It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Disclosure.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by krashx6

I think if they could bend walls, shape-shift, move thousands of miles in the blink of an eye, and all that other magical stuff, then popping back in time to do self portraits on cave walls would be no problem too.

One day they'll find a million yr old drawing of me with -

WIGIT WAS HERE and UP TO NO GOOD!!.

(wonder how that would end???)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I couldn't imagine that would happen for a number of reasons.

First is that they would be admitting invading the airspace of foreign, sovereign nations then denying it later, with all the political and military consequences of such acts. This is because this obvious potential scenario is often explored in the course of UFO sightings and denied by suspected countries.

Second is that is would be extremely stupid to openly display such highly advanced and militarily significant weapons to the public, in highly visible civilian locations on a regular basis. Why would they do such a thing? It would mean exposing this hardware to potentially hostile foreign nations.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

In a sense, they've already repeatedly tried this, but nobody is buying it. There have been countless documentaries that try and support this claim. However, the simple fact is that at the time of older sightings (1940's), we simply did not have any craft capable of the maneuvers being witnessed. Therefore, they couldn't have been ours (or the enemy's).

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I agree with your first point completely, that is unless they're all in it together. Which definatley sounds unbelievable. Since when did all Governments agree on anything.

On your second point, they would have to test them in the conditions they were designed to operate. That would include over enemy territory, regardless of the risk.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah thats very true. I know they say that military tech is always decades ahead of civilian but that means they would have to have been designing these craft as early as th 1920,s something like that. Since starting this thread ive learned that its looking more and more less likley that the Gov is soley responsable. I think they may have something similar if they've managed to reverse engineer something but i doubt we'd actualy be able to build some of whats been seen.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah thats very true. I know they say that military tech is always decades ahead of civilian but that means they would have to have been designing these craft as early as th 1920,s

Yes, but such tech eventually finds itself in the public view (about 20 yrs after development and first use), and eventually into the private sector (20 years after publicly known). So, if we had these craft in the late 40's, we would have seen public military vehicles in the late 60's or early 70's. Just think back to formerly classified craft such as the U-2 or the Blackbird, the Nighthawk, or even the Raptor. If anything, the window is shrinking in this timeline.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I don't doubt for a second that wealthy governments have ARV's (Alien Reproduction Vehicles) that they could parade around for us all to see.

I also don't doubt for a second, that these are simply human copies of ET craft that have been downed or have crashed of their own accord.

So yes, 'we' have our own 'UFO's', but we have only had them for a matter of decades, so there is absolutely ZERO chance of our ARV's being responsible for the many documented UFO sightings throughout history.

Thousands of years, through every recorded century of our existence there have been UFO's.

20th century copies cannot account for them.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

I agree with your first point completely, that is unless they're all in it together. Which definatley sounds unbelievable. Since when did all Governments agree on anything.

On your second point, they would have to test them in the conditions they were designed to operate. That would include over enemy territory, regardless of the risk.

Regarding the second point, can you cite any historical, since-unclassified examples of such peace-time, foreign, military testing by any government to support your point?
edit on 29-10-2010 by TheFlash because: correct punctuation

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

as Gazrok mentioned the U2 spy plane is one example. Theres no such thing as peace time really. All countrys have certain countrys on their threat list and so spying continues regardless of whether you at war. Just because they release knowlege of a craft or certain technology in to the public domain. Does'nt mean they will also tell you whether its already seen action over enemy territory.

Its all common sense really. You dont build a submarine and not test its ability deep under water untill you need it one day.
edit on 29/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

as Gazrok mentioned the U2 spy plane is one example. Theres no such thing as peace time really. All countrys have certain countrys on their threat list and so spying continues regardless of whether you at war. Just because they release knowlege of a craft or certain technology in to the public domain. Does'nt mean they will also tell you whether its already seen action over enemy territory.

Its all common sense really. You dont build a submarine and not test its ability deep under water untill you need it one day.
edit on 29/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

I grant that the USA did fly the U-2 Spy Plane over the Soviet Union covertly starting in 1956, However this example raises yet another interesting point. Since UFO sightings have been reported at least by the 1940's, and presumably the USA was a, if not THE most technologically advanced nation at that time, why would we send the expensive, conventional-weapons-destroyable U-2 on covert missions over the USSR when we had much more advanced craft that could do the job with impunity? Do you think that the UFOs reported around the word by that time, including those over Washington DC in 1952 were not American? How likely is it that other nations had superior technology when we were clearly ahead as the Atomic Bomb illustrated? So many questions...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Well thats kind of what Gazrock said. Can you believe that they had this kind of tech as early as they did. Which the answer for me has to be no. Just remember this is a hyperthetical thread. Im not saying it is or it os'nt i was just wondering what peoples reactions would be if they did.

I can tell by your posts that you would'nt buy it completely. I would'nt either because theres so much that they would need to account for. Like the points that you mentioned above.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join