It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hypocrisy, or Two Distinct ATS Factions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hello,

(I posted this in General Conspiracies because it's a mix of two forums - 9/11 and Political Madness)

I have noticed an insane amount of Muslim/Islam hatred on here. I am not saying people can't have their own opinions, just saying an observation, that people tend to dislike/not understand Muslims and in general think of Muslims as 'them' rather than 'us.' At the same time, a great majority of people here are part of the Truther movement - which believes that 9/11 was an inside job.

When people bring up that most of Muslims are peaceful, the response to this argument is usually "But all terrorists in the world are Muslims, they attacked us on 9/11 didn't they?" or "I am angry because they killed 3000 innocent Americans!" I just find it odd, because no one seems to take the 9/11 truth movement seriously when they talk about Muslims on this site. If 9/11 hadn't happened, we would never have had a reason to find Muslims 'scary' in the first place. Muslim extremism wasn't really an American issue, just like extremists of other religions of other countries is a non-issue right now because we haven't been attacked by them. But, since the general consensus is that 9/11 was an inside job and Muslims DIDN'T attack us on 9/11, why do people constantly rant about Muslim terrorists on here?

Face it. You have more of a chance of being silenced by your own government than killed by a Muslim "terrorist". The people who are taking away our freedom are not Muslims, but the US government! 9/11 was an inside job, we all know this. Why do we continue to harbor this insane and ultimately nonsensical fear of Muslims when ultimately, the one thing that their extremists did (before we provoked them by attacking their countries) that scares us so much is 9/11, and they didn't actually do that?

I mean, it's possible there is an entire mass group of ATS members who hate Muslims and don't think 9/11 was an inside job. But I am guessing this is not the case. The way I see it, we spend so much time hating on Muslims when we should be hating on the US government who killed those 3000 people and who continue to make American and Muslim civilian's lives in the Middle East unstable and unsafe. In all reality, ATS and the Muslim community should be on the same side - that is, against the lying, dishonest, and deceitful US government, who are the real terrorists in this mess.

Divide and conquer is the US motto, after all... and we're buying right into it.
edit on 10/29/2010 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Real Truthers are simply trying to find out the truth about 9/11, and most of them that I know are not sure WHO did 9/11. Yeah, there are a lot of things pointing to rogue elements of some intelligence agencies. But I'd like to find out with a new investigation that has real experts and is not some rehashed version of the 9/11 Omission.

So rather than post defining what we are for us, how about speaking for yourself! Thanks...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

I see, if it weren't for 9/11 no one would have an issue with Islam!

Good to see the USA concept of being the only place in the world worth importance, is still flourishing.

When you claim that most muslims are peaceful, how can you say this without having met them all? Or is it a generalisation based on what you desire, as opposed to what the world around you dictates? Are you happy enough to sit by and let atrocities occur as long as it's only perpetuated by a 'minority' - a minority that happens to exist within every single islamic nation on the planet, and has in the past 30 years encroached into non-islamic lands to spread their tendrils of extremism - and therefore allowing you to blindly claim that the majority are peaceful?

Have you ever witnessed the level of submission that the laws of some of these lands will bend to in order to placate a 'minority' of angry muslims? Far beyond the wants of those of any other religion or creed. Everyone else just cops it sweet.

It's got bugger all to do with 9/11 for the rest of the world, and if you check the ATS stats, it was people from the UK who visited ATS most in the past month. Just highlighting a significant fact as it should, hopefully, refute any notion that ATS has mostly a US member base.

Personally, Having known muslims who were moderate (as if that somehow defines islam) and were good people, I still see islam as a dangerous cult. It breeds extremist attitudes, and segregates itself so that it has the chance to build a base of common enemies.

So sure, lets all go to Morocco, or lets have a peace rally... Just like everything else that has an inherent bad nature in the world, when you shine a light on it, it scurries into the darkness only to return later.

edit on 29/10/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Pakistani extremist Muslims DID in fact attack London HELLO!!!! So many people selectively forget that and the round up and still ongoing arrests of them.....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Indonesian extremist Muslims attack Australians, Americans and Brits (among others) in Bali killing many

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Sorry Im not quite picking up what your saying...Are you talking about 7/7?...If so I would ask that you do a bit more research on the subject. What I have noted is that the 7/7 evidence has more holes in it than a sponge. From photoshoped pics of the bombers with legs through a wall to excercises on the day.

I will admit not having researched it as much as other subjects, but your " HELLO" comment forced my post on the chance you might be able to offer some proof on your assumption that could help me better understand and come to a conclusion.

Thanks in advance and respects to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I don't have an issue with Arab Muslims generally speaking, but I wish I could say the same for the Pakistani Muslims although I get on well with their women. But do I trust Muslims in general terms? No more than they trust us...

We are not exactly the most likeable people in their eyes (probably due to our own doing by our Govts in their countries); in fact they hate us, our culture, our way of life, our beliefs; but exactly why do the Muslims line up outside our embassies knowing they refuse to assimulate in their host countries? I show respect towards Muslims when travelling in their countries yet they show us no respect in ours and this is for a majority of Muslims residing in our countries. Putting that aside, I'm inclined to be alot more concerned towards Muslim students in our universities for these are the ones who are mostly rounded up as suspect terrorists and sleeper cells of well known terrorist organisations.

As for trying to close the gap between Muslim and non-Muslim peoples of our own countries...in Australia we now have 1-2 generations born here and yet they still refuse to assimulate and we refuse to convert to Islam. Got any ideas so we can live peacefully as normal human beings???

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

How to live in harmony is simple. Acceptance, respect and the ability to see good in everyone. Simple is best.

Respects

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Thats a two way street, yes?

We give many opportunities for our new Muslim immigrants to make a better life for themselves and their children but they just throw it all out the window.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wait a second, are you (not op) basing a whole religion and group of people based upon their EXTREMISTS? Do you think all germans are Nazis? because using your logic, you are. Using your logic, every christian will kill for "jesus", every black person is either a crip or blood, and every italian is mafia.

See how messed up that logic is? Do you see how that this is not true in the world?

I have met many Muslims in my life, none of them extremists.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Again, your logic is flawed. You may show respect in their countries, but others definately may not have, and they feel the same way about it as you do about them.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

I see, if it weren't for 9/11 no one would have an issue with Islam!

Good to see the USA concept of being the only place in the world worth importance, is still flourishing.

When you claim that most muslims are peaceful, how can you say this without having met them all? Or is it a generalisation based on what you desire, as opposed to what the world around you dictates? Are you happy enough to sit by and let atrocities occur as long as it's only perpetuated by a 'minority' - a minority that happens to exist within every single islamic nation on the planet, and has in the past 30 years encroached into non-islamic lands to spread their tendrils of extremism - and therefore allowing you to blindly claim that the majority are peaceful?

Have you ever witnessed the level of submission that the laws of some of these lands will bend to in order to placate a 'minority' of angry muslims? Far beyond the wants of those of any other religion or creed. Everyone else just cops it sweet.

didnt notice the other 'minority' groups that are angry and get things done? Mexicans? African Americans?

It's got bugger all to do with 9/11 for the rest of the world, and if you check the ATS stats, it was people from the UK who visited ATS most in the past month. Just highlighting a significant fact as it should, hopefully, refute any notion that ATS has mostly a US member base.

Personally, Having known muslims who were moderate (as if that somehow defines islam) and were good people, I still see islam as a dangerous cult. It breeds extremist attitudes, and segregates itself so that it has the chance to build a base of common enemies.

You have obviously not heard of the Christian extremists, have you?

atheism.about.com...

So sure, lets all go to Morocco, or lets have a peace rally... Just like everything else that has an inherent bad nature in the world, when you shine a light on it, it scurries into the darkness only to return later.

edit on 29/10/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join