag event. the real others are waiting to be called

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Your correct about being conditioned.
Culture will do that to you.
We are born into our condition.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

yes born into bondage by certain alien overlords who have conditioned us to view them as angels or gods it is our duty to evolve beyond that and join the galactic community. that in my opinion is our only future goal as a species

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm all for joining the galactic community.However the little girl down the street buying into Elmo and others marketing her wants.Well, all I see just marketing and conditioning.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

thats part of the bondage. consumerism keep us wanting to buy more, spend more, get that new better thing. distracting us from our true potential.......

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Popular culture (movies/tv) seems to have played heavily in spread the idea of the look of the gray alien. Which is weird because before the Hill's abduction story the general idea of aliens appearance was human.

I'm not sure when the reptile aliens started being reported but it may have started after the V tv series aired in the 80s (just a theory).

The stories of the Mantis aliens seem the most original since they so rare and in between and I only recall ever see this type of alien being used in the GURPS book Humanx.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

There is no bondage,It's about wants and needs.
If you want something it will cost you,there will be someone to sell it to you.
Just like an image of aliens,Jesus or anything you need to believe in.
Someone will be there to sell it to you.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

but is that not bondage? being a slave to you needs and wants. and the fact that someone is there to sell it to you like a drug dealer sells you drugs a kind of master servant relationship again bondage please explain how we are free?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
We are free to want.
The catch is you may not always want what you need.
It's called target marketing,look it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by britt
Maybe the aliens do look completely different to each other, but to a human they would look so strange that we wouldn;t be able to tell the difference between their facial features or slight color differences. You know the really racist thing that people sometimes say about other races... "Who knows? They all look the same to me!" Kind of like that.

Spot on. The greys and reptilians probably have the same problem identifying us. Besides I've never seen two depictions of greys that are the same.

Op I like the idea though. The more homogenious a species the greater the likelihood that they are a mature species and more evolved. The problem with this however is that evolution is basically lazy. It only does the minimum required for survival, so a race of aliens looking identical could just mean the climate and environment on their homeworld was calm, steady and without seasons so they never evolved different adaptations dependent on local climate.

What I find intriguing is the theory of convergent evolution. I think it's a strong theory that basically says if life evolves under similar cicumstances evolution can come up with similar solutions. Meaning humanoid aliens are not necessarily unlikely.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

target marketing is basically grouping people together based on what? age, race, income. social standing, whatever. then selling them products based on there collective needs and wants. essentially manipulating or subjugating them to buy more, get more. so guess what? sounds like commercial economic slavery to me and that my friend is BONDAGE!
good night or good morning depending on where you are I am going to sleep

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Because we try to depict what we consider as the next step to hominid evolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join